“rude and arrogant floor manager” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Yamamori Noodles

Yamamori Noodles
71 - 72 South Great Georges Street | D2, Dublin, Ireland (South City Centre)
+353 1 475 5001
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #430 of 1,886 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Noodle
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Dublin, Ireland
“rude and arrogant floor manager”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Booked this restaurant in advance for 5 people to celebrate our son's birthday. Upon arrival we were kept waiting 15 mins on a table before an extremely rude waiter tried to palm us off to a table for four with a spare seat in a busy isle when we objected he became quite arrogant and irate with us even though we could clearly see that there was a six seater table available from the time we arrived.We explained that when making our reservation a week earlier we weren't told of any issues with a party of five as we would have made other arrangements.This waiter then ignored our request for a suitable table and left us standing at the reception.Eventually after 20 minutes we approached him and asked to be seated at the empty 6 seater table which he reluctantly gave in to. When we got to the table the waiter then became abusive and stuck his shaking finger into our faces, he was then removed by another member of staff who apologized profusely as we were about to leave. Wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone and will forever tell people of our disgraceful treatment at the hands of an incompetent waiter who obviously doesn't understand the meaning of the word customer. Victor. 20.00hr 5/07/13

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
YamamoriNoodles, Manager at Yamamori Noodles, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hello Victor

I sincerely apologies for this. The treatment you describes is not acceptable. This complaint will be taken very seriously. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us. We will look into it immediately.

Kind Regards,

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Such a pity this place has gone rapidly down hill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I used to frequent this place all the time. It has gone rapidly downhill. Firstly the service was terrible everything was so disjointed. We were sitting for 10 mins before our drinks order was taken and it was brought after another 10 mins. Both our food looked colourless and thrown together. It was over cooked, slopped on the plate and the vegetables had seen much better days. The green tea was also very bitter from over brewing. We got our food way before our cutlery. My friend had to ask twice for a beer. The table beside us also complained about their food, No one seemed happy - three tables remarked how badly the place has gone down hill and its such a shame. I wont be back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
I am very sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience with us.
We take your feedback very seriously. I will bring this to attention in our next management meeting.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
Dublin
“Standards have declined”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

When my office was in Exchequer St. I was a regular visitor to Yamamori. Sadly, having visited it yesterday evening I found that both service and food standards have plummeted!

I had their signature Yaki Soba which arrived about five minutes after ordering, before the cutlery which arrived a couple of minutes later, so not cooked to order and it showed. A layer of beansprouts under the noodles topped by some mushy vegetables, five prawns and a few pieces of badly trimmed chicken thigh and pork. It was bland with had no discernible taste and had obviously been assembled from already coded ingredients.

Service was impersonal and mechanical, the waitress who brought my food didn't immediately go to get the cutlery which was brought by a different waitress while the waitress who cleared away and brought me the bill didn't ask if everything was OK with the food - neither did the manager whom I passed on my way out - for the last time I might add!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
YamamoriNoodles, Manager at Yamamori Noodles, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hi Tim.

I am very disappointed to hear you had a negative experience with us. I sincerely apologies for this and will look into it immediately. If you could please send us the date and time of your visit, we can then look into who was looking after you, and make sure that this does not happen again. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your feedback is vital to us maintaining a high standard of service.

Kind Regards,
“Excellent healthy food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a quick lunch, ordered the regular Bento Box. As always the food was delicious healthy service top class and staff attentive to my need for a quick lunch.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you Mac Irish for your positive review.
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your meal with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.

All the best,
The Yamamori Staff
Istanbul, Turkey
“Disappointing Japanese”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Bento box, noodle dishes were all below average. Food was bland in general. Edamame beans were overcooked. But then I compare to Japanese restaurants in USA. Sushi was actually above average with reasonably good quality but still bland.

Finally why bother with Japanese food in Dublin (if you are a tourist like me)????

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to offer us your feedback. We are disappointed to hear you were not impressed with our food. I will bring this to attention in our next management meeting.

Kind Regards