“Really like this place:” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tante Zoe's - CLOSED

Tante Zoe's
1 Crow Street, Dublin, Ireland (South City Centre)
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Dublin, Ireland
“Really like this place:”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Dropped in here on a Sunday for a quick bite.

I think the food in here is brilliant, have been before & really like it every time.

We ordered buffalo wings as a starter to share. These were delicious & quite spicy, the one gripe I would have it that we ordered the double portion but it seemed quite small (maybe 10wings total)

For mains we both ordered the Lou-Lou Mae Jambalaya. It was absolutely delicious & reminded me of the one I had in New Orleans, again the portion size wasn't huge but it tasted great.

Overall the food is fantastic in my opinion but I would have a few gripes, it was freezing in the restaurant when we were there, I'm usually not one to notice the cold but certainly noticed it here.

Also, the decor is a bit tatty, maybe it could do with a few new tables & chairs and a lick of paint.

Still I think the food outweighs the few negatives & I would certainly be back.

The service was pretty good too & the turn around was quite fast.

Probably a 3.5 out of 5.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

55% Recommend
Dublin, Ireland
“Tante Zoes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Got the Deal Rush deal for 2 people, 3 course meal for 2, bottle of wine (a very nice Tempranillo) and our boy ate free (lovely chicken nuggets & chips) on the day (Sunday). Wonderful service, lovely food. Thanks to the 2 ladies working, they made us feel very welcome and were extremely lovely. Will definitely be back. Thanks Rachel for the 2nd dessert for my boy, that ice pop kept him quiet for a bit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ireland
“freezing cold, non trained staff and very disappoining”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is my first and last time eatening at tante zoe's. The place was colder them been outside on the street. The lady who seemed to be the manager handnt a clue what was going on and was so slow. I have over 12 years hotel management experience and I was embarrised for this place. A second guy came on duty and looked like he never worked a restaurant in his life. We order diet coke and was waiting 10min first time and over 20min (which we got on the house) after leaving we saw the kitchen porter buying drinks in spar. The food was nice but very small portions and took ages to arrive. Lady took our order wrote noithing down and had to ask us twice about two iteams she was also talking about business issues with other guest behind up like. She was in a world of her own all night like.

There was a few other tables in and all took ages to order and at this time there was 3 staff and none of them was cluded into what the other was doing. I have to stay defo wont be a restaurent I will recommed to any of my guest. Big improvments are need with the building and the staff training

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“service wonderful and really nice food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We had a table booked for 8 last night, I had really high expectations of this restaurant before going in and I have to say it didnt disappoint, the service was wonderful and the food was to die for. I got steak and my boyfriend got surf and turf both came out on hotel stones so you could cook to your liking it was the nicest steak I have eaten in a long time, will defo be back in the future.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ireland
“Ok food, shame about the toilets”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was my second time eating at this restaraunt, and the food has been good on both occasions, however on both visits they ran out of bottled beer and the second time they ran out of the replacement beer after one drink, very annoying, also on this trip the toilets were out of service and we were ushered to the staff toilets which were filthy and a total turn off, given the beer and toilet situation I would not be recommending that anyone visits until both issues have been resolved.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere