“Very popular spot with Art Nouveau Decorations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe en Seine

Cafe en Seine
40 Dawson Street, Dublin, Ireland (South City Centre)
1-677 4567
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #314 of 1,820 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Frankfurt
“Very popular spot with Art Nouveau Decorations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Great Cafe that doubles as a Club at night, quite a big location with a lovely Art Nouveau Styling.
We went there early evening and had food and Cocktails, later there was a private function so we had to leave a bit early.
But it looked great fun and I would recommend it for the drinks, the food and the music

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Very Parisien feel about it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Was there for a couple of drinks recently. It's a great meeting place, and a good place to meet new people !
Staff very efficient and friendly. I love the decor of the place. It's really huge though, and you'd almost need to tell your friends exactly where to meet them inside. They have music there weekends, I think. Great place to meet before heading off to a restaurant nearby.

chester
“rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

we had been recommended this cafe by a friend, the decor is excellent and very grand. We were told to take a seat and a server would be over to take our order. We ordered some drinks while we decided what to eat. Our drinks came while two of our party had nipped to the ladies room ;) so we asked the waitress to come back in a minute. We waited half an hour and still nobody came to take our order, so I went upto the bar and asked if I could order our food as we couldn't catch anybody's attention. The bar man was very blunt, looked up at the clock it was 2.59pm, he turned to me and said we stop serving lunch at three sorry. I thought he was joking so went to hunt down our original waitress who told me the same thing, after mentioning that we had been waiting for ages for our order to be taken she simply said you knew where I was. I was gobsmacked at how rude she was and how unaccommodating, having worked in catering myself I couldn't believe how unaccommodating they were. Even when I asked to pay she gave me a receipt and told me to go and pay at another till as she was busy! Delightful!!! Don't bother...go somewhere that they actually want the trade!

• Visited December 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“good fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Because it is Christmas time it was a bit mental but a good athmosphere, quite a large place with I think 3 floors

Florence, Italy
“So Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The decor is the first thing you notice here. It's beautifully decorated, a mix of Afro-French style. My boyfriend and I ate here our last night in Dublin and we had an enjoyable time. The service was efficient, the prices were fair and the food (we both had the fish & chips and a few beers) was quite good. If we return to Dublin we'd definitely go back for Sunday brunch or dinner!

• Visited February 2012