“Dublin in a nutshell !!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish, International, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Ennis, Ireland
“Dublin in a nutshell !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

What a great pub..super staff..great pints and grub..unlimited craic..and as for the tunes. Spotted Mumford and sons enjoying a few pints there last Sunday. A place locals and visitors mingle together in total harmony. A must for every visit to Dublin. Love it.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Dublin
“Fantastic venue!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We had our work Christmas function there this year and cannot recommend it enough. We were in the Zodiac Bar downstairs. The venue, location, staff, food, service, music & atmosphere was fantastic... It catered for our every need including the AV system which we needed for a special video presentation. The bar staff were brilliant. All my colleagues were raving about it the day after. I will definetely be going back!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“One of the best pubs in dublin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hostilery has it all , the great phil lynott stands on guard outside the door , any drink u can think of and top class entertainment every Monday night , a must for all !

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Luck, Wisconsin
“Not A PUB...More Like a Good Consumption Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I get a little annoyed with folks who continually blather on about a great Pub...as though it were Ubiquitous for any place to enjoy a pint in Ireland... Bruxelles is fun, lively, entertaining and serves great grub and that's what it is,,. generally considered to be the premier "night spot" in central Dublin..Its a great spot with an eclectic mix of foreigners, travelers, Dublin's hip shakers and makers... but its not a pub...Yep that's right, Its a full food/ Bar and later night party spot. The atmosphere at night is where the Craic gets going. Either outside under the awning at a table or standing room only, be prepared to engage. This is a centralized hang out spot and is a lot of fun, if that's your bag. Day time visits are quieter and you can find some peace but the set up in the night time is "all In". If your there at night be prepared to be social with everybody, Its the "gas" place. I have met famous footballers, Ruggers and buggers, Irish Movie and T.V. types, Gasmen, trash men and finance ministers. Its a lot of fun and it takes all kinds. Look for the statue of Phil Lynott outside; the consummate dead Irish Singer and Bass Player in Thin Lizzy, a kind of Irish sub cultural hero/mastodon . If you want a pub...cross the street, No joke. Bruxelles full Irish Breakfast is known to be the best in Dublin, I've had it...its huge, its cheap and its grand enough to force you into a nap when completed.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Arrogant Bar Tenders”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I organised a Christmas night for out for the second year in row in Bruxelles for 10 close friends. We had such fun last year. What has happened to the service? I complained to the bar tender who had taken my order for delay in getting my drink, he told me he was too busy to serve me because he had to fulfil drink orders from messages. The next tattooed bar tender told me to move on if I didn't like the service which we did. These bar tenders have become jaded. Management must put a fire under them or tell them to move on. Maybe management have become jaded too. Sirs, you are only as good as you last satisfied customer. I am not one of them. It will be McDaids next year for our Christmas party.