“Best little Italian outside Italy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Botticelli

Botticelli
3 Temple Bar | Closed. See to Let Link Below, Dublin, Ireland (South City Centre)
1-672 7289
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Italian Restaurant just across street from Original Temple Bar
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best little Italian outside Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I go to Italy every year to family and have grown up in an Italian environment. I also go to Dublin twice a year and I always go to this little Restaurant sometimes as on this visit 3 times! It is small, friendly and the food is divine. Flavio the friendly waiter is attentive and you want for nothing, if its not on the menu he will ask the chef's if they can do it. It is a little more expensive compared to other Italian eateries in the area but the food is fresh, perfectly cooked and there is a friendly relaxed atmosphere. Sit by the window and watch the world go by! Many Italians actually come here to eat and that says something. It has one accolades of awards that are proudly displayed on plaques outside. I would eat here everyday if I could afford it.

Visited December 2012

74% Recommend
Providence, Rhode Island
“A touch of Italy...in Dublin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Enter the door and you feel like you have stepped into Italy. The native Italians who staff the restaurant and the dishes served...certainly an experience worth repeating!
The food was prepared and served with pride. The staff made every effort to make your dining experience authentic and personal - we almost felt like we were in a private room with the attention devoted to us.
The Minestrone soup was perfection! Their Bruschetta left me wanting more (not the size - the flavor!) and we also had Pizza Prosciutto and Ravioli Di Magro........both with distinct flavors not usually found beyond the original "boot shaped" country.
Take your time and dine at Botticelli...in Temple Bar.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Westport, Ireland
“Always enjoyed eating here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Been in Botticelli a few times I've been in Dublin, and I don't have a negative word to say about the place. It could be better, sure. It's not the fanciest restaurant you'll ever go to, but the food is always nice and the staff are pleasant and always eager to cater to your every need. I'd definitely recommend getting some ice cream after your meal, provided you have room after their generous portions!
The only reason I'm giving 4 and not 5 stars, is they give 3 after dinner mints to 2 people. It usually ends up in fisticuffs over who gets the last one, and occasionally people end up in the Liffey.

Great place though, I'd highly recommend it!

• Visited July 2012
San Francisco, California
“Delicious food, good location - be prepared for a leisurely dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I wanted to hang out in Temple Bar for a night so we were looking for a good restaurant to eat in that (for once) wasn't pub food. Botticelli's was across the street from us when we paused to survey our options, so in we went.

We were greeted by host staff and our server, and we were seated right away. We were given a water carafe, and I ordered a sauv blanc (since I ordered the spaghetti carbonara) and my husband ordered the merlot, which was a good complement to his blue cheese risotto. We ordered the smoked Irish salmon on rocket lettuce appetizer - it was really yummy, great flavor, very light dressing. The spaghetti carbonara was really tasty - the sauce was creamy, rich, and is one of the best spaghetti carbonara dishes I've ever had. Watch out, portions here are generous! We each ordered the gelato desserts. The coffee and hazelnut flavors are awesome - definitely give those a try. The vanilla's not the strongest/richest vanilla I've ever had, but it's solid.

Service is a little slow, but I wonder if that's just to be expected. If you come here, make sure you aren't on a schedule.

Spooner, Wisconsin
“Lovely dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Had the minestrone, a pasta dish, gelato and a complimentary limoncello as we left. The food was lovely. Friendly, efficient service and the atmosphere was comfortable. I would definitely go back and recommend to others.

• 4 of 5 stars Food