“Nicest meal I have had in a long time...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ryan's & F.X.BUCKLEY. Steakhouse

Ryan's & F.X.BUCKLEY. Steakhouse
28 Parkgate Street, Dublin D8, Ireland (Formerly FXB Grill@ Ryans Parkgate Street)
01 6719352
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #59 of 1,894 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Irish, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Ryan’s of Parkgate Street has been a landmark Victorian public house in Dublin since 1886 located at the front gate of the Phoenix Park. It has had many famous patrons thorughout it's years including George W. Bush Junior and Senior who both drank here together and also John F. Kennedy. Ryan's was bought by F.X.BUCKLEY Restaurants in 2006 and since then has been serving fabulous FXB quality food, not only do we serve our famous steaks but a full Gastro Bar menu which recommends the best beer for each dish.
Belfast
“Nicest meal I have had in a long time...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

As i was staying at the Ashling hotel recently and had read on Trip Advisor about this resturant I thought i would check it out.. I am soo glad I did. I had the nicest meal I have had in a long time. Even though we were there mid afternoon (On a Sunday) we were able to select of the special early bird menu so I had 2 courses for 19 euro. For my main I had the steak with peppercorn sauce. I could have licked the plate clean the sauce was so nice. I didn't think to order vegetables with my meal and that was the only disappointment that it did not come with any. I would have liked them to point that out when you place your order. For dessert I had the chocolate brownie.. i would consider driving down the 2 hours to Dublin to have that again it was soo good! Definitely well worth checking this place this out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dublin
“Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We visited Ryans bar last week while staying in the Ashling Hotel. The staff were very friendly and the bar is cosy and welcoming. We considered the bar menu and while impressed with the choice of food we did not sample any on this trip but will do so on the next trip.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Good pub good food good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the ashling hotel just down the road from Ryan's, the staff were helpful and friendly the food was really good ( I recommend the brisket ) and the beer was going down well too and it was all great value. The only negative point is its a bit out town but if you're staying nearby I highly recommend it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
“Fine specialist steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My wife and I ate there will visiting Dublin. We arrived early before the 17:00 opening time, but we were so taken with the friendliness of the manager and his warm welcome we decided to have a few drinks elsewhere before returning for our evening meal.

The restaurant is dedicated to steaks of all cuts and thicknesses, beautifully cooked and well presented. I had a wonderful 10 oz sirloin with alll the trimmings..... delicious.

Our young waiter from Achill was very amusing and contributed greater to overall enjoyment of the dining experience.

Hopefully we will be back soon!

Dublin, Ireland
“Great Steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is a great F.X. steakhouse and I'm definitely headed back again. Next time with a reservation though, as it's packed full of people constantly. Excellent atmosphere and excellent food, this is exactly how a steakhouse should be.

• Visited April 2013