“Some of the best stout on earth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Porterhouse Temple Bar

The Porterhouse Temple Bar
16-18 Parliament Street, Dublin D2, Ireland (South City Centre)
1-679 8847
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #115 of 1,797 restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Burlington, Connecticut
“Some of the best stout on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I first had Porterhouse at the Fraunces Tavern in NYC. If you like Guinness and stouts, you are missing a slice of life if you never try this stuff (two world gold medals). They have a very very extensive beer list if stout isn't your thing. The live music was awesome. The food was good but not exceptional. I had a loin of bacon or something like that and it had unbelievable flavor and I am surprised I haven't had a heart attack yet because I am pretty sure it had a negative impact on my cholesterol!

Visited October 2012

84% Recommend
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent place with home-brewed beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Very nice place for a very relaxed atmosphere in Temple Bar. It can get crowded, but on the top floor its not super-crowded, and the beer they serve is very nice.
There is some live music, usually rock, there.

Overall, very nice and friendly place!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Albany
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Based upon several recommendations, we went to the Porterhouse in Temple Bar. Two of us had specials and were very pleased with our choices (beef stew and a lamb dish). The other 4 ordered from the regular menu and were sorely disappointed. Two of us ordered a special goat cheese burger which came with a slab of cold goat cheese on a luke warm, not particularly tasty or hearty burger. They do not take reservations and staff provides no assistance in finding a table. We identified one table waiting to depart and waited an extra 15 minutes while they attempted to get their check. Service was slow and when we could flag down our waitress, she often forgot to bring what we requested.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Beers on Tap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have sort of grown up in this bar, I've been coming here for about 12 years, less so in the past couple, but I still love this place. Great place to eduacte yourself in the beer world by sampling everything they have on the menu. Excellent gastro pub as well. Templebrau on tap is really nice. Live music is usually superb, only problem is the place can get really packed and the toilets are no fun on a busy night.

Visited June 2012
London, United Kingdom
“My favourite Dublin Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This pub has an amazing beer selection both on tap and bottled and the bar staff I spoke to were very knowledgeable about both and didn't mind being quizzed each round. I had some great local craft beers and towards the end of the day tried out a few different whiskeys! I also had a very tasty and filling sausage and mash and my wife had chicken which she enjoyed. If I lived in Dublin I would definitely make this pub my local!

• Visited September 2012