“Buzzing atmosphere and great food and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Peploe's

Peploe's
16 St Stephen's Green | Dublin 2, Dublin 2, Ireland (South City Centre)
(01) 676 3144
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #342 of 1,889 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European, French, Irish, International
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Peploe's is chic, sophisticated and probably the bubbliest restaurant in Dublin. Great food and ambience is the order of the day at Peploe's Wine Bistro. We all work very hard making sure that we have the best service, great food and really buzzy atmosphere! Our produce is sources from the best Irish and European suppliers of fresh fish and meat.
Stanstead Abbotts
“Buzzing atmosphere and great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

On the second day of our stay in Dublin, we went to Peploes, a very lively Irish Bistro / Restaurant. It was packed with Irish and English Rugby supporters so we were glad to have booked. My husband started with a glass of Riesling and I had some Champagne Andre Rodger followed by a glass of Pouilly Fuissé. We ordered some Gigondas. I ordered the Carpaccio of Irish Beef with wild mushrooms& parmesan as a starter and my husband choose the Dressed Clougherhead Crab & Smoked Salmon with toasted brioche followed by the Monkfish Pie with Dublin Bay prawns &parmesan breadcrumbs for myself and the Dry Aged Irish 10oz Sirloin Steak with onion jam, bearnaise & chips for my husband. Before our starters arrived we were offered some fabulous olives with a tapenade of sort which we spread on delicious bread. We asked for more as it really was so lovely.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

ireland
“One of Dublin's best restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Peploes deserves a much better Tripadvisor ranking that it has achieved. I visited here following a big match, the staff were very helpful and got me a table straight away. The food and service were excellent. It has an excellent location in central Dublin, great atmosphere, all you could ask for. Highly recommended but probably not for young families.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ireland
“Peploe's Dublin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Excellent value. Ate here last weekend with my girlfriend. We had the early bird menu, three courses for €25. The food was really, really good, a seriously high quality. I had the nicest mushroom soup I have ever tasted. It had bacon bits and truffle oil in it. Followed by duck for a main course that was cooked perfectly. We shared each others dessert which was a mix of panna cotta and crumble.
Overall, the staff are good, the atmosphere is intimate and the food is great value.
It is now in my top three places for great quality food at good prices.

1. Fire restaurant
2. Peploe's
3. The Wild Goose Grill in Ranelagh

I don't understand why people go to lesser quality restaurants and pay €15-20 for a poor quality main course when you can go to these places and pay a little more for amazing quality and value.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Very Impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Was taken to dinner recently and was very impressed with this central Dublin eatery. Cream of root vegetable soup was tasty, wholesome, and comforting on a cold wet night. Monkfish pie followed - a perfect dish for the evening - sensory delight - creamy with chunky monkfish in a perfectly crusted topping. Staff were excellent and even on a February Monday there was a great buzz in the place. I will return - top level establishment.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Living in a parallel universe”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant and their staff are clearly living on a distant planet in a galaxy, far, away.

When they return to planet Earth and understand that it is not acceptable to tell potential patrons that they can (if they are lucky) have two hours to eat, I will review them again.

In the mean time, people of Ireland, may the force (farce?) Be with you.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere