“Good craic any day!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of O'Neill's

O'Neill's
2 Suffolk Street, Dublin, Ireland (South City Centre)
+353 1 679 3656
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Dublin, Ireland
“Good craic any day!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Have been here quite a few times and no matter what evening it is there's always a bit of craic! Just a good Irish feel, good music, nice staff.

Visited November 2012

• Greek first
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent Food and Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is a must when visiting Dublin. We had the stew and it was excellent! The atmosphere of the pub was great and lively. Not expensive at all!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Annonay, France
“Bad experience / Irish law”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

During a 5-night stay in Dublin with my 2 kids (11 and 14) we decided to go to O'Neills for dinner because of the reputation and the Irish live music played that night.
We arrived at 8:30pm, ordered dinner at the buffet/restaurant counter, ordered and got drinks and the bar. Food came at 9pm. The girls went upstairs after the meal to listen to the music, and I stayed with my son, 11, to watch football on the large screen.
After tne football the boys went upstairs to atch up on the music. There a person of staff, probably the manager as he had a different shirt from others, told my son he had to leave. As we are French I told him that he is accompanied by adults and thisis fine. But we were explained that Irish law does not allow kids below 18 in pubs after 9pm even with parent or guardian..
So we had to leave. I told him I was disgusted because we were actually served food -good food good value BTW - just before 9pm and that none of the staff warned us we would have to leave, and that this is only after I paid the 70€ that we are thrown out. Not very kind to tourists. I asked whether there should be a sign and was replied it is not compulsory. However I found out this is not true as the pub should display a visible sign in a prominent place according to the law (http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/criminal_law/criminal_offences/alcohol_and_the_law.html).
I hope this report will be read by the management of this place and a more professional stance be taken.
We were told, and experienced in Kells, that the bar tennants (and the police I suppose) are easier on this regulation in smaller cities other than Dublin.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dumfries and Galloway
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The food is of excelent quality, the carved meats are mouthwatering, the service is second to none, i just love eating on the top balcony.
It is good value as you are given a decent amount of wonderful food, the gravy is gorgeous.

Visited April 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
“Cozy, traditional, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is by far the best pub we visited in Dublin. It is very traditional with gorgeous dark wood interior, and its warm and cozy. Everything is self-serve, you get your own drinks from the bar and the food is served cafeteria style. There was live music on the third floor (we were there on Wednesday night) which was was very entertaining. It was packed so I think that alone speaks for itself. There were a lot of locals. Everyone in our group loved their food - the fish and chips is fantastic!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere