“Not a classic lunch on Tuesday!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“Not a classic lunch on Tuesday!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was busy when I joined a party for a private lunch. While the service was decent the reaction of the guests to the food was mixed. Some chose hake which was disappointing. The experience overall was not bad but when expectations are high shortcomings are accentuated.

Visited December 2013

“Schhhmaazzzzing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Dinner with fantastic company and the best food I have ever tasted,
Each element so carefully thought through, put together and presented a cacophony of colour symmetry and taste.
Scallops with hazelnut purée to start. Stunning
Venison with so many elements but served perfectly and the best cheese board I have ever experienced
Beautiful Rioja
And simply fantastic staff,
Amazing night
Highly recommend the experience , hope to be back

“Birthday Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Myself and my Boyfriend visited L'Ecrivain in November 2013. This was without a doubt one of the nicest experiences we have ever had in a restaurant. The food for one was in an absolute league of its own and the friendliness and warmth of the staff really shone through. We had the 6 course tasting menu which was simply stunning.

The Amuse-bouche was a delicate crab meat and salsify mousse that simply melted in the mouth. I went for the organic salmon and my boyfriend for the ham hock and pheasant terrine. My salmon was unlike any I have ever tasted. It was light yet full of flavour. My boyfriend is still raving about his starter! The palate cleanser unfortunately slips my mind as to what we had, but I think it may have involved a lemonade foam.... (it was delish either way!) For mains I went with the Hake and my boyfriend the Pork Belly. These dishes were knock out! I could take or leave Hake and was toying with also going for the Pork Belly but I kept to my guns, It was an amazing dish. We finished with a chocolate brownie, caramelized nuts and orange crisp. Wow....total indulgence but wow! Lastly the petit fours, served as sweet pops looked too good to eat but I am glad we did so anyway! My particular favourite, was the chocolate dipped in sesame seeds. It was my birthday that night and they brought out a very pretty Birthday plate and desert for me, which was really appreciated.

Without a doubt as you would expect the food was faultless, the presentation clean and elegant and the service impeccable. Sally Anne Clarke made us feel particularly welcome and wholly added to what was going to be a great experience to be an amazing one.

We most definitely be back and cannot wait to return.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“world class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

So much to say and the best thing I can do for you is to say This Restaurant is a must. I have just moved from Galway to Dublin and if I can expect more like this I am delighted to have made the move, Food is Superb and Sally Ann (wife to chef Derry) is an amazing and welcoming host. We look forward to our return visit.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“A place to write home about”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Love this place!
This was my third trip this year and my third wonderful experience. I opted for the vegetarian menu and had the butternut squash ravioli (see pic) and the spinach risotto (see pic). I ate the dessert before remembering to take a picture. This restaurant and the staff are in a class of their own!