“Wonderful Restful Resturant!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Boxty House

The Boxty House
20-21 Temple Bar, Dublin D2, Ireland (Formerly Gallagher's Boxty House)
+353 1 677 2762
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #93 of 1,863 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Pub, Wine Bar, Irish, Seafood, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant has been at the beating heart of a dynamic, contemporary community for over 25 years. Our customers experience a genuine taste of modern Ireland, full of eclectic talking points and the warmth of that country kitchen down the west. Today, our restaurant caters for up to 2000 local and international customers a week. The relaxed, warm atmosphere provides a natural habitat for conversation to flow easily and to share stories. Come join us in the heart of Temple Bar, and discover what it means to be Irish. Totally Irish.
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Restful Resturant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We ate lunch here. The food was wonderfully tasty, fresh, and perfect. If i lived in Dublin I would ear here every month.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
BoxtyHouse, Public Relations Manager at The Boxty House, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
We would love to have you as a regular customer!
Thank you so much for the great review, delighted to hear we could impress you so much!
Hopefully we will see you again in the future.

• Greek first
Welwyn, United Kingdom
“Great location but my meal was not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Very central in Temple Bar and offers a small menu but all very local.Being where it is it is full of tourists not locals.You may have to wait up to an hour for a table on a saturday night !
My wait was only 15 minutes at 7.30pm on a friday night.
The starter was delicious - I chose the Boxty vegetarian sampler.
The main course was not so good.I had to leave 3 large pieces of the lamb in the lamb stew as the meat was very fatty and chewy.
I did complain and they did apologise & offered me a box of the boxty mix (€3 to buy) as an apology.
I did find it very expensive - Meal for 1 starter of mixed boxty,main course Irish Stew ( with an extra portion of caramelised onions) and a glass of Coke was €31.
The service was extremely friendly.
Would I go again ? Probably not.. I am going back to Dublin in October but I doubt I would visit the Boxty again.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
BoxtyHouse, Owner at The Boxty House, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Hi and thank you for taking the time to review the Boxty house. I was sorry to hear that our lamb quality was not up to scratch on the evening. It does not happen often but this is no consolation to you and your enjoyment in our establishment. The manager and waiter obviously read it wrong on the evening. Procedure should have been to check with you during your meal and rectify any complaint then as it is too late when you have finished. I hope I can rectify this and would appreciate if you could email me directly to pog at boxtyhouse dot ie. Nothing would satisfy myself and my team than correcting our mistakes and having you tick all our boxes with 4 stars plus in October. Thank you for taking the time to review the Boxty House and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Demorest, Georgia
“One of my favorite meals in Ireland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The atmosphere, food, service, and prices were all great at The Boxty House. I'm so glad we went there for our first meal in Dublin. I had the corned beef & sour kraut boxty, which was one of the specials of the day. Like all of the meals I had in Ireland, it was huge, but it was so delicious that I didn't care. It was also one of the most reasonably priced meals I had in Ireland, including pub food out in the country. I only spent about 10 Euros!

Hi Jon,
great to hear that we were able to start off your trip to Dublin with a smile!
Thanks a million for taking the time to review us, we hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday,
and hope you plan on visiting us again.
London, United Kingdom
“wonderful find , atmosphere, food & staff lovely & friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

we stumbled across this lovely Irish restaurent when finding somewhere for lunch so thrilled we found it such a lovely place food wonderful , had the best cocktail & the staff wonderful we will def be back highly recommend .

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks a million for taking the time to review us and for recommending us to others on Tripadvisor,
delighted to hear you we were able to serve you up a lovely lunch and that our staff were able to look after you so well,
We look forward to seeing you again perhaps for dinner next time.
Lyme, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best in the Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was introduced to The Boxty House by a business associate 2 years ago. I discovered an exceptional establishment in the heart of Temple Bar with courteous, friendly service and a great meal. I strongly recommend the Gaelic Beef Boxty. Tender Irish Beef wrapped in a potato pancake (Boxty). This dish was perfect with a nice pint of stout!!
I returned to Dublin this July and made it a point to return again. I was not disappointed. I ended up going twice during the week. On my second night, I decided to try the pulled pork. Again, perfectly cooked and spiced in a barbecue sauce that didn't overpower the pork.
If you visit Temple Bar, this is a must!!.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
BoxtyHouse, Public Relations Manager at The Boxty House, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hi Bill,
It is so great to hear you recommend us to others just as your friend did to you.
Sounds like you really have become a Boxty House regular since that first visit and we are just delighted to hear this. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next visit even more special.