“One of my favorite meals in Ireland” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Boxty House

The Boxty House
20-21 Temple Bar, Dublin D2, Ireland (Formerly Gallagher's Boxty House)
+353 1 677 2762
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #80 of 1,917 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: Our restaurant has been at the beating heart of a dynamic, contemporary community for over 25 years. Our customers experience a genuine taste of modern Ireland, full of eclectic talking points and the warmth of that country kitchen down the west. Today, our restaurant caters for up to 2000 local and international customers a week. The relaxed, warm atmosphere provides a natural habitat for conversation to flow easily and to share stories. Come join us in the heart of Temple Bar, and discover what it means to be Irish. Totally Irish.
Demorest, Georgia
“One of my favorite meals in Ireland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The atmosphere, food, service, and prices were all great at The Boxty House. I'm so glad we went there for our first meal in Dublin. I had the corned beef & sour kraut boxty, which was one of the specials of the day. Like all of the meals I had in Ireland, it was huge, but it was so delicious that I didn't care. It was also one of the most reasonably priced meals I had in Ireland, including pub food out in the country. I only spent about 10 Euros!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
BoxtyHouse, Public Relations Manager at The Boxty House, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hi Jon,
great to hear that we were able to start off your trip to Dublin with a smile!
Thanks a million for taking the time to review us, we hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday,
and hope you plan on visiting us again.

• Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“wonderful find , atmosphere, food & staff lovely & friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

we stumbled across this lovely Irish restaurent when finding somewhere for lunch so thrilled we found it such a lovely place food wonderful , had the best cocktail & the staff wonderful we will def be back highly recommend .

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks a million for taking the time to review us and for recommending us to others on Tripadvisor,
delighted to hear you we were able to serve you up a lovely lunch and that our staff were able to look after you so well,
We look forward to seeing you again perhaps for dinner next time.
Lyme, Connecticut
“The Best in the Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was introduced to The Boxty House by a business associate 2 years ago. I discovered an exceptional establishment in the heart of Temple Bar with courteous, friendly service and a great meal. I strongly recommend the Gaelic Beef Boxty. Tender Irish Beef wrapped in a potato pancake (Boxty). This dish was perfect with a nice pint of stout!!
I returned to Dublin this July and made it a point to return again. I was not disappointed. I ended up going twice during the week. On my second night, I decided to try the pulled pork. Again, perfectly cooked and spiced in a barbecue sauce that didn't overpower the pork.
If you visit Temple Bar, this is a must!!.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
BoxtyHouse, Public Relations Manager at The Boxty House, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hi Bill,
It is so great to hear you recommend us to others just as your friend did to you.
Sounds like you really have become a Boxty House regular since that first visit and we are just delighted to hear this. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next visit even more special.
Rockledge, Florida
“Excellent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

First, the waitstaff was very attentive and nice. We had never had a boxty before, and my husband ordered one with beef inside. He loved it! I ordered the Irish stew and it was great as well. We had a wonderful meal!

Hi Mickey!
So happy to hear you enjoyed your meal with us, thanks a million for taking the time to review us, we hope you and your husband come back and visit us again.
“simply excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

we were in temple bar looking for a healthy meal and without lots of cash left. then we stumble across this little restaurant which advertised meals from 11am to 4pm from 6.95 euros.. we were welcome like kings.. The waiter explained to us what were the meals made of, and came several times to check back on us.. they do not have guiness but they have Murphy's which is not bad either...
if you are looking a meal without fish and chips for less than 10 euros this is your spot!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Hi Mario!
Great to hear you enjoyed your lunch so much and thank you for leaving such a great review for others to read on Tripadvisor.
We hope you come back and visit us again.