“Loved It!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Elephant & Castle

Elephant & Castle
18 Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland (South City Centre)
01-679-31-21
Neighborhood: South City Centre
UK
“Loved It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

This is a favourite of a friend of mine, he lives in Dublin - I can see why he likes it so much!

Great atmosphere and great food. Go for the Chicken Wings, Chips & a Strawberry Cola!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Maybe burnt this bridge”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

The Elephant and Castle is an eatery I frequent a lot in Dublin and I have reviewed very favourably on Trip Advisor in the past - as a result I know that they don't take bookings - so when friends from overseas visited Dublin and I raved about the chicken wings we had to go all the way into the city knowing we may have to wait a while for a table - however when we arrived at about 8:30 we were told it would be a few hours for a table and asked by the quite arrogant host why we hadn't booked?..when I asked how i should book a restaurant that doesn't take bookings I was answered that it is policy over Christmas - alas we left and went elsewhere and I have resisted going back since - glad to see a business so busy in the current economic environment though!

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“The best chicken wings I have ever tasted by far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This place is amazing. The food is beautiful, the wings are out of this world. The staff are always friendly and quick and the atmosphere is always buzzing. I have never been dispointed with Elephant Castle. I actully make a point of going at least once every few weeks and its the 1st place I think to bring friends and famil too for a meal when visiting Dublin. I also have seen 'Pink' mention on twitter that she had discovered it when she was in dublin on tour and as impressed by it ..Keep up the good work ....

Visited February 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Great burgers and wings, but impersonal service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Went to get a taste of their famous chicken wings and have to say they didn't disappoint! Went with the younger brother who had the chargrilled burger, which and tasted and have to say it was one of the nicest burgers I've eaten in a while, the meat was extremely flavoursome! However, while the smoked salmon was beautiful, whatever sauce they used on the brown bread just didn't seem to suit the dish. Service was okay, felt a little impersonal for how quiet it was, but maybe thats just me, coming from a waitress background! Only one fault was that the water was served in metal jugs.. It's not hard to find some nice, cheap glassware, which is easily washed and taken care of! Only tiny tiny things, but overall, we had a lovely lunch and will definitely be back again!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Geneva, Switzerland
“Excellent lunch time service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

You have to try the wings here - fabulous. Burgers were great and very good value. Service was efficient and friendly, and the place was bustling at lunch time. Will definitely return.

• Visited January 2013