“YUM YUM YUM.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cornucopia Restaurant

Cornucopia Restaurant
19/20 Wicklow Street, Dublin 2, Ireland (South City Centre)
01 6777583
Improve this listing
Ranked #131 of 1,995 Restaurants in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Cornucopia is a casual dining wholefood vegetarian restaurant producing fresh, tasty & healthy dishes. Our delicious and varied menu which caters for a variety of tastes and diets- vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, sugar free, coeliac & raw/living; or simply for anyone seeking quality home produced and well crafted food. Our soups, salads, main courses, breads & desserts are made in-house by our skilled chefs. Vegetarian breakfasts, fresh Juices, award winning cookbook, organic wine, fairtrade coffee.
North Vancouver, Canada
“YUM YUM YUM.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Imagine my joy when this great restaurant was 2 blocks from where I was staying in Dublin! Great ambience, incredible food, friendly staff- all this and heaven, too. I went there A LOT!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Excellent Veggie grub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

It was so great to find this little gem in the heart of Dublin. The Veggie food was homemade, delicious and plentiful, all for 10 euro. Brilliant to see veggie food doesnt have to be boring! It was also good to see they had veggie wine options!The only gripe I had was it was self service (Buffet style). But other than this I would definitely be back!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ireland
“Veggie heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Be it solo anytime day or evening or meeting friends, there's always a good vibe and lots of yummy food to choose from: salads, soups, mains with/without salad, delicious cakes and teas - herbal and regular - and coffee. The menus change daily. Even though the blackboard gives you a good overview, the staff is always friendly and will help you make a choice at the hot counter where you get your food first before you sit down. I like the interior a lot, esp. since the renovation and extension, and I've always found a seat when I went in. Also enjoyed the live music that's on some nights of the week. All in all my first port of call for great vegetarian food!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas, Texas
“Vegetarian Delight in Heart of Dublin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Thank god for Cornucopia! I was very nervous about eating in Ireland as it is not really known for veg friendly food. However, I found at least one restaurant in each city I visited or at least a veg friendly option on the menu. Cornucopia is really deliscious and they do not skimp on the portions either. We had enough for lunch and a light dinner back at the hotel later. Try the potato salad if it is available. They add hazelnuts to it and it is divine. I also really liked the cole slaw, though I may have liked being asked if I knew what cole slaw was even more! I ended up having a tasting of coleslaw all across the country. As a girl from Texas, that was heaven.

The interior is a bit cramped but the decor is lovely and the service lovely. You choose your items like at a buffet or cafeteria, then seat yoruself. It can be a bit tricky to get refills on water but otherwise a real delight.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Highland Park, New Jersey
“Great selection - great vegetarian food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We loved it so much, we ate at this restaurant 3 times over the course of our 5 day visit in Dublin. There are many choices each day. We ordered a total of 6 different 'mains' and 12 different side salads, a soup and a dessert - and loved everything!

Visited December 2012