“Excellent food, but finding a table is a challenge.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cornucopia Restaurant

Cornucopia Restaurant
19/20 Wicklow Street, Dublin 2, Ireland (South City Centre)
01 6777583
Improve this listing
Ranked #127 of 1,820 Restaurants in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Cornucopia is a casual dining wholefood vegetarian restaurant producing fresh, tasty & healthy dishes. Our delicious and varied menu which caters for a variety of tastes and diets- vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, sugar free, coeliac & raw/living; or simply for anyone seeking quality home produced and well crafted food. Our soups, salads, main courses, breads & desserts are made in-house by our skilled chefs. Vegetarian breakfasts, fresh Juices, award winning cookbook, organic wine, fairtrade coffee.
Santa Monica, California
“Excellent food, but finding a table is a challenge.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

After eating several 'traditional' Irish meals we were ready for something cholesterol-free. If you have food sensitivities, be warned: the people behind the counter don't inspire much confidence when answering questions about ingredients. "Um, well, there shouldn't be" was about as close to 'no' as I could get. But it I guess they were right, because I survived. I ordered aubergine in a filo dough crust with a side of tamari barley salad and mixed fruit. OMG, it was fantastic. The food quality is superior. My meal was completely vegan (nut-free too) and totally delicious.

Finding a table is a pain. You wander around with your tray of food, hovering over a table until someone leaves. Oh well, I would still eat here everyday if I could.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Devon
“Just because it is veggie and vegan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Rustic and slightly chaotic. Nice idea for lunch: soup, salad and pate with bread. Soups variable when we were there - some good, some not so good, pate so-so, bread so-so, reasonable salads, all served with cheerfulness though perhaps not efficiency!

Good range for non-meat eaters so what more could you ask - it isn't fine dining but it will do.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cornucopia-Dublin, Public Relations Manager at Cornucopia Restaurant, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Hi,

Thanks for the review. It is good to get all different aspects and opinions and we take them all in. Our slightly chaotic environment will hopefully calm down a bit in the new year as we are opening a first floor Georgian dining room which will have another counter and a different more 'evening meal' feeling. Please do check it out then and let us know what you think. Thanks again!
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My boyfriend found this gem of a place when researching for our weekend away. I'm a lifelong veggie whilst he is a meat eater and I think we were both a little concerned about how he'd cope!
Well we needn't have worried, this place is AMAZING! We both found the food delicious (once I finally managed to choose!) and everything was very reasonably priced. We visited on a Saturday night and the atmosphere was great, with the staff being very friendly and attentive.
This is easily the best veggie restaurant I've ever been to and I only wish I lived in Dublin so I could go more often!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent vegetarian breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Tasty, healthy vegetarian food, can be a bit packed at times but better since it was extended. At busy times can be slow. The late opening hours are handy. When in town I either go here or Café Fresh at the top of Powerscourt for veggie fare, prefer Café Fresh for the relaxed atmosphere, much better seating and there are more allergy friendly options but Cornucopia can be handy in the evening when The powerscourt Centre is closed. I really don't like Cornucopia when it's busy and you have to wait ages to be served then squish yourself into a free space.

Visited May 2012
Cornucopia-Dublin, Public Relations Manager at Cornucopia Restaurant, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Hi Ramona,

Thanks for the review. I am really sorry to say that our friend Café Fresh in the Powerscourt Centre has relocated to County Wicklow. We are still down the road on Wicklow Street, Dublin, and do hope to have more space on our first floor for all our welcome customers from December 2012 for functions and from Spring 2013 for daily use. We hope to see you in Spring in a less squished environment!

Thanks, Cornucopia
Dublin, Ireland
“Best breakfast I have had in a long time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I went to Cornucopia last saturday after a workout in the gym. I ordered the full Irish which is a veg sausage, omlette and tomatos and onions. The sausage was so delishious and unique I am wondering are they home made or where did they get them. The omlette was perfect and there was 3 tomotoes halves and grilled with a side of onions. The meal was really filling and was just what I needed post workout. Very tasty also. My fiancee had a bulwheat crepe which was excellent also.
Next I am going to try the lunch as I have been told that the hummus plate is very special indeed.
I cant recommend this place highly for something different that will fill you up. Surroundings are nice and peaceful also which is nice to have in the city.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hi FF,

Those breakfasts are definitely delicious. The no.1 which you had is a favourite of mine if I'm early for a long shift in work. We do actually make the sausages here and they are a secret new recipe crafted by our chefs. If you do want to email us we could send you a break down of whats in them.

Thanks and we hope to see you again for breakfast!