“Anniversary meal ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud

Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud
21 Merrion Street Upper, Dublin D2, Ireland (South City Centre)
(0) 1-676 4192
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Anniversary meal ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2015 NEW

A superb night ,excellent staff detail to attention and quality food -faultless Do not hesitate to go here as you will not be disappointed

“Wonderful ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2015 NEW

Elegant place with great service and awesome food prepared with care and imagination. This place is one of the best restaurants in Dublin .

Perth
“A memorable family dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2015 NEW

We visited RPG to celebrate a family reunion and we were looking for a special venue, wonderful food and great service. We were not disappointed. We had a fantastic evening made very special by PG himself who surprised us by coming out to welcome us as we took our seats.

We liked the menu, which whilst not extensive, had good options for us all and everyone was pleased with their choices. I had the crab followed by the duck which were both good, but the highlight for me was the Assiette of Valrhona. I am not usually so drawn to desserts, but this was outstanding. The dark chocolate tart also got top marks.

We had a very relaxed and enjoyable evening and were very pleased to be able to thank PG personally when he came to bid us farewell.

We are definitely planning to return to The Merrion and will be sure to book ahead for a table at RPG if we do as we only just managed to secure one on this visit!

• Visited April 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cork, Ireland
“Very very good but not great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2015

Visited here for lunch on a friday and was very happy with everything. The service definitely lived up to the 2 star rating it holds. Were very attentive but not at all intrusive. The setting for the lunch was perfect. We were greeted at the door and enjoyed a drink in the lobby where we ordered our food and were called to the table when they were ready to serve.

We went with the 3 course lunch for 50 euro which considering the quality of the restaurant is pretty good value. The Breads and Amuse bouche which we were served just after being seated were fantastic. It was a great selection of classic and inventive breads. The starters were Superb however the main courses, even though they were perfectly cooked were a bit lack lustre. It was very good quality meat and fish served with a scoop of tasty mashed potatoes. The deserts again were spectacular especially the petit fours.

This was a superb lunch from start to finish as was the service and the overall value. I just think it was missing something to make it stand out from the 1 star restaurants in Ireland and did not live up to some of the 2 michelin stars I have visited abroad.

I will deifinitely revisit and sample there dinner menu as the lunch was so close to being great.

• Visited March 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
dublin
“Almost there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2015

The great ones:
Food was FANTASTIC. Once you put it (starter, main or dessert) into your mouth and the tounge taste it, it was MAGIC. You enjoy it much. really.
The presentation was amazing.
The wine which we chose based on the waiter suggestion was beyond Fantastic. I love it! well, of course, it's not cheap. But I think quality is the key.
The waiters were helpful.

The not so great ones:
Reservation' email:
I think they need to put one and only one who pay attention to this. After 3 times try to get a reservation, we got lucky, finally, we could taste their food. But because the communication was handle not only by one person, we almost ended up to the wrong dinner time. It was sorted out. But still, I thought this is a 2 michelin stars restaurant, it supposed to be smooth from the beginning. Even this one was just minor. still...

Small room vs many waiters:
I just think this is a special restaurant. I wanna feel, I am not being watched too much. I wanted to enjoy it perfectly. They were behind our back (we sat in the middle row), but for reason, I just knew they were there. In a way, it is a good thing though. You know that they are there and ready to serve you. It's just the combination of small room and many waiters... and sound from the floor of old building, it's not fit one to another.

I am not too picky, but again, it is a special restaurant. The expectation for this restaurant is also 'special' than the expectation from other restaurants.

Well, regardless, we will come again. Maybe next time I won't put too much attention to the size of the room or the activities of the waiters. :)

Thank you.