“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud

Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud
21 Merrion Street Upper, Dublin D2, Ireland (South City Centre)
(0) 1-676 4192
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had a wonderful experience. The food, the service, the atmosphere; all perfect. Additionally, the staff and Patrick himself, made the evening warm and special.

2 Thank pac0450

Sydney
“Number 1 choice in Dublin for special occasion dining - impeccable service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Have eaten in the main restaurant previously but recently returned for family birthday dinner. We were a group of 12 in the private dining room and the dinner was fabulous. Little bit of messing on email leading up to the night, with one staff member telling me that the private room seats 30 or 40 and that 12 might not be enough (when clearly 12 is the perfect number for this room). Bit strange but on with the evening itself. Predinner drinks on the lovely terrace before being led to private dining. Excellent wine suggestions from the sommelier within the medium price bracket we had indicated.

Our group went the full monty and had starter/fish/main/dessert. Food was classical french and beuatifully presented. Even though the portions seem small, you are perfectly full after the 3 hours! Service was flawless all evening - easily 3 star standard (which can be a let down in many Irish "fine dining" establishments). The older generation loved the appearance of Patrick himself and the meal's end - in true French tradition. Cigars and brandy on the terrace rounded off a memorable evening.

Sure, it is not cheap by contemporary Dublin standards but I do not think it is overpriced (though watch the wine!). If you are looking for a special occasion restaurant, look no further.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Irish2002
Dublin, Ireland
“True 5 star”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I have always been a little cautious about Michelin stars and have been burnt before. On this occasion a celebratory lunch for 4 proved a class act. There is a two course lunch for 90 and three course for 105. That sounds ouch but with amuse bouche, breads, pre dessert and petit fours and with the quality of the food its the total package and for me worth evey penny. The wine list is fabulous and I am saving for a return trip as soon as I can pick the right thing to celebrate.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank daithm
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nite to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We booked this restaurant with an eye to completing a 16 day journey with only premium hotels and restaurants along the way. From almost the first minute having cocktails on the veranda in a parisian ambience to every last drop of food our party of six could not have been happier. We were greeted by Stephan one of the managers who made us feel wanted in a most wonderful way. The staff could not have been more attentive and interested in insuring your every wish come true. We ordered the chefs tasting menu and were treated with John Drury, incredible lamb saddle and a variety of appetizers and deserts each more wonderful than the next. The only question we had was why it wasnt rated at the highest Michelin scale.
Hats off to this gem... Price was mildly steep but very reasonable for a world class restaurant.

New York City, New York
“Memorable experience, which makes my first visit to Dublin even more special.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

At Patrick Guilbaud you get only the best. My initial concern when booking this restaurants was that me and my mom would end up starving, as places like that are notorious for their small portion size. True, but besides the main dishes that you order there come a lot of small extras, that start to pile up and eventually you feel like you might go into a food coma. I kid you not. There was an amazing cheese puddingy little dish, plus eclairs with melting cheese filling, which were divine and the breads were challenging the imagination.

From the menu there are several options based on how hungry you are. We opted for Appetizer- Meat-Dessert. I picked the Blue lobster ravioli, Lacquered Challans Duck and for dessert I asked them to surprise me, so I ended up with the Coeur de guanaja. My partner in crime, my mom, chose the chevice of scallops, if I'm not mistaken, for main the Poached and Roast Squab Pigeon, for dessert Gariguette Strawberry Parfait. Everything was spot on, I particularly loved the Caramelised Duck Salad that came with my main. By the way you can watch that Duck dish being prepared on youtube,

The desserts were out of this world, and they kept coming as there were so many extras with what you order. We also had a really amazing tea, that I only regret I didn't write the name of, so I could get some at home. Oh, well I guess I have to go back, hehe.

The service was also spot on, with so much attention and even management came by several times to check on us. Empty plates people, duh, and big smiles that tell it all

But yea, with all of this you're probably wondering what was not to our taste. Well, my biggest complain, and no fault of the restaurant, was the folks that go there. Most of them are stiff suits that lack manners and don't even know how to properly handle a fork and knife. It's quite distracting when you watch a woman making a mess of her stylishly presented dish. Not to mention say a simple thank you. Also the decor could use a little amping up.

Other than that, we seriously couldn't stop smiling all night long and we felt like roayalties. Cheers!

1 Thank Maria T