“So fantastic!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud

Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud
21 Merrion Street Upper, Dublin D2, Ireland (South City Centre)
(0) 1-676 4192
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Houston, Texas
“So fantastic!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Yes, it is expensive. The food and the service are world class and make memories for a lifetime, though. We still tell stories about it. If you're staying at The Merrion, but sure to eat here.

Visited April 2013

“Sublime lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We visited for lunch, fully expecting to go a la carte, but switched when we saw the lunch menu. Better value will be hard to find, at 60 euros for 3 courses and each choice of course (3 for each course) delectable. Each course quite superb, very fresh ingredients, immaculately presented. Pea soup with tortellini the best I have had period. A very wide ranging wine list, somewhat pricy, but reasonable value is still present. A quite sublime experience

Visited May 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Fine dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

RPG has always been my favorite place for many years. Every time we visited Dublin, a visit to RPG is a must to do thing. We have never been disappointed with the experience, food and the fine service provided. The lunch menu is definitely a real great value for money. We had lobster bisque to start with and my oh my, it was divine! This was followed by the duck for mains which I loved and was struggling to finish the meal with the lime soufflé. We then sat outside for cigars and armanac and it was definitely another visit to remember.

Visited May 2013
Ottawa
“Best meal of our lives - a night to remember forever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My spouse and I decided to splurge for our honeymoon and try Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud. We have eaten at Michelin star restaurants before and found them poor value, but it was anything but the case here.

We were early but greeted with great courtesy and ordered some fine champagne to wait. I wanted to do the Appetiser+Fish/Meat for €90, since I really wanted to try the blue lobster ravioli and John Dory dishes. However, my spouse convinced me to try the 4 Course Degustation Menu for the same price - a wonderful decision! Both the dishes I had wanted were included, plus many other small items! Our dishes included:

A delicious assortment of breads were offered throughout the service, my favourite being the bacon and onion loaf.

1) Delicate cheese puff pastries
2) Prawn bites with jelly
3) Blue lobster ravioli (full course)
4) John Dory (full course)
5) Lacquered duck (full course)
6) Varied chocolate truffles tray with passion fruit
7) Valrhona cake with bourbon vanilla ice cream (full course)
8) Valrhona truffles

As an added treat, Mr. Guilbaud himself came by the table to introduce himself and discuss our impressions. We truthfully told him it was the best meal of our lives and better than the top restaurants of the many countries we had visited. We would return again for such an amazing experience.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Madrid, Spain
“Try others before this one”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Looking for the best restaurant in Dublin, we tried this one, which was also backed by the Michelin Guide.

Poor service (extremely and unjustified slow) and too noisy environment.
Good quality food, very French, but nothing to shout about, and far from justifying the price: silly expensive.
Definitely, try other restaurants in Dublin before this one.

• Visited May 2013