“The worst” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 89 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
dallas
“The worst”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I booked an apartment for a month stay and had nothing but problems. The customer service was awful. We met about 8 different people throughout our stay, most of which did not even knock or let us know who they were and just walked into our apartment. Even though the apartment itself was nice, the important part is how the employees respond to any issues we had. These people had no idea how to do this. On separate occasions we had issues with false promises. We went a day without hot water and were told someone would come by to fix it, no one came. After 15 phone calls to the office we finally got in touch with someone but I still had to fix the hot water myself. Our plumbing also did not work at times. The maids took our towels without replacing them (one towel allotted a week). Just too many issues to name, I would never recommend this company to anyone EVER! Stay away.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
dublincityapartments, Owner at Dublin City Apartments, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Just read your nasty review,surprised and disappointed in your responses.
You know the apartment block was just opened and there was issues at beginning with water which need plumber access.
I done my best to help you and your colleague and offer excellant value for money.
Hope your studies work out for you.

Johnny

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Booked 3 bedroom 3 bathroom apartment at Spencer Dock corporate apartments.
Apartment was only 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom.
See further details in my review of Spencer Dock.
Don't trust Johnny Drake or Dublin City Apartments.

Stayed July 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

People don't stay at bachelors walk appts it is tiny false advertisement on der website they said there wud b a double bed and set of bunkbeds instead just 2 sets of bunkbeds squashed into one small room! Tv didn't work thank god we had brought our labtop with us! Bars on windows felt trapped inside but I now no why der was bars on windows because we had a lovely view of an alley way with heorin addicts stickn needles in their arms behind de bins was actuall horrifying to see! And stayed there 2 nights n seen it happen with diff people behind the bins same thing! Did not feel one bit safe here! Told man at reception bt he sd nuthing he can do wouldn't give us Any money back! Do not stay here people!

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your email and concern with review.We are aware of some negative reviews and are currently working on how to resolve and make it clearer to the customer how are operation works.
We have two sides to our business,we operate,own and manage 40% of the properties on the website,however we also allow other 3rd party apartment operators to use our site to rent their stock,we in turn take a commission from any transaction,like Bookings.com

This is were the issue has arising,there has been negative issues with a particular apartment operator and people feel that this property is managed by ourselves.This is were some of the reviews have come from.
However there was recent review from Australian couple who booked a three bedroom but received a two bedroom plus loft,this was genuine mistake and was heavy discounted which he failure to mention.
I also feel people, especially Americans guests, that think short-let apartments have the same services as hotels which is not the case.

I hope I have explained clearly
Bucharest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We booked the apartment to celebrate NY in Dublin. The location and price were what drew us to these apartments.

The apartment COULD be very good, however it was not cleaned well at all. One of the toilets was broken and flooded the bathroom, the washing machine had old water that had been sitting in it for goodness knows how long ( it SMELLED TERRIBLE), the microwave still had old food dried to the glass plate and the fridge was dirty .. we basically did not want to use the kitchen at all.

On the plus side - the bedding was clean and the rooms were comfortable. The location was perfect for walking into the city center, and the woman behind the desk in the Kingfisher reception was super friendly and helpful.

They should employ good cleaners - that would make a world of difference. I probably would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask to see the place first and if it's not clean - either ask for a discount, for a different pl...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Derry, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I booked an appartment in this complex only to be told on arrival in Dublin that the appartment was not available. We had wandered around in the rain looking for the appartments and couldn't get through on the phone to them at first. When we did I couldn't believe what I was hearing. No appartment. They arranged through a different company, an appartment in an area of Dublin that I was not happy with, but I felt I had no choice but to accept. On arriving there the lift was broken and had to go up three flights of stairs with luggage, which was not easy, as I suffer from arthritis. I wouldn't recommend doing business with this company, as they don't seem to have a clue what they are doing and very poor customer service. Our trip to Dublin for a concert, which was a birthday present for my husband, was totaly ruined by this whole experience.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

We rented this unit, we were advised it had a double bed in the bedroom and a bunk bed in the livingroom. We were looking forward to the granite counter top, new appliances and the new washer and dryer. We arrived at the apartment to be assaulted by the smell of sewage..to find 2 bunk beds in the small bedroom...no double bed in sight and a kitchen right out of the 50s. We turned around and checked out immediately. I have never experienced such lies in advertising before and to add insult to injury they are refusing to refund my deposit. My advise.keep walking folks and find a company with integrity!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

I booked a two bedroom apartment for my family, when we were staying in Dublin.
We checked in at their office in Parnell Street, the apartment wasn't ready so we at were able to leave our luggage, park our car and were tolded that the apartment would be ready after 2 pm. When we got our apartment it was clean and comfortable everything we needed was there, the apartment was located in the city centre so it was ideal for getting to the attractions and sight seeing.
I would recommend these apartments because of the location and the price was very reasonable, Eur99 for 4 of us per day.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Dublin City Apartments? Share your experiences!