“Wedding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin
“Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Attended a wedding yesterday in Louis Fitzgerald Hotel. Gorgeous hotel, very welcoming staff, lovely reception on arrival, food fantastic, function room great and staff couldn't have been more helpful. Great day. Highly recommended.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

we stayed in the Louis Fitzgerald Hotel while attending a concert in Dublin..great location & option of Luas to 02 or tranfers offered by the hotel were also a great idea...loved Breakfast the staff couldn't be helpful & the hot and cold buffet was plentyful and fresh...definetly recommend this hotel if you dont need to be city centre!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I was looking forward to staying here as I heard a lot of good and from there site the rooms seemed nice cosy and the idea they had movie channels and real size cups and kettle was a bonus!! On arrival the Receptionest wasn't very plesent, then as we got into our room we found the room was quite small, the cups were tiny and we only in fact had the basic channels. I did ring reception to ask if they had bigger cups and was told no not even the restaurant had big cups. This should be moved from their site, also our tv had red lines trew it and the back of our remote was missing. We also wanted a late check out only to find they change a crazy amount of €15 per extra hour which is ridiculous!! We will not be back

• Stayed March 2013
Naas, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Louis Fitzgerald on a number of occasions and I was always very happy.
Sure the setting is not the most charming, but it's easy to get to, has free parking and you can walk to the Luas if you need to go to the city centre.
The hotel itself is very nice, I just love all the Knuttle paintings in the lobby!
The rooms are simple but well equipped, clean and comfortable. And always excellent value!
I never had food but the bar staff is really friendly and it's nice to stop for a drink.
In general the staff is very pleasant and helpful.
I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

From the minute i approached reception, i knew by the helpfulness and professionslism that i was onto a winner. That extra mile i would call it.

The room was very clean, comfortably appointed with lovely fluffy towels and crisp bed linen.
Lovely strong shower and emaculate bathroom.

My Friends and i had dinner in the bar - steaks and beautiful mash. The food was really good and the service was excellent.The stakk couldn't do enough for us.

We were talking afterwards about how long it had beed since we experienced such a high level of cheerful and professional hospitality. It was a lovely experience. Well done to all staff and thank you for a wonderfull stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

me and my partner stayed here for 2 nights (12.3.2013-14.3.2013) and was very pleased by the standard of care and professionalism we received. We stayed here to see dublin, so we wasn't here all day but if we ever asked for anything, the staff were very friendly and more than happy to help.
the tram and bus (both a 10 minute walk around the corner) were easy to use once you knew where they were..
the air hopper provides transport to and from the airport into clondalkin (bus stop around the corner) for 6 euros one way which was handy!
Dublin overall is expensive, but because the people were so nice, and we were kept busy by all of the museums (and the guinness factory) the trip overall was very enjoyable.
The hotel is very professional looking, so i thought it suited business rather than a couples retreat, however we would not hesistate in going back, as the hotel was very clean and provided everything we needed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed here on the 8th and 9th of March. At first it looked like a very nice hotel, modern and clean. At breakfast the breakfast staff were very helpful, the chef was very friendly and the food was nice. However, on the saturday evening while we were out having dinner, the (what I assume was the manager or bar manager) went into our room and confiscated our alcohol. He did this to a lot of the rooms we had booked, just going in and taking all of the drink. The drink at the bar was very expensive, so people obviously went back to their rooms and had a drink there, and went back down to the function room. We were not breaking any law consuming alcohol of our own in the room because the security would not let us in or out with drink, and as our room is technically "our residence", we were perfectly within reason to consume it there. After the manager had essentially trespassed into our rooms and taken our drink (theft), we then found that all of our room keys had been deactivated. I could not enter my room which I found most inconvenient when I went back to get my inhaler, which I could not get. I don't even need to explain how unacceptable this was. The bar staff in fairness were generally nice and polite, and the next day the breakfast staff, again, were very helpful and pleasant! During the friday night the fire alarm also went off twice, which didn't really help aid my sleep either. I think the LF has been let down by who I assume is the manager, by going into my room while I wasn't there, taking something of mine, later claiming he was allowed to do, and then locking me out of my room. I work in a hotel and I can assure you if I did this in work I would be fired. I look forward to hearing a response from the hotel to see what their explanation is on this.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Louis Fitzgerald Hotel? Share your experiences!