“loved the hotel, very modern, clean and professional.” 4 of 5 stars

Louis Fitzgerald Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Newlands Cross, Naas Road, Dublin 22, Ireland   |
Ranked #73 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Norwich, United Kingdom
“loved the hotel, very modern, clean and professional.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

me and my partner stayed here for 2 nights (12.3.2013-14.3.2013) and was very pleased by the standard of care and professionalism we received. We stayed here to see dublin, so we wasn't here all day but if we ever asked for anything, the staff were very friendly and more than happy to help.
the tram and bus (both a 10 minute walk around the corner) were easy to use once you knew where they were..
the air hopper provides transport to and from the airport into clondalkin (bus stop around the corner) for 6 euros one way which was handy!
Dublin overall is expensive, but because the people were so nice, and we were kept busy by all of the museums (and the guinness factory) the trip overall was very enjoyable.
The hotel is very professional looking, so i thought it suited business rather than a couples retreat, however we would not hesistate in going back, as the hotel was very clean and provided everything we needed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed here on the 8th and 9th of March. At first it looked like a very nice hotel, modern and clean. At breakfast the breakfast staff were very helpful, the chef was very friendly and the food was nice. However, on the saturday evening while we were out having dinner, the (what I assume was the manager or bar manager) went into our room and confiscated our alcohol. He did this to a lot of the rooms we had booked, just going in and taking all of the drink. The drink at the bar was very expensive, so people obviously went back to their rooms and had a drink there, and went back down to the function room. We were not breaking any law consuming alcohol of our own in the room because the security would not let us in or out with drink, and as our room is technically "our residence", we were perfectly within reason to consume it there. After the manager had essentially trespassed into our rooms and taken our drink (theft), we then found that all of our room keys had been deactivated. I could not enter my room which I found most inconvenient when I went back to get my inhaler, which I could not get. I don't even need to explain how unacceptable this was. The bar staff in fairness were generally nice and polite, and the next day the breakfast staff, again, were very helpful and pleasant! During the friday night the fire alarm also went off twice, which didn't really help aid my sleep either. I think the LF has been let down by who I assume is the manager, by going into my room while I wasn't there, taking something of mine, later claiming he was allowed to do, and then locking me out of my room. I work in a hotel and I can assure you if I did this in work I would be fired. I look forward to hearing a response from the hotel to see what their explanation is on this.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Arrive at the so called 4 star hotel expecting a delux non smoking room. The reality was a small boring basic room with smell of stale smoke and ashtrays!!! Dirty curtains and dirty bed throw..... So glad we only booked for 1 night ;( had an evening in the city and returned to a locked up carpark at around 11.30pm!! If I thought I was staying at a 2 star hotel i wouldn't grumble - but to think this hotel was awarded 4 star compared to most other 4 stars around the city beggars belief!

• Stayed March 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The rooms are good and the values not bad, but its all down hill after that. Falseere fire alarms, staff were rude and unhelpful. The hotel management also decided to lock us out of our room and check our names off a list every time we wanted to accesslour room. Awful, and that's not even mentioning the bar prices.

• Stayed March 2013
CustomerReply, Manager at Louis Fitzgerald Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear RWLtravel,

Thank you for your recent review of The Louis Fitzgerald Hotel.
I am disappointed in your comments and will outline my findings.

Beverage Prices expensive: We at the Fitzgerald Group continually review our pricing structure to ensure we are competitively priced with our local competitors. I am happy to stand over our pricing.

Bar staff rude: this is not something that has been highlighted before, as I think you will find the one over riding expression of guests is that the “staff are very good”, however I will ensure a customer care refresher course is rolled out. This is something we work very hard on and invest quite a lot of resources to.

Guests being locked out of rooms: This is certainly not standard, however when we believe that in the interest of others guests this needs to happen it does. This can be due to complaints from other residents due to number of guests in rooms, parties etc. This would also need to be done to ensure guests safety and security. As in the event of a fire we need to be assured who is actually in our bedrooms.

Checked at the Lift to access rooms: Again this is to ensure previous concerns raised by other guests are not allowed escalate.

ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed here as a return guest with my husband and childen last week and really enjoyed the break. The ambience at Louis Fitzgerald Hotel is very laid back and relaxed and the decor is cool and chic. We had a good sized family room and there was ample room for our gang, a large double bed and two single beds - perfect! Plenty of complimentary toiletries and fresh snow-white towels in the bathroom. Dinner in Joels restaurant was a great treat for the kids, especially our teenage son who was very impressed with the booth style seating - very New York. Food was good and service was excellent. Breakfast the next morning was lovely, lots of fresh baked pastries and a good buffet. I left some jewellery in the hotel room on checking out and Lara the accommodation manageress could not have done any more to help with finding it, contacting me and posting it on to me with express post . I have to say that she really went the extra mile for me and with that in mind and with all of the above in mind I will definately be making a return visit to Louis Fitzgerald Hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a conference. Good hotel, staff were very helpful and accommodating. Nice rooms apart from the ridge in the middle of the bed. Very good conference hotel. If your planning on visiting Dublin this hotel is too far out of the city, however they do run a shuttle at certain times of the day to the station to get into town

• Stayed February 2013
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Normally I don't give bad reviews, but this one has to be said. Booked on the day getting a great deal for an overnight stay. Was supposed to be a relaxing start to the week. When we arrived, we requested a non-smoking room, which we got, unfortunatley the previous guests didn't abide by this rule. Disappointed that housekeeping didn't pick up on the odour and at least open window or fabreeze the drapes.
Had a nice meal in the Joels restaurant outside.
During the night, the fire alarm sounded, and our floor began to evacuate. There were families and people in wheelchairs. When we got outside to the front of hotel we found we were the only ones outside apart from 3 staff smoking. Asked at reception what was going on and was told it was a false alarm. We were then told my pregnant wife had to walk back up the stairs as the lift was out of action due to alarm. Very disappointed with staff response, even if it wasn't real, we could have had people come up to floor to tell us, not be smoking outside.

Room Tip: We got a room out the back it seemed, but there are factories there, and it seems there was someone...