“Good value and handy to Luas light rail” 4 of 5 stars

Louis Fitzgerald Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Newlands Cross, Naas Road, Dublin 22, Ireland   |
Ranked #71 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Brisbane, Australia
“Good value and handy to Luas light rail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I selected the Hotel as it was very close to the Luas light rail that took us straight into the centre of Dublin. The hotel was also easy to get to from the airport and we were able to head to other parts of Ireland by car as the hotel is located on the western side of Dublin. The hotel was clean with rooms being a good size and the restaurant was very reasonable. There were local shops nearby if we needed any general items. The reason we selected the hotel was it was not in the centre of Dublin but the Luas provided easy access at a reasonable price. Travelling to and from dublin city centre allowed us to see a bit of dublin itself and the dubliners were very supportive and provided advice on what to see and which stops to get on and off at. I would certainly use the hotel Again and would recommend others to have a look and consider it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
CustomerReply, Manager at Louis Fitzgerald Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and for recommending us to others.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Louis Fitzgerald Hotel and that you found that staff friendly and helpful, we believe in hospitality at the hotel and we strive to ensure that our staff make the difference. I’m glad you found us very accessible and that our location suited your needs. I’m also very pleased to hear that were able to make use of our proximity to the Luas while you enjoyed Dublin.

I’m very happy to you enjoyed your meal with us and that you found us good value for money overall.

I note that you are from Australia and hope that if you are ever on this side of the world again, we can welcome you here to the Louis Fitzgerald Hotel to stay.

Kind Regards,

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011 via mobile

I stayed there for one night on the 24th August. The hotel has a nice lobby and is certainly modern with a crisp style. However the room quite warm and the view from the window was a piece of machinery above one of their conference rooms, which constantly hummed. As I was sharing the room with a friend, I had requested 2 beds which was provided in the form of a double and a singe. I lost the coin toss and got the single. I have stayed in many four and five star hotels around the world and the last time I slept in a single was in a basic hostel. Also the bathroom had poor ventilation as there was mold growing on the ceiling. The Luas is also a bit of a walk down a busy motorway. Overall ok, with a decent price and free parking, but by no means a four star.

• Stayed August 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and for your feeback

Your comments and feedback are very much appreciated and we here at the Louis Fitzgerald Hotel will take them on board and try to rectify them where we can.

I have discussed your comments about the bathroom and hum from the air conditioning units with the Room Division Team and we will be determined to ensure that the bathroom is better ventilated and the air conditioning units examined to see if the hum can be stopped.

As a hotel, we can only improve and rectify where we are not meeting expectation by customer feedback and yours is much appreciated.

Kind regards and thanks,

Cork
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Good location- easy to find, free parking- ten minute walk to the luas in to town. Decor was modern. breakfast really expensive! next door to good restuarant Joels. Midweek there is a shuttle bus to the luas stop- but not at weekend :-(. Overall Good value for money- nothing mind blowing but clean, convienent and friendly

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Kilkenny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

We went for a weekend to Dublin, we are a family of two adults and two chldren and this hotel was lovely and clean, friendly staff, and the buffet breakfast was a delight. It is a ten minute walk to the luas train line, which takes you into dublin city. Very enjoyable and will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Aine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review.

I’m delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us here at the Louis Fitzgerald Hotel and that we met your met your expectations. I’m also glad to see that you were able to make good use of our location in relation to the Luas and that you were able to avail of our free car parking for guests. Thank you for your compliment about breakfast.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel again very soon.

Kind regards & many thanks,

Wrexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

the rooms are excellant and the service of the staff was absolutely brilliant. we would recomend it to any one. the food was excellant.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and for the compliment.

I am very happy to see that as a hotel, we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed our friendly service, high standards and good food.

Your recommendation means a lot and thank you very much for it.

I see that you are from Wrexham in the UK so I hope next time you are in Ireland, you will let us look after you again at the Louis Fitzgerald Hotel.

Kind regards & best wishes,

Limerick
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. First night there was a wedding and we could hear every word the band was singing in our room. To be fair we were moved to another room But this room was missing curtains so kids up a 6am with the sun beaming into room.

• Stayed June 2011
CustomerReply, General Manager at Louis Fitzgerald Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and for your feedback.

I am very disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us here at the Louis Fitzgerald Hotel. As a hotel, we try to deal with issues, if they arise, for guests and I am glad to see that our team did try to accommodate you by moving you to an alternative room.

I would hope that, if you have accommodation needs in the Dublin area in the future, you would give us another opportunity to show you that we are better than the experience you had.

Kind Regards,

Roscommon, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011 via mobile

We stayed here for one night as we were going to a show in Dublin city. It was handy location for us as we had the car but I would advise staying somewhere else if you are using public transport and are going to the city centre a good bit. We ordered breakfast in bed and the food was lovely, service on time and friendly. We found the staff very helpful and extremely nice. My husband dropped his pint by accident and the glass smashed and obviously his drink was a gonner! They were really nice, made no fuss and replaced it for free, even tho it was not their fault. I thought that was very nice. The room was lovely. I thought it was a wee bit on the small side but comfy and nicely decorated. We would def stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and for the kind words.

I am very happy to see that our staff and team exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed our friendly service, high standards and good food including our breakfast.

I hope we have the chance to have you stay with us here at the Louis Fitzgerald Hotel again soon.

Kind regards & best wishes,

Deputy General Manager

Been to Louis Fitzgerald Hotel? Share your experiences!