“Great Welcome” 5 of 5 stars

Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #6 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
“Great Welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I was very welcomed and well looked after by staff that went out of their way to look after me. I got an upgrade without asking for it and I totally enjoyed the service from arrival to checking out. The breakfast is excellent buffet experience.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Francois_Royal, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Hi Birgitta Henrie,
Thank you for placing a review on TripAdvisor website.
I am thrilled to hear that you stay was perfect here at the Radisson Blu Royal. I will not miss to share your feedback with the entire staffs.
Please join us on Facebook and/or Twitter and stay in touch with us...
Kindest Regards, Francois

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My 60th birtrhday will allways be remembered for the stay at the Radison Blu, Dublin in April 2014. An unexpected upgrade to Business Class was followed by excellent service and exceptional quality of the food

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Carol & John,
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
We are really please that your Birthday Anniversary had been a success in our Radisson Blu Hotel.
I will share your comment with the entire team here at the Royal.
With Kindest Regards
Francois
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I wrote a review two years ago, giving the hotel a nearly perfect score. I should have throttled my opinion back a bit, because it's even better now than last time.

(I visit Dublin every year on business. I stay for 10 days to two weeks. I've brought my wife and two grown daughters over, individually, to visit for long weekends now and then. So it's both a business and get-away destination for them and me.)

What's better? A lot, actually.

Most noticeable is the service. It just doesn't get much better than this. Although there have been a few personnel changes, pretty much the same staff has been here for quite a few years. The degree of teamwork they've built is fantastic, and noticeable. It contributes to guests feeling like they are truly being looked after.

I understand both their restaurant and lounge have won "best hotel dining" awards this year. That's not surprising. The food is fresh, plentiful, reasonably priced, and absolutely delicious. They've changed the menu this year and it offers more choices and flexibility for ordering what and how much you choose to eat.

Some of little things are better as well. Wifi has been upgraded improving connection quality and eliminating multiple log ins as you move from room to lounge to lobby to restaurant. For a business person, that's important.

I didn't mention that it's one of the quietest city center hotels I've ever stayed in. That's important to me.

I've travelled all over the world. 28 countries last count. And stayed in a lot of fine hotels. I can say that this is, for me, is the one in which I'm most comfortable. For me, that's golden. In Dublin, I can't imagine ever wanting to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you can spring the extra money for Business Class, it's worth it. Robes, Nespresso machine, q...
Hi David,
Thank you for returning here at the Radisson Blu Royal in Dublin since our Opening back in Summer 2007.
It is always a pleasure to receive your feedback. We all hope that on your next visit, your family will be able to join us. Please feel free to pass by the front office desk at anytime until your departure if you require anything.
With Kindest Regards, Francois
St. Helier, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

This hotel, once found, just off South Great George's Street was imposing. A nice 4* (probably 4* plus) very close to Temple Bar, but just far enough away to be avoid the noise and crowds, which were about 5 minutes walk away

The modern bar, on this Friday night, was packed with office workers and gave a great vibe to the place, pity about the rainy day though (it is Dublin). As they do Tapas meals, I thought this was a great idea, especially Friday's to offset some of the drink

I received my room key very quickly and the lift shot me up to a very well laid out room, everything you needed was there and felt very comfortably at home within minutes

I explored the area on foot with everything really being within just a few minutes walk away

I did not take breakfast at the hotel, but appeared very appetising (I did look in)

The only thing I think the hotel has wrong, is they only use a rooftop area, which has it's own bar, for private venues. As it probably has one of the highest viewpoints in the city with great views I would have thought they would have been creating a special VIP bar, or cocktail bar up there, open to general public or members. The only downside the capacity limit was 50

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Francois_Royal, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear GaryCI,
Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. Feedback from a Senior Contributor is really important for us.
You mentioned that our Super Buffet Breakfast "appeared very appetizing", I will highly recommend you to try it on your next visit in Dublin, it's a delight!
Thank you again for your review. Awaiting for a future trip in Ireland, follow us on Facebook/Twitter and keep in touch with the Radisson Blu Royal in Dublin.
Kindest regards, Francois
Armagh,N.I.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed here for one night at Easter and found the hotel to be excellent. Adam on check-in was very pleasant, helpful and efficient. We had interconnecting rooms which were very clean, roomy and considerately stocked with everything you would need to feel comforatable eg nice toiletries, coffee machine/tea facilities, extra pillows etc. We called the one touch service for housekeeping who arrived at the door within a few minutes and were very pleasant and helpful. The four of us had a comfortable sleep and then all found the breakfast to be great - great staff again who cleared dishes away very quickly and who saw very quickly that I needed help with the toaster ( it wasn't hard- it was just me !) The breakfast room was nice to sit in and the food was tasty and plentiful.Heading out, the front desk were very good with information, directions and giving us helpful maps. The hotel took us a couple of goes to get to as it is on a side street but we got there (we don't have sat nav - just check out your map carefully if you don't either).It has car parking underneath which cost 10 euros for an overnight stay which was fine as we could leave the car there on day of departure as well so that we could sightsee so this was good value, I think. It is about 5-10 minutes walk to Grafton Street so is within walking distance of most sights. Thanks to everyone at the hotel for a lovely holiday.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
HI Grangers,
I am really please to read your review here on TripAdvisor. We are trilled to hear that your all family enjoyed the stay in Dublin. I will share your comment with Adam and the entire team here at the Radisson Blu Royal.
Do not hesitate to follow us on Facebook & Twitter and see our latest news and offers.
With Kindest Regards, Francois
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We recently spent three nights in Dublin and couldn't have chosen a better hotel. Location was central, within easy walking distance of the city centre and very close to stops 11 and 12, (St Patricks), on the red 'Hop on, Hop off' bus route. Rooms were very stylish with plenty of room, large, comfortable bed, separate seating area and a good sized bathroom with big bath and shower.
Previous reviews mention:
1) Bad beds and pillows - I would say they were perfect for me, it's down to personal taste after all
2)Incorrect room temperature - our room had an air conditioning/heating control which was very easy to operate
All staff were friendly and courteous and the 'one touch' phone service was very efficient. I'm sure if we had encountered any problems, they would have been rectified immediately. Room service was delicious and we also had a complimentary dish of fresh strawberries, cookies and muffins on our first day - a lovely touch.
We would definitely stay here again and have no hesitation in recommending the Radisson Blu, Golden Lane, Dublin to anyone.

Room Tip: Our room on the 5th floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear K R,
Thank you for your recent review here on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Dublin. All your future recommendations are really welcome. We are glad the our One Touch Service concept make your stay as easy as possible. This is our aim here at the Radisson Blu Royal, Dublin.
Please follow us on Facebook and/or twitter and stay in touch with the Royal!
Cheers, Francois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

we held our dads 80 th birthday here. service and food were wonderful. Staff couldn't do enough for dad and made his night very special. rooms are spacious and comfortable. breakfast is a feast. very luxurious feel to hotel

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Radisson B, Sales & Marketing Executive at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear colohare,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience of your Dad's 80th Birthday party.

We are so thrilled that the event went off without a hitch. Glad you enjoyed the Super Buffet Breakfast too.

We hope to see you and your family back in the Hotel soon for the next celebration.

Thanks again,

Michelle Ebbs
Sales & Marketing Executive
michelle.ebbs@radissonblu.com

Been to Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin? Share your experiences!