“Blink and you'll miss it.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Kingswood Hotel Citywest

You added Kingswood Hotel Citywest to your Saves list
Kingswood Hotel Citywest
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kingswood Village, Nass Road, Dublin 22, Ireland (Formerly Maldron Hotel Citywest)   |
Ranked #88 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Blink and you'll miss it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hotel can only be described as pokey. I thought it would be good value but the inclusve food deal let it down. I nearly passed it by but my wife spotted the sign which was nearly buried in the bushes, Getting access into the hotel was like trying to get into fort knox. The foyer/lobby was miniscule and claustrophobic. On the way to the room in the corridor was I could see where a wall had come of second best to a housemaid's trolley also there was a.large hole in the ceiling.The room was okay but as my favourite tv channel is channel 4 it just did'nt make my day as it was not available. The worst was the inclusive meal and the restaurant was outside of the hotel itself and accessed by an uncovered courtyard and of course it rained and it was quite cold. The booking confirmation said I would have an enjoyable dinner. There was no table de hote menu just an A la carte which definitely did not include a joint dish. The waiter said we could have food to the value of €22.50 and it could be either a main course with a starter or dessert and anything extra would have to be paid for. I had soup and ordered a battered cod and what I recieved was a heart attack on a plate. Full of grease and tasteless. So as far as I was concerned the the food element was a disaster. I have stayed in other Maldron hotel's and this was the worst food experience yet. Needless to say I wont be back.

Room Tip: Alway's use tripadvisor as a tool to ascertain whether the review's are good or bad and go w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Niamh F, General Manager at Kingswood Hotel Citywest, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Des Q,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor.

I am disappointed to see you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our guest feedback is really important to us here, as it helps us to constantly review at our standards and procedures.

With regard to your inclusive meal experience in the Grill Room bar, please accept my apologies. The bar and restaurant is operated separately from the hotel, however we do work together to endeavour to meet our guest expectations.
Clearly on this occasion we failed to do so.

I can assure you action will be taken to ensure another guest does not have a similar experience in the future.

If you would like to discuss the issues outlined in your review please do not hesitate to contact me direct on nfitzpatrick@maldronhotels.com.

Regards,

Niamh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Kelso, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Like previous reviews couldn;t believe food arrangements. We arrived at hotel on Monday night as part of an organised tour to be told that we had to go across courtyard for dinner. Choice od two starters chicken soup or caesar salad followed by chicken or fish and profiteroles or tea and coffee. Poor choice - fish not pleasant amny people unhappy on our tour. Coffee appalling cool, full of coffee grounds and luke warm!!! and I don't think that coffee counts as a choice of sweet?
Wine full of sediment and when my husband complained was told it was they all they had in a dismissive tone and at 5 75 euros a glass i would have have expected more.
Our room was ok except that the toilet door was completely off its rollers so couldn't be closed at all fortunately we only stayed one night - I did report this at time.Only stay here if you really have to!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Susan S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. I am disapointed to see you did not enjoy your stay with us.

I spoke with your tour leader on the morning of your departure regarding the issues you encountered during dinner the evening before. I hope details of the conversation were relayed back to you.

With regard to the maintenance issue in your room please accept my apologies for this. I do believe a room move was offered on the night.
I can confirm the door is now fixed.

If you would like to contact me direct to discuss your stay please do not hesitate to do so, my email is nfitzpatrick@maldronhotels.com.

If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

Regards,

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed here recently on a Sunday evening as I was visiting a friend in hospital in Dublin. When I finally arrived at the hotel at about 8pm I was starving as I hadn't eaten all day, and I looking forward to a nice relaxing meal and an early night. I couldn't believe it when the receptionist said that the bar and grill next door had stopped serving food and that they didn't have a restaurant. What is a hotel without the facilities to feed their guests?! Having said that the Maldron at City West is a nice clean comfortable little hotel and great value, but be warned if you are planning a stay make sure take a packed lunch!

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you have eaten first!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Niamh F, General Manager at Kingswood Hotel Citywest, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Noreen S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. I am disapointed to see that the closing time of bar food on Sunday evening impacted your stay in a negative manner.

I have followed up with the management team in Kingswood Country House and relayed your feedback to them and they have agreed to operate food until 9pm going forward on Sunday evening's to facilitate our guest's needs.

The bar and restaurant on site at the hotel is independently operated, however we do work together to endeavour to meet all our guest's expectations.

In the hotel we also operate a snack menu available until 3am each day offering a selection of pizza, panini's, pies etc.

Thank you once again for taking the time to tell us about your stay, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Niamh.
Kilkenny, Kilkenny, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

stayed in the hotel Sunday night, arrived early and was able to check in which was great. staff were lovely and helpful. would stay here again. the only thing was when we got back and got pizza at hotel it was abit pricey. other than that it was a lovely hotel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Niamh F, General Manager at Kingswood Hotel Citywest, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Cathriona S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to see that overall you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact us direct if we can be of any assistance.

Cork
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

On a recent trip to a family funeral in Dublin we booked into the Maldron Citywest. It was a convenient location which determined our decision to stay there. We had requested two double rooms near elevator and reception, these were ready for us after a short wait. After a long day we returned to the hotel. We weren't overly hungry as we had a meal earlier on in the day but we would have welcomed a sandwich. Herein lies the problem, there is no restaurant in the hotel, one on the site but only does dinners (last orders 8.00pm), not sandwiches. The snack bar in the hotel closed at three. We did not want to order a takeaway and the paninis were not suitable for my elderly parents. Lucky for us we had a packet of biscuits in the car :( That had to do, it was too much trouble for any of the hotel staff to make a sandwich.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Niamh F, General Manager at Kingswood Hotel Citywest, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear Karen B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. I am disappointed to see you did not enjoy your stay with us.

We do operate a snack menu from 12pm to 3am every day, however we always endeavour to cater to any special requests where possible for our guests. I am sorry to see you did not have this experience on your recent stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies that your request for sandwiches was not taken care of by our team here, I assure you I will be following up with them to ensure another guest does not have a similar experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact me direct if I can be of any assistance.

Kells, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We used a discount voucher so did not have super-high expectations and were very pleasantly surprised. The rooms were large, well-laid out, quiet and very clean. There was also a decent view of a courtyard garden. The reception staff was especially helpful and nice. The included breakfast was acceptable, not great but the coffee/tea/espresso/cappuccino machine was a nice treat. There is underground parking but you need to get a token from the front desk to exit....a bit of a problem at 4:45 a.m. as the person on duty was asleep! The location was convenient to Dublin and being right on the M50 meant a quick trip to the city center, the airport and also to the south.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
galway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

difficult to find at night due to poor signage passed it out twice very frustrating! clean and comfortable apart from the maid banging about out side the door despite the do not disturb sign and late checkout we had in place. breakfast was average ok for passing through night porter very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Kingswood Hotel Citywest? Share your experiences!