“Could be better than average - not this time though” 3 of 5 stars

Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #30 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Could be better than average - not this time though”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Costs the same by cab (about 20 Euros) to get here as it did to reach the Hilton that pitches itself as the airport hotel. Area is better and hotel nicer. Saying that, I was greeted by two hooded, 'yoofs', sprawled across the chairs outside the front door, swearing and smoking as their bikes lay on the ground by their feet, charming......

Check in was swift. Room was a decent size, a bit noisy. Clean and tidy.

Convenient location for meeting colleagues early the next day - traffic light at 7am.

I would stay there again, but would like to get a rate of 80 to 110 euros max.

Room Tip: I had to use ear plugs as the road outside was noisy, so ask for a room not facing the main road for...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jennifer D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Kilmainham, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Seven22
Thank you for leaving such a lovely review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel so comfortable and convenient during your stay. Please accept my apologies for an inconvenience on arrival at the hotel. I will of course pass your feedback to the duty manager.
We would be delighted to welcome you back on your return to Dublin and please do not hesitate to let me know should you require anything in the meantime.
Kind regards Jennifer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Turkish first
Coimbatore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed in hotel for 3 nights. Apr 9th to 12th i was staying in hotel. The stay was really good. It was a good hospitality from all the people in hotel. Delicious dinner and breakfast. overall Excellent service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jennifer D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Kilmainham, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Keerthi K
Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave such a wonderful review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I was also delighted to see you got to enjoy the restaurant for dinner, our new menus have gone down a treat.
Thank you again for your lovely feedback, we look forward to welcoming you again on your return to Ireland.
Kind regards
Jennifer
Belfast, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I booked a valentine weekend here for my anniversairy. we arrived and the staff were so helpful but stightly understaffed. The room was fab as I paid extra for a superior room for a treat. we booked a meal and were going to head to temple bar. the restaurant was packed and very understaffed for the amount of people eating. The meal was just alright but the people beside us sent theirs back. My husband ordered salmon but half way through said it was a slimy texture and left it. we didnt get our paid for desert as the restaurant was so busy and we had waited so long on our first course. We went out to the front bar and ordered a drink but my husband had to leave and go to the room. He was very ill and we could not go anywhere that night. when I complained I got an offer of a free meal! no thanks! I really wanted the night we missed back. I feel that the Hilton didnt take responsability and wanted a doctors report on a sunday! They left me feeling unhappy and I wont book with them again.

Room Tip: dont book a meal!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear regina m

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor.
Firstly, thank you kindly for your lovely comments regarding the hotel and your room.

I was sorry to see your husband did not enjoy his meal with us. It is customary in a restaurant upon a complaint that a doctors certificate is obtained from the guest. I apologise if the reason for this was not explained to you on check out. I would be happy to discuss your experience further with you. I can be contacted on Jennifer.dalton01@hilton.com.

Norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Another relaxing stay at the Kilmainham Hilton hotel in Dublin. Staff are always friendly and welcoming. This was my 6th stay at the hotel and as always a pleasure. This hotel is well situated for both Pheonix Park (Dublin Zoo) and the City centre via the city tram system which is only a 10 min walk away. Coupled with this the historical Kilmainham Gaol directly opposite the hotel. I will be returning next year.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear ploody50

Thank you for your kind words on Tripadvisor. I am delighted you chose to stay with us again and got to experience all the area has to offer. It really is a testament to the team and our location when guests like yourself return year on year.

We look forward to welcoming you next year.

Cumbria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed at this Hotel whilst on a short break to Dublin and from the moment we arrived the staff were extremely helpful. Seeing that we had been traveling from early that day they arranged for our room to be available almost on arrival and we were so grateful I would highly recommend the Dublin Tour Bus Tickets as this Hotel is on the main route which means you can travel easily into the center of Dublin. We ate in the hotel on the first night and although the restaurant was quiet the service was excellent and the food plentiful. Breakfast each morning was without fault and we wanted for nothing. Thank you again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jennifer D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Kilmainham, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear GC0809
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see you enjoyed both your stays with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding the front desk team’s helpfulness, I will be sure to pass the feedback to the team.
Thank you for mentioning our close proximity to the hop on hop off bus, we really are very lucky to have it on our doorsteps. I am delighted to see you enjoyed all our amenities within the hotel including the restaurant.
We would be delighted to welcome you both back to the hotel on your next visit to Dublin
Kind regards
Jennifer
Athlone, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Had great one night stay including breakfast and dinner only issue during our stay was the limited dinner menu but we had booked a special offer package. Other diners were given a menu with a more extensive choice. However would recommend the hotel for a Dublin stay hop on hop off bus stops outside the door of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Bucks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Just returned from a great long weekend in Dublin. We stayed at the Hilton in Kilmainham and it was excellent in all respects. The cleanliness throughout, the quality of the food, both breakfast and dinner and especially the staff. From the moment you arrive, until the moment you leave, everyone is so friendly and obliging. From those on reception, through to all those working in the restaurant and kitchen and the cleaning staff, there is a great sense of quiet competence and professionalism and all done with a smile. We arrived on an early flight so went to the Hilton for breakfast and when we had finished our room was ready which was great. The choice available at breakfast has to be one of the best I've seen in any hotel and the quality of our evening meals was superb. We were celebrating an anniversary and special thanks must go to Paige and her colleagues on reception for the lovely little surprise that awaited us on return from our day out. Location is good too, stop 15 on the Hop on Hop off bus is just outside (recommend using the Green Bus Tour) and you can get anywhere easily with the two day ticket, or you have other buses and tram close by. All in all a great place to stay and thanks to all. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Several front rooms on higher floors have balconies.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Dublin Kilmainham? Share your experiences!