“Disappointing!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 177 hotels in Dublin
Galway, Ireland
“Disappointing!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for a night in this hotel and we were disappointed in the food (terrible) and the overall standard in the hotel. Standards in Irish hotels are normally much better than Europe and we picked the Hilton because of its name and the fact it had a pool- the pool was tiny!... And with the poor quality of food we would have been better off at a cheaper hotel- of which there are many!
Would we return? No, thanks!

• Stayed January 2012

961 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Just returned back from what i can only describe as an fantastic weekend. On arrival to our hotel i found the member of staff exceptionally helpful and polite. Our room was available straight away,bearing in mind we arrived at 9am and room wouldn't usually be available until 3pm. Everything within our stay was superb. All staff were very polite and friendly,room was very clean. The hotel is very quiet at night so a good night sleep will be experienced...especially as the bed is so comfy. We stayed at this hotel through Travelzoo,In my opnion money spent on this trip was worth every penny....I would definitely recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Due to our traveling plan, we have chosen this hotel as it is close to Heuston Station. By close, I mean you need a cab to get from Heuston Station to hotel, walking there is pretty far by Asian standard.

Let's start from the check in, it was prompt and the staff on duty, Tanja, was excellent and for the next few days, she has won me over with her great service.

Coming to the room, it was nice with a good view as I was given a room on the top floor. The spacious room was well done up and the only complain I had was the bath room which has a standing shower which is quite badly done up which means every time you shower, the whole floor gets wet!! However credit has to be given for making it handicapped friendly.

The hydrotherapy pool is another bonus factor of the hotel which makes it though almost impossible to swim but makes it real realxed after a day of sightseeing.

Breakfast was good as well though it can get bored after eating the same food for a few days.

Generally, the service level of the staff is one of the main reason that makes the hotel stood up and is highly recommended.

Location wise, it is only 5 mins drive to Heuston Station and about 10-15 mins by car to City which will cost you about Euro 15 or less.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Just stayed here for business this week. Upon arrival I've been given one of the deluxe rooms with balcony, I didn't complain for sure, especially because I was paying a special business rate (or so I thought).
My rate also included the internet.
And this is where the good bit ends:
- the internet was so slow it was almost unusable most of the time, and simply going upstairs would disconnect it and you'd have to re-enter the connection details 5-6 times a day.
- the food was substandard both for breakfast and dinner, compared to any other Hilton I've been at.
- Even if I'm gold member I've only been given a bottle of water on the first day
- The minibar was completely empty for the entire duration of my stay
- The cleaners would fold up damp towels and leave them in the bathroom, no chance for them to dry up
- One night the smoke alarm went off in the entire hotel about 7 times, 2 of which after 23, which almost gave me a heart attack, while I was sleeping
- To finish it off, when checking out, the bill was for a standard rate which was about £150 higher than what I had booked, so I had to prove the rate I had agreed by showing my reservation emails etc. really embarrassing indeed.

Needless to say that I won't be back here, ever. Really poor show for the Hilton chain, especially when you'd expect a certain degree of consistency amongst their hotels. The Charlemont place one is 10 times better in terms of service and food.

Room Tip: Upgrade to deluxe room with balcony if you can afford it, it's really nice.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Booked 1 room for 1 night with breakfast. Location good but not cental. On the nice day it's a pleasure to walk from the hotel to city centre. Very good breakfast. Nice pool. Very comfortable beds. High standards.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

This was booked as a business trip for my husband and I. First impressions, hotel reception staff very welcoming and informative. Beautiful modern hotel, welcoming, spotlessly clean. We ate in the bar and the food was very reaonably priced as were the drinks. Special thanks go to Gary, he had a badge saying trainee. His attitude was exceptional. Very helpful, friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

Spa was very nice, again as were the staff in there. Nice equipped gym also.

Hotel is only a ten minute bus ride into the centre, we caught the no 13 bus, just a very short walk to the bus stop into the main town. We also ate at the Italian just across the road from the hotel which was very nice. Traditional Italian, home cooked food.

All in all I can definitely recommend this hotel, Dublin has so many friendly people. Cannot wait to go back and it will certainly be to this hotel. Best Hilton we have stayed in.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 140, end of corridor, very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Normally we would stay closer to the centre of town, but on our recent trip to Ireland chose to stay here because we had to travel west and back by train so needed to be close to Heuston Station (15 minutes walk). In fact the location is OK for the city too because the bus stop is close by and you can walk to Temple Bar in about 40 minutes. The hotel is a typical modern Hilton so expect the rooms to be immaculate. One gripe though: we arrived at around 11 pm so headed for the bar for a bite to eat, only to be told that no more food is served after 10.30! Not even a packet of peanuts! Now had we gone up to our room we could have ordered what we wanted from the 24-hour room service menu, but in the bar? No way Paddy. How Irish can you get? Get your finger out Hilton, improve your catering options!

Room Tip: Watch out for very hot water in the shower
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Dublin Kilmainham? Share your experiences!