“Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aspect Hotel Dublin Parkwest

You added Aspect Hotel Dublin Parkwest to your Saves list
Aspect Hotel Dublin Parkwest
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Parkwest Business Campus | Nangor Road, Dublin Dublin 12, Ireland (Formerly Days Hotel Dublin Park West)   |
Ranked #85 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Wangaratta, Australia
“Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights recently and found the room comfortable and clean. Unfortunately, because we found the room overly hot, we opened the window to allow for a better sleep and were woken up at 3.30am by a group of tourists waiting for their coach right under our window. We learned quickly to keep the window shut.
Another problem was with the wireless- in the evenings there was no access at all. According to reception, when there are too many hotel guests, the internet cannot cope.
We used the Red Cow Park and Ride to get into town - not far to drive to from the hotel and we left the car there all day and got the tram into the city.
Overall, it was a reasonably priced hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Niamh H, Manager at Aspect Hotel Dublin Parkwest, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Firstly thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel, we really do appreciate the feedback. I would like to start by sincerely apologising for any issues you experienced whilst in our hospitality. I appreciate that you were not expecting a group to be checking out of the hotel at 3.30am, this is however very usual for the hotel for a group to leave this early. When a group leaves this early the coach is waiting for them so the level of noise would be kept to a minimum, I do apologise on this occasion that you were disturbed when you opened the window. We do provide free wi-fi to all guests in the hotel and on this particular evening we had a group of students that were all using the internet at the same time, unfortunately it was completely beyond our control and apologise if you were unable to access the internet and appreciate your frustration. We are located in a business district, however the Bus/Train & Luas lines are on our doorstep and it only take 12 minutes to reach Heuston station in the city Centre so it’s convenient for access to town. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hospitality in the not too distant. Again thank you for passing on all of your valuable feedback, all of which is being used to further improve the property and overall guest experience. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly for any future bookings

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Wexford Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel beginning of April. Very basic, clean and good value for money. The bedroom itself was big. The bathroom was functional. We ate in Rubens in the evening and this was again reasonable value but not brilliant. We asked for the wine list and it was quite expensive and not very expansive. We chose an Argentinian wine which turned out to be Italian - typo on the menu. They changed it with absolutely no fuss.

The hotel has ample car parking, which is free and is situated fairly close to the M50. It was easy to book and the receptionist was very pleasant. Would definitely use again.

One suggestion would be to up their game where the wine is concerned. The list is short, expensive and not great. They deal with a lot of tours and would do much better with a higher quality wine list.

All in all a find and as long as there are not too many trains running it would be okay. If the trains bother you ask for a room on the other side of the hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Niamh H, Manager at Aspect Hotel Dublin Parkwest, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Firstly thank you so much for taking the time to write to me, I really do appreciate the feedback. Please accept my apologies regarding the wine list call and sincere thanks for the feedback as it is only with such valuable feedback from our guests that we are allowed the opportunity to review our standards and levels of service. I can assure you that I have taken all points you raised and I have taken learning from them. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distance future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

having stayed here for nearly 4 months 4 nights a week i find the staff to really go out of their way to be accommodating also the guys in the reataurant are super so a big thanks to karl- danny & brendan they make it a lot easier when you are working away from home.cheers lads !!!

• Stayed March 2014
Many thanks for your comments, I was delighted to hear you are enjoying your stay and appreciate your comments. We here at Aspect Hotel pride ourselves in customer service and I am glad we meet with your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel every week.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Dublin was our first stop on a 10 day trip to Ireland. We arrived at the hotel very tired around 10 a.m. They were very accomodating and got us right into a room for a little nap before starting our vacation. The hotel is FAR from City Centre but there is a bus stop for the 79A bus which goes into Dublin right across the street. The bus come regularly but since this is like the last bus stop it takes 45 minutes to get to Heuston Station cause it makes like 25 stops. The train station is an easy 3 minute walk from the hotel and runs like every 1/2-1 hour. It is very fast into Heuston Station about 10 minutes. The front desk has printed schedules of both the bus and train. There is a stop for the Dublin Hop On/Off bus at Heuston station so it makes life very easy. The room was clean and large. Beds were fine. Only a shower in the bathroom. Breakfast in the restaurant is OK....plenty to eat but like any hotel more expensive than elsewhere. We ate Dinner in hotel which was really good w/ excellent service. Fish and Chips was about 13 euro. Overall, really enjoyed this hotel. Would recommend it especially if you have a car because parking in Dublin appeared non-existent.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Many Thanks for taking the time to place your comments on tripadvisor following your stay with us. I was absolutely thrilled as were all of the staff here to have received such a positive review and I do appreciate you taking the time to do this. We are located in the business district; however the Bus, Luas & Train stations are all on our doorste. The quickest way to the city centre as you mentioned in your review is by train which is located 2 minutes walk from the hotel. This will take you in to Heuston in 12 minutes. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hospitality in the not too distant future.

Salisbury, Wiltshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

The Aspect is located on the outskirts of the city centre and has good bus routes into the city. It is functional and comfortable but if you want more than that it is not for you. We had a room only deal and paid 8 euros for the buffet breakfast. It's 10 euros if you don't pre book.
The room had a comfortable bed and adequate wardrobe space. TV was almost antique! Bathroom was well laid out with a good shower. We did ask for a non smoking room but were allocated a smoking one which was disappointing.
Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Niamh H, Manager at Aspect Hotel Dublin Parkwest, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Many thanks for your comments, I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments. We here at Aspect Hotel pride ourselves in customer service and I am glad on this occasion we met with your expectations. Normally bookings for smoking & non-smoking would be requested in advance and blocked, however I would like to apologise on this occasion that you were not allocated a non-smoking room. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in the not to distance future

Limerick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

My trips to Dublin are by car along the M7 so I often stay in hotel along this route but for whatever reason had ignored the Aspect Hotel until this week. But because of the roadworks at Newlands Cross I decided on this occasion that I wanted to be on the city centre side of the M50 on this occasion. And because I wanted to get to Heuston, by car, in the morning, the Aspect Hotel looked right, on the map at least.

And it turned out to be right in most other ways as well, I have to say. My first impression of customer service was excellent with the eastern European gentleman at the desk proving very efficient and pleasant. The ground floor is a large open area with no real separation between reception, the bar and the restaurant. Some might not like that but it made the hotel feel a little livelier to me, than it might otherwise be.

I took the lift to the top floor and my room at the far off corner on the road side. This was 'in compliance' with a request I had made on my booking going by the tips here on Tripadvisor. And it worked a treat - I don't think I heard footsteps outside or above me (obviously) all night.

Which meant I should have got a great night's sleep, except for a single caveat. As I find with most hotels my room was simply too warm. And because the duvet was quite heavy I found it very difficult to sleep. I looked for a lighter blanket in the wardrobe but couldn't find one.

That's one quibble though and I don't want to end this review on a down note because it was excellent overall. Other positives - great wifi (even in the farthest off corner), good decor and ambiance in the room, excellent shower (although no bath) and great service again in the restaurant. All staff seem to be really well trained - I must have been asked a half dozen times if everything was okay with my evening meal, which was a top notch chicken curry.

Room Tip: I took the advice of previous tips on Tripadvisor and requested a top floor room as far away from th...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to place your comments on trip adviser following your stay with us.I was delighted to have received such a positive review on the staff and I do appreciate you taking the time to do this. I do hope that we will have an opportunity to service your hotel requirements again and with that in mind I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.
starsky365
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I was a little worried with this one as I'd never heard of it before and it was cheap but what a great find!! The price is great, facilities are on par with a holiday inn express but with a decent restaurant. The staff were all great and it was lovely that the guy that checked me in welcomed me to breakfast by name and remembered my room number. I enjoyed chatting with the guy running the bar over a few pints of the black stuff and he went to the trouble of having a laugh with everyone whilst the footy was on.
I was there on business away from home so it makes such a difference to be made to feel so welcome. I'll definitely be back!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Lillyhogan, Manager at Aspect Hotel Dublin Parkwest, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to place your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us. I was pleased to have received such a positive review on the staff and I do appreciate you taking the time to do this. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not to distance future.

Sales Manager

Been to Aspect Hotel Dublin Parkwest? Share your experiences!