“Very, very good!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aspect Hotel Dublin Parkwest

Bookmark
You added Aspect Hotel Dublin Parkwest to your Saves list
Aspect Hotel Dublin Parkwest
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Parkwest Business Campus | Nangor Road, Dublin Dublin 12, Ireland (Formerly Days Hotel Dublin Park West)   |
Ranked #86 of 175 Hotels in Dublin
Bayreuth, Germany
“Very, very good!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was in a bad situation in Dublin, I had just moved to Dublin, and I didn't find any place to rent. The solution was to stay in some hotel until to find something. After travelling by car from Germany to Dublin we are so tired and without place to sleep, all hotel in the city were full. I couldn't book any. I had went to Park west only to view an apartment, and the agent was later, my husband went to see the hotel. There was just 1 room, and the price was very good. The first night we stayed there. Well, when I got in I could see how the hotel was clean. I am really very exigent with this.The rooms were excellent and big, shower, bed, TV. You had breakfast in the room, because the room was clean and had Water boiler, some coffee and tee, ok inside of room there is one 2 tables, one small one, perfect to have your breakfast and so one.
Second night after one hard day, and without any hotel in the city, fortunately we back there and had one last room again, and cheaper than night before and IBIS. Third night we back from wiclow just to stay there, We called from there and the reception Thomas (excellent, very nice), told, sorry but we have only 1 smoking room, but stayed there. I can say the rooms are really clean. I hate smoking but there wasn't smelling, and much better than other no smoking room of other hotels.
Ok, At the end we slept there for 5 nights. Why is not it excellent? Because take some minutes to city center, but if you are by car, is perfect. There are many buses and train. The parking is free. The hotel look like 4 stars with cleaning of 5 stars.

Room Tip: I slept in 5 different rooms all are perfects.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Would give it a 5 for value if it included breakfast in their rates. Personnel was extremely friendly and helpful. Good transportation between hotel and downtown. Will go back if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed September 2013
AndreaWallace, Operations Manager at Aspect Hotel Dublin Parkwest, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Baspascual

Thank you so much for taking the time to place your comments on trip advisor following your stay with us. I was absolutely thrilled as were all of the staff here to have received such a positive review and I do appreciate you taking the time to do this. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hospitality in the not too distant future.

Aziz Joudar

Operations Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Ive stayed in this hotel for a few months now and i can only say what a friendly bunch of people who would do anything for u with a smile. In particular two men Brendan and Danny who serve at the restaurant and bar and ate usually run off there feet but always still made me laugh every night i was at the bar or restaurant. Its this two men made my stay a pleasurable and enjoyable stay. I wish to thank this men and look forward to stay there again

• Stayed August 2013
AndreaWallace, Operations manager at Aspect Hotel Dublin Parkwest, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Minty 8679

Aziz Joudar

Operations Manager
Dublin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Spent the night at the Aspect Hotel Sunday gone. It was an experience. We had a late check inn 9pm, & I requested food. A sandwich or something light at the desk. I was directed to the restaurant staff,who were still serving hot food at the time, & the attitude indicated that this was a problem. I was in turn redirected to the barman, who was, apparently, the restaurant manager. I made my case to him, stating that I`d had a 2 1/2 hour drive behind me & there wasn`t a problem as far as he was concerned. But still I could feel the underlying attitude among the waiting staff. The sandwich arrived & was much appreciated, but the tea was a while coming. I then tried to order a pint & a G&T from the bar. Despite the fact that I was second in line at same, I waited 15 patiently for 15 mins to do so. The female behind the bar was of eastern European extraction, & obviously had difficulties with her job. As she tried to serve the lady before me, there were a couple of phone calls to & from the kitchen. I observed this bar person slam the phone down in anger on a few occasions in response to the kitchen staff, it was clear to me what was going on. The room was adequate, bed & pillows comfortable. But the bathroom was a wheelchair access type, not my favourite type. The following morning we went to breakfast at 0920. Breakfast finished at 0930 , & were we let know it. The staff were only short of rude,offered no assistance to us in any way, shape or form. We were left to fend for ourselves. Locating tea etc was problematic. It was self service, however the choice on the full Irish was limited, as many of the trays were empty. I managed some scrambled egg, beans, bacon & toast. Removing the fat on the bacon was a workout in itself. In the heel of the hunt I saw enough to say, I won`t be returning. Nor would I recommend a stay here, unless you enjoy being insulted by staff. A harsh, but deserved judgement.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

stayed here in august 2013 for one night as we were staying fairly local , receptionist wasn't over friendly but she was pleasant . hotel is clean and thats the most important thing really . rooms were large and spotless ,bed was so comfortable and tv had more channels than some other expensive hotels we have stayed in . overall we were happy enough.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Its a decent hotel. Bit rough around the edges. Definitely 3 star. The rooms are pretty big, the bathroom is fine (shower, no bath) with good water pressure. The only real 'issue' is it is MILES away from town.
The restaurant is ok, not brilliant, and if you order down you need to go fetch it yourself.
As a few other people have said, the staff are pretty abrupt, not outright rude though.

We didnt have a car so had to use the public transport. The bus and rail stations are less than 50m from the hotel. We got a train twice which took about 12 minutes and was about €2.2 and the rest of the time we took a bus to Heuston (same place as the train) and took about 30-45 minutes. Just painful.

Kolwezi, Democratic Republic of the Congo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I'm a big fan of this hotel. I stay here once every two months.

The rates are always very good and you should expect what you pay for.

The hotel is located right beside park west train station, so a ten minute train journey brings you straight into Heuston Station for less than three euro.

The rooms are always clean and modern.

The showers are fantastic.

The rooms don't have aircon so you are sometimes forced to leave the windows open all night which can be a nuisance with traffic noise.

The TV channels selection is only okay.

All in all, for a budget hotel, it does exactly what it aims to do.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Aspect Hotel Dublin Parkwest? Share your experiences!