“Good Value and Nice Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Metro Hotel Dublin Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Santry Cross, Ballymun Road, Dublin 11, Ireland   |
Ranked #103 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Cork
“Good Value and Nice Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed here with my wife as it is basically across the road from IKEA. Pre -booked and requested a smoking room, if possible, for my wife. Arrived and checked in, very efficient and nice receptionist. Got parking outside the door for €4 - excellent. Room on the top floor, and would you believe it - not only was it a smoking room - they also gave us a suite. Brilliant. Dinner was included and it was excellent. Dining and bar staff were outstanding. They were cleaning the bar from top to bottom. Had a good nights sleep. Very comfortable bed, warm rooms. The hot breakfast the following day was rubbish, definitely not the same chef. Sorry, but that's the truth. Check out was fine. The hotel is a business hotel, ideal for the airport as it provides a shuttle bus. The location is on the southbound lane of the M50. The hotel and room were spotless. The corridors were being painted when I was there. I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark W, General Manager at Metro Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review, we really appreciate your kind words. Thank you for complimenting our staff and services. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your upgrade to a suite!

We hope to have a chance to welcome you back for another great stay with us! If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Mark Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Nuenen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Very convenient for Dublin airport, room very clean and comfortable. Had an issue which was extremely well managed by Kati Grunberg who was professional and responsive and gives me every confidence to return in the near future.
This is an airport hotel and does the job very well. If you want the city, stay in the city.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Mark W, General Manager at Metro Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our rooms clean and comfortable.\

Please rest assured I will pass on your kind comments to Kati. I am glad to hear the issue you experienced was resolved and dealt with very well.

I sincerely hope we will have a chance to welcome you back at the Metro Hotel in the very near future. Please feel free to contact me anytime if I can be of your assistance.

Kildare, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Comfortable clean hotel, with friendly helpful staff.
Great for airport with regular airport bus door to door what more could you want.
Good breakfast with best scrambled eggs ever!!!!!!!!
Hotel was undergoing some refurbishment eg painting rooms new beds etc, but I was not inconvenienced by this work
I would certainly stay here again-good value for money

Room Tip: i had upgrade to suite with separate kitchen with usual facilities ideal for families
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mary,

Thank for your positive feedback, it is very much appreciated.

I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay in one of our spacious suites! I am very glad to hear you found the hotel good value, location convenient and scrambled eggs the best ever. Thank you also for acknowledging our staff for their helpfulness. We take pride in providing excellent customer service and I am delighted that you noticed that.

I sincerely hope we will have a chance to welcome you back at the Metro Hotel. Please feel free to contact me anytime if I can be of your assistance.

Longview, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Staff was friendly. But hotel was in a bad location and not as convenient to the airport as I hope for. It is stuck out in the middle of nowhere with nothing close . Knowing what I know now about Dublin I would stayed in town and used Airlink. And had better last night in Dublin. The Room was clean but dated built during the boom to serve business that are no longer there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your review. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am sorry that the location was not to your satisfaction. Thankfully, bus service to the city centre is very frequent, offering easy access to all Dublin's main attractions.

Thank you for acknowledging our staff for their friendliness and I am glad they all looked after you well.

General Manage
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is a nice hotel close to the airport with good value. We stayed here as 3 after returning from a flight, we were checked in very quick. Our rooms were nice plenty of space and a comfortable bed we all had a great nights sleep. Parking outside the hotel is limited but there is an underground located just up the road. Nice hotel value for money and I would stay here again I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Mairead,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am to hear you had a good night's sleep and found the value excellent.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon for another good stay with us and once again, thank you for your feedback, it is highly appreciated.

General Manager.
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Not a bad hotel but could be a lot better. The breakfast was great with a big selection but the food in the resturant was hit and miss. I found the bed comfortable but did move very easily, the main road outside was very busy so could be noisy. Staff were lovely and very friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave us your feedback. It's needless to say that we are delighted to see you found the breakfast great.

I am sorry to hear you were not entirely happy with the quality of food in the restaurant. I am delighted to inform you that we are in the process of developing a new menu and hopefully it will be more to your satisfaction.

Thank you also for acknowledging our staff for their friendliness and I am glad they all looked after you very well. We take pride in providing excellent customer service and I am so delighted that you noticed that.

We are looking forward to hopefully welcoming you back soon for another stay with us and once again, thank you for your feedback, it is highly appreciated.

Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way out of Dublin - NOT what it looks like in the marketing pictures online. Not overly clean and certainly didn't smell non-smoking. The bar/restaurant had terrible service and not great food. It took us quite some time just to get someone to take a drink order.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ryan and Katie,

We really appreciate your feedback and we are grateful for highlighting areas which you feel need improvement. Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting our guest's needs. It's needless to say I am very disappointed we did not meet your expectations.

I am sorry to hear you didn't find the rooms clean and had to experience smoking smell. May I also apologize for the service you received in the bar & restaurant. Please rest assured this issue will be looked into in further detail, as it is certainly not the usual standard we provide.

I sincerely hope you will give us a second chance and we will have a chance to welcome you back at the Metro Hotel. Please feel free to contact me anytime if I can be of your assistance.

Mark Williams

Been to Metro Hotel Dublin Airport? Share your experiences!