“Excellent value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #99 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Galway, Ireland
“Excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Every time I fly from Dublin I stay here, excellent value for mone. Always happy to help and food is lovely. Will continue to stay here whenever I fly from dublin. One of very few hotels left with smoking rooms avaliable

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
CiaranGM, General Manager at Bewley's Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your recent review.
We look forward to welcoming you back to see us in the future
Ciaran O Donovan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed on 15th Jan 2014 before an early flight to New York. Hotel bus picked us up at Airport promptly and had us at the hotel in 10 mins. Quick check in. Room was spacious with 2 double beds. Everything you needed for a 1 night stay. Needs a little attention in certain areas ( chips on enamel in sink and bath and carpets grubby). Unpleasant smell in room ( seemed to be air- conditioning ). The lobby is huge but no problem getting a comfortable seat with table and a bite to eat. Bus pick up in the morning on time. Pleasant stay in a big busy hotel. Good value for money.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your recent review.
All your valued feedback has been taken on board.
Rome, Lazio, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I've been here few times, always because I had to pick up an early flight from the Dublin Airport.
This hotel is always crowded with people traveling in and out Dublin Airport.
Huge lobby with a Bar, plenty of tables and people sitting drinking beers and having finger food. The check-in/check-out process is fast and there is a free bus to the airport, the rooms are average, as well the bathroom, but warm (useful especially in the winter).
There is NO ROOM SERVICE, upsetting when you travel alone and you just want to have a quick dinner before crashing into bed.
Usually I avoid the Bewley's, there are better and fancier hotels closer to the airport for about the same price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valued feedback.We appreciate your
custom and look forward to welcoming you back to see
us in the future
Newtownards, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Stayed here using the stay and park package as I had an early morning flight. (I think it's my fourth visit). The bar area is always bustling and I wonder if they shouldn't have a little less marble as it can be quite noisy, but in a way this is part of its charm. The rooms are clean and despite being close to a motorway and airport not to mention the aforementioned rather noisy bar area - very quiet. Coming from the North the hotel is incredibly easy to get to (just off the M1 - M50 Junction). The food in the restaurant is always excellent and served speedily. Check-in is very efficient, and I have never had to wait long for a shuttle bus at either Dublin Airport or the Hotel. It takes a lot of stress out of visiting a busy airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
CiaranGM, General Manager at Bewley's Hotel Dublin Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your recent review.We value your custom
and look forward to welcoming you back to see us in the future
Ciaran o Donovan
Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Traveling for over a week, flight home delayed. Arrived too late (0100h) and too tired to drive long-distance home in bad weather. Decided to stay at an airport hotel. Chose this hotel because Bewley's is a familiar name. Stayed at the Radisson on the way out because of an early morning flight, but that hotel is in a totally different league from this one. The gentleman at the reception desk was pleasant but obviously did not really know what to do. He struggled with the computer to check me in (and even admitted this to me), took my credit card for payment but told me that he had to take full payment off it (it's customary to do this at check out) and that I had to give him a cash security deposit of €100! I told him that all hotels have the facilities to authorise a security deposit off the credit card and that when final payment is made the deposit automatically expires after a day or two. He told me he couldn't do this but instead took my passport as security! He admitted to me that he had received a stern warning for making a mess of a previous check in-obviously a poor employee and should not be working at a front desk. I have never had this happen before in all my very frequent travels around the world. I asked for a quiet room because there was quite a party going on in the lobby and I needed sleep. He gave me a 'family' room in what he called a 'quiet area'. The room was average, the carpeting and entire room needed refurbishing. The sink had 2 large chips in the porcelain and the shower head was rusty. There was no tea/coffee/kettle which I would consider basic facilities in any hotel room. The TV was a bulky old tube type TV. Got to bed at about 0245h only to be awakened at 0315h by a massive commotion with shouting, swearing and fighting between several people in rooms on that floor. I called the reception and was told that the police had been called in. This settled down after an hour. As I was dressed and about to leave the room at 1150h, I had a knock at the door and a stern-looking lady who didn't introduce herself and told me in poor English that "you leave room at 12"! Again, something I would expect from Red Neck Motel, not a hotel like this. I was checked out by a very pleasant lady named Ciara. I told her about my complaints which she duly took down on a piece of paper and said she would pass it on to management. She also apologised and told me that she was surprised at the substandard night staff and told me that everything should have been done on my credit card like every other hotel in the world. In the meantime I asked for my passport back and she had no idea that it had been taken (I would have expected that a note would have been made on the computer against my name and room number). It took another gentleman a bit of time to find it. I told her that the manager would only throw the complaint away but she offered to have him speak to me which I did. Firstly the manager was dressed in only a shirt and tie compared to the reception staff who were dressed well in suits! Is that hotel policy that your manager dresses down but your reception staff dress well? Secondly, I offered my hand out and introduced myself fully but he just took it and gave me his first name (Brian). Not a pleasant demeanour either which I would have expected from a manager-poor EQ. I repeated my complaints and also told him that I accept that hotels may not be able to control bad guests but that action should be swift and firm in situations such as last night. Instead of just apologising for the poor service, he became rather aggressive (I did not raise my voice or use any aggressive language throughout the conversation). At one point he clearly lost control of his temper and said "look here you". At this point I told him that this was pointless and that the conversation was over and I left. Before doing so, I went to Ciara, thanked her for her service, and told her that she should be a manager rather than Brian as she demonstrated far superior management and customer service skills than her hapless manager. She was also dressed better as well. Overall: very average room, poor service, poor manager with no EQ or management skills, Ciara was the only saving grace for Bewley's Dublin Airport Hotel. Managers and reception staff are the face of a hotel-they have to look and behave the part. This hotel failed on all counts to provide reasonably good service. There is a wide choice of airport hotels. Will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel, there is a wide choice of airport hotels
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review.
Would you be so kind as to forward some contact details to
Ciaran.odonovan@bewleyshotels.com as I would appreciate the
opportunity to discuss your feedback
Many thanks
lisburn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Only stayed 1 night, very comfortable spacious room, food in the Brasserie vey good at reasonable price. Left my car here for 10 days whilst away.
Has everything you need from an airport hotel. Would recommend this hotel for onward travellers.
Also provides a free shuttle to and from airport. Good friendly service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I usually stay at the Hilton Dublin airport as I depart Dublin. but a delay at Frankfurt resulted in the necessity of a quick booking (same-day booking) for my arrival. I checked the Hilton and found it was 119 Euro. Bewley's was 69 euro so I changed and found Bewley's to be very good/excellent: the staff were friendly and helpful; hotel was clean, quiet, and near the airport with a free and frequent shuttle. I used the gym and v=found it to be adequate--weights, treadmill, and rowing machine. The price was very right! And, just to keep the price comparison going the full Irish breakfast cost 10 euro if purchased at check-in. It's much more expensive, perhaps X2 at the Hilton.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Been to Bewley's Hotel Dublin Airport? Share your experiences!