“Ideal for Sightseeing.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 91 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
Sidmouth, United Kingdom
“Ideal for Sightseeing.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2006

Stayed for 4 nights.First time I had used a hostel and I was pleasantly surprised. We had a double room with en suite which was small but clean and towels were changed daily. Breakfast was by voucher in a nearby cafe, though we never got up early enough to try it I believe it was continental style.Hostel ovelooks O'Connell Bridge and Temple Bar on the other side of the river so is really central.I was travelling in a group of seven and one of our men was meant to be in a four bedded male dormitory but ended up with 3 females.I didn't hear him complaining though!He says it wasn't noisy despite the fact Ireland were playing Scotland at rugby that weekend and Dublin was awash with kilts. Staff are somewhat disorganised at reception and access to the main rooms are with an electronic swipe card which frequently fails to operate. I'd use it again if I was travelling with a group but probably not if it was husband and me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Polish first
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2005

Was a little apprehensive at first as have never stayed in a hostel before, but we booked one of the slightly more expensive apartments which was better than I could ever expect! A mini home from home, where you were free to come and go as you please. Excellent location, friendly staff, extremely clean. Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed September 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2003

I stayed there a few years ago with my 9 year old son. The staff are great, its extreamely clean, and close to everything in the city, actaully a bus stop right out side the door. I would recommend it to any one.

Been to Abbey Court? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Abbey Court

Address: 29 Bachelor's Walk, Dublin 1, Ireland
Location: Ireland > Province of Leinster > County Dublin > Dublin
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Shuttle Bus service Airport Transportation
Ranked #29 of 91 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
Hotel Class:2 star — Abbey Court 2*
The Abbey Court hostel and Apartments are located in the very centre of Dublin City, just at O'Connell Bridge and within walking distance of all the popular city attractions. It is a family-run business and we pride ourselves in the warmth of our welcome. With private rooms and dormitories ranging from four to twenty-four beds, we cater for lone travelers, couples, groups of friends and larger group bookings. Included in your stay is free breakfast, free skype landline calls and free WIFI through out. There is always something to do as there is a games room, cinema room, hammock room, large common area and plenty more. Staff are available 24 hours for any advice needed and there is no curfew. Its cleanliness, great friendly vibe, location and low prices make it the best hostel in Dublin. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HostelBookers, HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your Abbey Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Abbey Court Dublin
Abbey Court Hotel Dublin

If you own or manage Abbey Court, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.