“Rudest staff ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Mercantile

The Mercantile
Dame Street, Dublin, Ireland (South City Centre)
Improve this listing
Ranked #335 of 613 things to do in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Rudest staff ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I used to like the Mercantile and am not one to vent but yesterday while I was there with my company (which ordered many drinks) I was refused to be served a glass of water! One of my colleagues asked the same bartender for a glass of water he finally gave it to me telling me to "shut the [--] up!" when I did not say anything to him! At that point I just answered that my company bought many drinks at the bar and he then threw the glass away!

I thought that Mercantile was a nice spot to go out but the rudeness, for lack of a better word, of some people from the staff will make it a place I won't recommend anymore. Very disappointed!

Visited December 2013

Waterford
“Appalling service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed in Dublin for the weekend just gone. Although we stayed at a different hotel we decided to eat at the restaurant at the Mercantile. This was a huge mistake. We both ordered the soup to start and a main course. We had to wait nearly half an hour for the soup to arrive and when it did the waitress informed us that our main courses were also ready and would she bring them for us! We politely declined and said we would like to eat our soup first (as our main course would be freezing by the time we got it). Half way through the soup she brought our main courses anyway and left them on the table in front of us! I handed her back my half eaten soup as I didnt want my fish to go cold. My partners steak was freezing when he tried it and had to be sent back. I had my meal nearly finished by the time he got it back. We decided to leave dessert as we had enough at this stage so we asked for the bill. This arrived with an extra 3 drinks and an extra two meals on it. Never mind the fact that I already had to pay for soup that I didnt get to finish. We then had to wait another twenty minutes for a new bill to be brought out to us. All in all it was just awful service and a disappointing experience. I would strongly advise anyone against eating there. I have never written a review before but the service was so bad it has driven me to

Visited December 2013
Kincardineshire
5 attraction reviews
“So-so lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Having looked around for somewhere to lunch, we were surprised that most places only served brunch (not lunch) at 1.30pm. Anyway It was raining and this place offered a fixed price lunch menu. Great! One slightly dry Salmon, and one overdone steak plus two pints of Guinness later in a dark and un- atmospheric room later, we were at least dry and fed. The waitress was friendly enough and the home cooked chips accompanying the steak were good. Their special mango cocktails were worth the otherwise, sad experience.

Visited November 2013
“A quiet Sunday ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

45 minutes for a cod the size of a snickers bar and chips.... Never returning here again. Would not recommend coming here for dinner or drinks, handy place to walk through on the way the Stags Head. Came in Tonight at 7:30pm

Dublin, Ireland
“Not a place to eat, a beer maybe?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Went here thinking we would sit down to have a nice dinner. Very dark, very loud. Wait staff took their time. Food was decent but not worth the money we paid.

Visited October 2013