“front of house-exceptional” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 177 hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“front of house-exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed here for one night as part of a competition prize. We have never met such a friendly, polite and helpful receptionist to check us in-her name is Maddison. She couldn't have been more helpful, even the following day making time to talk to us and walk us to our taxi. The hotel itself is extremely clean and modern with i pods in the room! Breakfast was delicious with a variety of choices, definitely 5 star food. Bar menu included absolutely everything, many cocktails, beers and wines. We may return in the future but this hotel, as it is 5 star is a bit expensive for us! breakfast 25euro pp and cocktails ranging from 9.50-13euros. Also hotel is very quiet, in a very quiet location.

Room Tip: Room 108 was superb!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

625 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have just come back from a weekend in Dublin and I can honestly say that I was incredibly lucky with my choice of hotel.

I arrived late from London after a day in the office, my flight was delayed, my patience was long spent. I was greeted with a smile, checked in and 5 minutes later was in my room. Which was spacious, luxurious, bright with soft music playing in the background. I poped into a bar for a nightcap where a Black Velvet (champagne + Guinness) radically improved things.

Now, the beds are divine. They make you feel like floating on air and I was seriously considering skipping sightseeing and meeting friends just so I don't have to leave the bed. (That was my first time in Dublin, so this is saying something.)

The nicest touch was an iPod with pre-loaded somg selection that happen to include all of my favourites and more. I ended up listening to it all the time and even took it out for walks instead of my own, as selection was better. They also come with pre-loaded guided walks, but I took the sight-seeing bus.

I did not get breakfast with my bed, but it turned out to be a better deal (I am not a fan of buffet breakfast). Both mornings I had my breakfast a la carte in the bar/terrace area and it was a cheaper option.

The hotel is about 15 minutes walk away from the centre which might seem like a lot, but a quiet night sleep is worth a 10 euro taxi fare from the centre in the evening.

The staff are very welcoming and very friendly - I wish I remembered more of their names, but they did rememebr my name, my room number and my previous choices. It's the small things that make you feel special.

My only regret is that I did not take their airport transfer option on arrival, as Agustin, the friendly driver who dropped me off to the airport was a pleasure. I will be most definitely coming back to Dublin and I will be definitely staying at the Dylan again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed here in late June this year. It's a hotel I've always loved going to for cocktails or vino, but staying was really a disappointment.
Arrival and check in was fine, no particular pleasantries or otherwise, valet parking is 20€, and room price was 300€
Room was nice, nice colours of silver, greys etc. well stocked mini bar and goodies hamper available for purchase.
The bar in the hotel, not the rooms, was really busy on the night we were there.
We first had some light lunch, and it took a long time to get ordering. When we did, food came in good time and was tasty. I ordered an elderflower cocktail and asked for the gin to be changed for Vodka. The first one was lovely. The second was completely different, with way too much lemon. So their cocktails aren't consistent which is a pet hate of mine :)
We went into town for a while and came back at about 5 and wanted to sit in the bar and have a drink. Every single table was reserved but the place was empty. We were told we could sit at the bar where there were 4 seats with one already occupied. I said we were residents at the hotel and wanted a nice seat. So the batman who was nice, checked with someone else and then allowed us to sit at a nice seat. Staying in a hotel like this, I'd expect to be able to use their facilities and be treated with some preference if you are a resident. We also had dinner there, the kitchen was really busy as they had loads of canapés to serve into the bar, so service wasn't as good - however they apologised for this at the time, so that was fine.
When we were checking out after yummy brekkie, (although waiter forgot to bring us our 2nd coffee) the valet mentioned that they were so busy the night before and said he hoped it didn't interfere with our stay. I mentioned that yes it had and that it was a disappointment. I also filled in a feedback form, mentioning the biggest disappointment, the bar being too busy for residents, left my email address etc, but 5 weeks on, and I haven't heard from them! Why bother with feedback!,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Solihull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The Dylan was a superbly stylish hotel. The bed was DIVINE!!! i can honestly say that it was probably one of the best beds I have had the pleasure of sleeping on!! like a cloud!
The room was very chic. The common parts are similar. The bar was funky and fun. The hotel is in a nice residential part of Dublin about 25 minutes walk to the main centre. We walked along the canal, ate in tons of good restaurants and also -it was easy to eat breakfast in local coffee shops. We'd not gone for the bed and breakfast option

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

What a wonderfully stay. Everything we expected the service for both room and food we're top notch. Very very kind and genuine help from the concierge and all staff just put a smile on our face. Our room was spacious clean and comfortable the bar and restaurant was just great so friendly great food and impressive bar this is what a hotel should be just wonderful.

Room Tip: All the rooms are really nice book in advance.
Idahobungalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

It can be difficult to find a place to stay when basing choices on reviews, location, price, etc. We had a short stop over in Dublin for a night, but still wanted something decent. I can't say how convenient the location was since we were only there for a night and didn't venture too far away.

As for the hotel...the reception area was nice and clean, with attentive and friendly employees. We hit the elevator (which was padded, we joked that it resembled a mental patients room) As we got to our floor, I wasn't sure what to expect because the decor in the hall reminded me sort of a sleazy Vegas hotel. Some people may like the deep red and black, but it just didn't seem to fit with the rest of the hotel. We got to our room and we were absolutely taken back. The room was SPOTLESS and tastefully decorated! No odd smells...clean sheets, clean bathroom and we even got a balcony! Great closet space to put our suitcases. There was a mini bar stocked with goodies too. They had some nice chill music playing from an iPod plugged in. That absolutely set the mood for the rest of the evening! We had drinks and a snack at the bar. The bartenders were all friendly and talkative, which was fun to hear what they were up to.

If you have a car, parking is on the street. You have to pay by the hour and it is free sometime after 6 or 7 PM. We also ate dinner at Paulie's Pizza (about a 15 min walk from hotel). It was great, but VERY small, so be prepared to be quite close to others.

We would absolutely stay in the Dylan Hotel again if we ever pass through Dublin again.

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is a nice modern hotel in a good location close to the city centre. Rooms are very well decorated with some nice touches. In general I would have to say that the staff were very friendly and helpful however I did feel that the those serving breakfast's appeared to be a little bit disorganised. On a similar note I felt that some of the bar staff gave the impression that they were working their first night as barmen. Breakfast was nice without being exceptional.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dylan Hotel? Share your experiences!