“Great trendy hotel, Awesome customer service.” 5 of 5 stars

Dylan Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Eastmoreland Place, Dublin 2, Ireland   |
Ranked #25 of 177 hotels in Dublin
Dallas
“Great trendy hotel, Awesome customer service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel was excellent, the decor is modern quirky with every amenity required. Fine linens and super comfy beds made it a great place for rest in-between our tours. The bar and restaurant are top class, the breakfast was pricey but good. Peter (Barkeep) makes a perfect Hot Shot Galliano, Irish kid named Paul (barkeep) kept us laughing at the bar the whole night. Israel was the perfect waiter at every meal. And front staff Madison and Sultan went completely out of their way to make our stay spectacular, from fetching us taxi's and giving great restaurant advice and places to sight see, to helping us find a doc when my wife sprained her knee.
It is a 15 to 20 minute walk to most sights which was kinda nice to be in a quiet neighborhood, 10Euro taxi would have you there in 5 minutes. We will definitely stay at the Dylan on our next trip to Dublin.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

631 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed on a Monday evening on business so probably got a very good rate as a result. However the hotel has a nice individual feel to it and the staff were helpful and welcoming. I had a room on the first floor and it was lovely - I immediately though it would be a lovely place for a romantic break. The bathroom was lovely and warm with underfloor heating. The TV was not great, yes a flat screen, but a bit of an old model with not a great picture - but it did n't bother me as I wasn't here to watch TV. I eat breakfast in the hotel which was table service and of a decent quality. I did walk into the city centre and it took me about 20 minutes. Overall I would definately come back with my partner if I was staying in Dublin - I thought good value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Penzance, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I found this hotel to be expensive by comparison to much nicer places available in Dublin.Also it is quite a way from the main tourist attractions, I had to pay for a taxi, or have a very long walk. The room on the third floor was no more than an attic room with a sloping ceiling and an arched window too high to see out of. The bathroom like, the rest of the hotel, looked wonderful but the shower was not very good, the bathroom lighting was poor, and the glass 'bowl' style sink had a large tap over it, so every time you tried to wash your face or clean your teeth, you soaked yourself and the bathroom floor. The room was very hot and I had trouble getting it to a decent temperature. There were no curtains, just wooden blinds, and one section was broken and let the light in first thing in the morning which woke me up.It was impossible to get housekeeping to part with more than two tea bags a day, very frustrating when you want a cup of tea in the afternoon, to find the two from breakfast haven't been replaced.The staff generally were very nice and helpful, but not an Irish person amongst them.The breakfast was good.I had one dinner at the hotel, again very over priced.I shall be returning to Dublin in a couple of months, but I shall not be returning to the Dylan.

Room Tip: I did not see any other rooms, but the third floor ones were really just attic rooms. So avoid the 3...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

me and my fiance were looking for perfect place for our wedding. one of our favourites was dylan. we had a little tour of the restaurant, bar and terrace with the general manager Grainne. we liked the place very much and we decided that that is it! Grainne promised us to send all the info, menu options, prices,...to my email next day. We were so happy and decided to have lunch and try the food as we haven't eaten there in a while. that is where all went wrong. it was summer and we wanted to have lunch on the terrace. we waited for service for 15 mins....and as nobody was coming, we had to go inside to order. barman and two waiters were standing there, chatting and nobody had intention to go to take our order. we said what we wanted and went back. when our food arrived it was absolutely inedible. one was "dylan burger"...it had no taste, bun was kinda old and meat not cooked properly and so dry...tasteless!! we were disappointed but that didnt discourage us to have the wedding here. than we asked for the bill, food was almost untouched, waiter asked whats wrong, we said that food has no taste, and he did nothing, we paid for the full bill and hurry to leave that place. i was still hoping that when i get the email with prices and al,l we could talk to them about food we want on our wedding and all will be fine! well we never got that email. I was so disappointed, i would expect more responsibility and professionalism from somebody who is managing a hotel! especially that both of us working in hospitality, not to mention, management positions, so this was soooooo unprofessional and dissapointing especially coming from the general manager!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed here during our short visit to Ireland. I joined tripadvisor just to share my thoughts of this amazing hotel. The staff were amazing from reception to the restaurant but most of all the bar staff on our last night (Fabrizio and Paul) were absolutely out of this world amazing. They werent your average 5 star statue server however they are so polite, friendly, welcoming and extremely helpful. The food is good and an amazing selection of spirits at the bar. However one fault is, the drunk old man at the bar should be barred- extremely vulgar towards us.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Nice mix of modern interior design and older conservative exterior, in good location. The staff are friendly and very helpful. I had the veggie breakfast - well done and very tasty.

One niggle - the room was too hot and the staff didn't seem to know how adjust the heating. Luckily the hotel is in a fairly quiet area so the open window wasn't an issue.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. The room was very clean, well decorated, and ample size. Breakfast was excellent, and staff were all helpful. Great location also, about 10 minute walk to Stephen's Green. Bar looked to be very quiet so we didn't try it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Dylan Hotel? Share your experiences!