Good clean modern hotel with the quietest rooms I have ever stayed in, even though the hotel was full. Rooms well laid out with wired broadband in rooms and wireless in the lobby and bar areas.
Plenty of hot water, clean towels which are changed everyday if you wish although you are encouraged to do your bit for the environment.
Nice quiet bar with attentive staff and reasonable prices.
My stay included breakfast but the buffet style breakfast isn't worth €14.49, you can eat locally for much less and better quality.
Location is perfect 2 mins walk from Grafton Street good selection of restaurants and bars close by would recommend the Papaya (Thia), in Ely Street, off Hume Street 3 mins walk.
My wife enjoyed the shopping which is 1 min away which means it isn't to long a carry for the boys.
Car parking is in the Royal College of Surgeons Carpark, a short walk away - Fri to Sun cost €10
All in all I would have no worries about staying there again.
- Also Known As:
- o Callaghan Stephens Green Hotel
- o Callaghan Stephens Green Dublin
- Stephens Green Hotel
- St Stephens Green Hotel
- Stephens Green Hotel Dublin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel comprises of two magnificently restored Georgian buildings, with a heritage of great historical and cultural importance to Ireland. One was home to the great Irish playwright, George Fitzmaurice, while 4 Harcourt Street was the birthplace of Lord Edward Carson, one of the founders of Northern Ireland and a central figure in Ireland’s Unionism movement. Entering through the tasteful reception area, guests will be struck by the stunning glass atrium, filling the lobby with natural light and overlooking the idyllic Stephen’s Green park. The stylish interior design throughout the hotel, with wood panelling and soft leather furnishings sitting alongside Georgian stucco ceilings and elegant fireplaces, beautifully showcases the fusion of old and new. George Fitzmaurice is honoured in the hotel through our bar and restaurant, which are named after two of his plays. The ‘Magic Glasses’ Bar is an opulent, comfortable bar where local businesspeople and visitors alike regularly meet over a coffee or drink, while the ‘Pie Dish’ Bistro, set in the bright atrium and the inner rooms of the Georgian houses, serves the finest in contemporary Irish and international cuisine. Located on the first floor, the Georgian library has a charming old-world feel, where you can sit in 19th century surrounds, featuring open fireplaces and chandeliers – an ideal way to unwind over a pre-dinner drink. A gymnasium is available for the exclusive use of residents, while the business centre is open 24 hours, with a secretarial service available for the business guest. Flexibility and choice is a core value of O’Callaghan Hotels. Guests can use the facilities and services of any Dublin O’Callaghan Hotel and have the account conveniently billed back to your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.