Reading the negative reviews of O'Callaghan Stephens Green and can't help but feel our American friends are expecting a little too much and being overly harsh in their comments. Remember folks, there is no tipping in Ireland so you won't get as much faux helpfulness from staff!
I stayed in O'Callaghan Stephens Green last weekend. The hotel is in a fab location right in Dublin City Centre. Lobby nice and clean. Pleasant and efficient reception staff. Arrived and was given key to a second floor room. Bedroom really is 4*. Great mattress, lots of pillows, warm room. Really heavy curtains too - keeps out all light! Shower good, everything of a clean standard.
I went out to a concert and returned at about 1am with a friend who the lobby staff kindly called a taxi for. Not much street noise as it was a Sunday night but having stayed on a street-facing room at the Gresham I'm well accustomed to loud Dublin nights!
I will take marks off for the 30mins only free wifi. In this day and age that is unacceptable. Didn't eat in the hotel but bar and restaurant areas looked inviting.
O'Callaghan Stephens Green does the job. Good location, nice rooms, friendly staff, lovely and clean. Use booking.com to place your reservation - they have great deals. Aside from wifi, I can't fault my stay at all!
- Also Known As:
- o Callaghan Stephens Green Hotel
- o Callaghan Stephens Green Dublin
- Stephens Green Hotel
- St Stephens Green Hotel
- Stephens Green Hotel Dublin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel comprises of two magnificently restored Georgian buildings, with a heritage of great historical and cultural importance to Ireland. One was home to the great Irish playwright, George Fitzmaurice, while 4 Harcourt Street was the birthplace of Lord Edward Carson, one of the founders of Northern Ireland and a central figure in Ireland’s Unionism movement. Entering through the tasteful reception area, guests will be struck by the stunning glass atrium, filling the lobby with natural light and overlooking the idyllic Stephen’s Green park. The stylish interior design throughout the hotel, with wood panelling and soft leather furnishings sitting alongside Georgian stucco ceilings and elegant fireplaces, beautifully showcases the fusion of old and new. George Fitzmaurice is honoured in the hotel through our bar and restaurant, which are named after two of his plays. The ‘Magic Glasses’ Bar is an opulent, comfortable bar where local businesspeople and visitors alike regularly meet over a coffee or drink, while the ‘Pie Dish’ Bistro, set in the bright atrium and the inner rooms of the Georgian houses, serves the finest in contemporary Irish and international cuisine. Located on the first floor, the Georgian library has a charming old-world feel, where you can sit in 19th century surrounds, featuring open fireplaces and chandeliers – an ideal way to unwind over a pre-dinner drink. A gymnasium is available for the exclusive use of residents, while the business centre is open 24 hours, with a secretarial service available for the business guest. Flexibility and choice is a core value of O’Callaghan Hotels. Guests can use the facilities and services of any Dublin O’Callaghan Hotel and have the account conveniently billed back to your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.