“Wonderful stay in suburban Dublin” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hollybank B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dublin
Hollybank B&B
You added Hollybank B&B to your Saves list
28 Hollybank Road | Drumcondra, Dublin, Ireland   |
Ranked #47 of 163 Dublin B&B and Inns
Austin, TX
“Wonderful stay in suburban Dublin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2007

My husband and I were in Ireland for 8 days the end of Sept and beginning of Oct. We stayed at Hollybank the first third of our trip, went to Dingle Pennisula, then went back to Dublin staying at a different B&B. Out of the three places, Hollybank B&B was the best (and it deserves a high rank from other B&B's I have been to at various places around the US and Europe). Sibohan (pronounced Sivon) was such a wonderful host, very attentive and helpful. She is also a very good cook (best scrambled eggs! yes, it is easy to make scrambled eggs, but it is hard to make GOOD scrambled eggs). The room we stayed in was nice and clean. My only complaint is that it was cramped because of the king size bed (which was actually two twin size pushed together). The location is about a 45min walk to the city centre but a nice walk. If you are not a fan of walking, the buses run right in front of the street where the B&B is located. The botanical garden is also close by, along with pubs and restaurants. If we were to go back to Dublin, I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Good food, very clean and tidy
  • Disliked — Cramped room
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2007

My friend and me spent a girlie bank holiday weekend in Dublin.
I was very impressed with this B&B, and so glad I listened to the reviews!
The room was v clean and airy, and the bathroom and shower cabin new and modern (I would have spent the whole day in that shower!). Very good decoration throughout, and, as said before, good connections with the city centre and nice quiet area.
There is even a night bus in the event that you came back at, say (cough) 4 am. And breakfast until 10 am, which we managed to have!
Siobhan gave us lots of advice on shopping, and places to see, and transport.
It was much better than we expected, fully recommended.
Well done Siobhan!
Maria

• Liked — Host's friendliness
  • Disliked — Waiting for bus under the rain
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Landau in der Pfalz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2007

Hollybank house was a great stay for us while in Dublin. It's actually pefectly located on the way to the city with good connections to bus and train station/DART.
Siobhan is a really nice host, the rooms were perfect and we always felt like home. I can recommend this B&B to anyone who wants it a bit more quiet than in central Dublin itself.
Absolute prefect!! Thank you ...

Stayed April 2007
italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed at Hollybank house for three nights in march, and we found it exceptional. it was better than what the b&b's website described: the rooms were cozy, clean, new, and carefully decorated, we felt more like guests in an irish home than in a bed and breakfast. Mrs. siobahn moore was a great host and went out of her way more than once to help us with all we needed, and the irish breakfast was tasty and abundant, served in the lovely dining room of the house.we were worried about the fact that it's actually in drumcondra, out of the city centre, but you can catch almost any bus that passes across the road (once very 5 minutes or so) and it will take you to o'connell bridge in no time, so the distance was not a problem at all: on the contrary, it was a positive thing as we were able to sleep in a quiet and clean neighborhood instead of risking sleepless nights somewhere in temple bar. the prices are totally honest and they have double or single rooms available.what else?it's close to both the airport and the city so you'll almost never need to take a taxi as drumcondra road is well served by buses in both drections.
i'll definately recommend it to any of my firends and relatives visiting dublin!

Stayed March 2007
Algonquin, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2005

We spent a week traveling through Ireland. The last two days were in Dublin and we were fortunate to have found the Hollybank B&B. It is just outside Dublin in Drumcondra, and you are able to catch a bus just up the street that takes you into Dublin. The house is beautifully decorated and Siobhan was a wonderful host. A fantastic Irish breakfast was served each morning. I hope to be able to return one day and stay there again.

Been to Hollybank B&B? Share your experiences!