“Nice reasonably priced” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 175 Hotels in Dublin
monaghan
“Nice reasonably priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Myself and my friend booked into the Ardmore Hotel, Finglas Rd, Dublin with other family members for an overnight stay as we were in dublin for my nieces graduation celebrations, the hotel was lovely and clean and had everything you needed for a leisurely stay, their food is fairly reasonably priced and the breakfast was lovely and adequate to keep you going for the journey home. i did request extra pillows for the room as most hotels only leave 1 pillow per bed though if i had known how bad their pillows were i would have asked for an extra 4, the pillows were flat and uncomfortable with no support and they should really be changed but other than this i have no complaints whatsoever. carparking is safe and secure and free which is a big thing when your going to Dublin. the hotel is good if you want to treat yourself to a shopping trip with a large shopping centre just beside it and Finglas Square just a walk away, bus stops are fairly nearby if you wanted to get the bus into the city centre too. Noise in the hotel was minimal too in fact it was just a very pleasant experience all in (apart from the pillow instance lol), i would definately stay again, maybe the hotel should consider offering a better single room rate for a single person like myself to go and stay for a day or 2 i would definately jump at the chance of going again. Also the hotel accommodates both smokers and none smokers which was good as it meant you didnt have to leave your room if you were a smoker but you have to request a smoking room.

Room Tip: All rooms were lovely but definately if you like good pillow support make sure and ask for extra pil...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the pillows were not to your likling. As you have mentioned, there is free underground car parking available for guests of hotel. For those who wish to explore Dublin by bus, there is a bus stop located right across the road from the hotel. The bus journey to the city centre is a mere 15 minutes.

Thank you once again for your kind comments. I hope to welcome you back to visit us very soon.

Donna Curry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Willenhall, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Friendly and helpful staff although if a lot of people checking out at one time in the morning could do with more staff on the desk. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Bar menu could have had a bit more choice but the food was good as was the breakfast. Only 15 mins fron the ferry port in Dublin

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing Ardmore Hotel. We really appreciate hearing the opinions of our guests. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thankfully, the hotel is particularly busy at present so I am sorry if you had to wait slightly longer than usual at the Front Desk. The hotel's Premier Bar serves food 7 days a week and overnight guests of the hotel receive a 15% discount off bar food and this offer excludes breakfast. Breakfast is served daily and there is a wide range of selections to choose from.
Thank you again for your kind comments. I hope to welcome you back to Ardmore Hotel very soon.

dublin, ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

great price for the location,
clean,
friendly
great if you get a corner room with the large windows
underground car park
room service is very good!

the popcorn movie deal is a brilliant idea

me and my partner used to use this hotel when commuting to dublin if we were too tired to drive home this was perfect for price:) location was great cos we were commuting along the N2

Not great if you want to be close to the city centre

Room Tip: ask for a corner room say on the 4th floor ?
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you have mentioned, we offer a special 'Movie Night' deal for just €10 which consists of a choice of a film from our DVD collection, rental of a DVD player, a 2 litre bottle of soft drink and some popcorn. I would like to thank you once again for your kind comments. I hope to welcome you back to Ardmore Hotel very soon.

General Manger
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Just a fantastic hotel! I stayed there for 1 night but everything was great. No problems with an extremely quick check in and the room was very spacious and bright. The room was very clean and beautifully decorated. Got room service and it was delivered very very quickly and was lovely! Bus stops right outside the hotel so easy to get to the city centre. Just perfect.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing Ardmore Hotel. We really appreciate receiving feedback from our guests. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Washington, D.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed at the Ardmore Hotel recently because, frankly, we couldn't find a hotel closer to the Dublin City Centre. In the end, we couldn't have asked for a better hotel. The rooms are clean and relatively large by European standards, and the bathrooms are beautiful and also spacious. The staff is incredibly kind and helpful. The hotel is really not far from the action in Dublin -- a more ambitious person than me could walk into town from the Ardmore -- and the buses run frequently and stop in front of the hotel. The real gem here is the bar, which was chock full of friendly locals who chatted with us and gave us great tips. I was slightly concerned about the lack of air conditioning, but you really don't need it in Dublin and the room was plenty quiet with the window open. I would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted to hear that the hotel exceeded your expectations during your stay with us. I have passed your kind comments onto the staff as we always appreciate receiving feedback from our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I found this hotel via a search on a discount bookings website and what a great find it was.
My visit was mainly to see family not far from the hotel and also to explore the great city that is Dublin.
A taxi from the airport was less that 20 Euros and I was greeted by a very friendly and helpful receptionist.
The bedroom was spacious, spotlessly clean, modern with a very comfortable bed, armchair, double wardrobe, TV and also tea/coffee facilities.
The bathroom was beautifully fitted with excellent pressure on the shower and good range of free toiletries and quality towels.
My one gripe about the room is that there is no air-con and it was quite warm at night. That said, I can't recall the last time it was 75 degrees in Dublin and no breeze!
To visit my family was easy, to head for the centre of town is easy too. Across the road there are two buses that will take you to either O'Connell Street or Parnell Street.
If you are doing sightseeing, at reception they sell one day passes for 6 Euros which are great value and saves you messing around for the correct change.
If you don't want to get a bus home or will be very late, again the fare is less than 20 Euros.
There is a very nice bar on the ground floor which doubles up as the breakfast room.
The breakfast menu is good, you choose what you want then help yourself to the superb buffet - breads, croissants, fresh fruits, yoghurts and juices - very healthy.
As much tea and coffee as you want plus your choice from the menu.
Only gripe here is I'm vegetarian and really fancied a fried breakfast but there was no vegetarian option.
I opted instead for the scrambled eggs and smoked salmon (minus the salmon).
Back to my room to get ready to go out and the ironing board with iron cam in really handy.
I strongly recommend this hotel if you don't want to or don't have the budget to stay in the city centre.
Personally I think it's better to stay here as Dublin is very lively into the small hours.
There are taxis everywhere and the fares are cheap too.
On my last day I was able to leave my suitcase at reception (no charge) and the lady booked me a taxi to the airport which arrived bang on time.
Superb hotel and great staff in a handy location with smart rooms and excellent breakfasts.
What are you waiting for?......

Room Tip: It's on a main road so ask for a bedroom at the rear of the building.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Ardmore hotel for two nights. The hotel was very clean and tidy, staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and always said hello to us each morning. The room was very spacious and clean, bathroom was big also. Tea and coffee facilities, iron and ironing board in room which was an extra bonus. Bed was really comfy so much so found it hard to get up in the morning. Really could not fault the staff and the hotel at all. Hotel is about 20 minutes by bus to the town centre (temple bar) and buses are frequent so access into town is easy. I would certainly recommend staying at this hotel it is way above average. Made our break extra special. Would certainly come back and stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Ardmore Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. All rooms include complimentary toiletries, tea and coffee making facilities, an iron, an ironing board and a hair-dryer.

Donna Curry

Been to Ardmore Hotel? Share your experiences!