“Excellent Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 177 hotels in Dublin
Donegal Town, Ireland
“Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed here on business last week for one night.Room was very comfortable, ensuite very high standard, many nice touches, trouser press, iron, ironing board, free wifi. The bed had the best mattress I have ever slept on. The staff were excellent, hot towel on check-in, an even warmer welcome! Paid on check out, the parking was free and the breakfast was good.
The hotel is a little off the main drag, but a taxi was only €11 into Temple Bar, this may be a factor if you are planning on a longer stay. Our room looked out at the Hogan Stand entrance to Croke Parke and I am sure would make any GAA fans heart swell with pride, being from Donegal only improved the experience here!
Sport aside, this is a really good hotel, with friendly staff who go the extra mile to make your stay a comfortable one.Planning to take the family back in the Summer and do some of the touristy things!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Croke Park Hotel. We always strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and ensure they have a truly enjoyable and relaxing stay. I am pleased to see that you experienced all of these and enjoyed your stay with us.

Again, I greatly appreciate your feedback, as it will assist my team in becoming better at what we do. It is my desire to retain you as a satisfied customer and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future. Please contact me personally before your next visit to the Croke Park Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of our renowned hospitality.

Jones Road

2,148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I am an international flight attendant and I am always pleased to stay here at the Croke Park Hotel. The staff is one of the best anywhere! Very friendly & professional. An example? I had left an adapter in my room during an overnight. A few weeks later I returned and they had my adapter in a bag with my Name, room # & date of my stay there. That doesn't happen very often and I appreciate it that as a customer, we are valued!

Room Tip: Rooms have a CD player and are very comfortable and spacious.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
It gave me great pleasure to read your most kind review, thank you so much and I am delighted to hear that we have continued to provide a service that you enjoy throughout the hotel. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to the rest of my team and I`m sure they will be very appreciative .

I hope that we will be welcoming you back very soon, please let me know if I can help with future reservations or in any other way.

Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here recently for a night. Easy to find, but you would need a car as a bit from the city centre, about €8 taxi fare to city centre. The hotel itself is very modern with large rooms, good decent size bathroom and very clean. Staff were helpful and there is Free wifi. Breakfast was good. Price wise it was excellant and the car park is free which is an added bonus for a dublin hotel! I noticed they offer free hotel shuttle for business people down to that area of the city, nice touch!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review on trip advisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and please let me know of any future visits to Dublin - I would be only too happy to look after your reservation needs.

Thank you once again and I look forward welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel.

Galway, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently on business. The hotel was modern and clean and the room was a decent size. Service was OK but not consistent.I was asked if I would sign up to their loyalty programme and was told I would receive a free bottle of water and newspaper...neither of which I received. On the subject of price this hotel is quiet expensive. I was also quiet taken aback at being charged €1 for a dash of cordial to accompany my €16 fish and chips(the first time I was ever charged for it anywhere) , what disappointed me most was they didn't even have orange and I had to settle for blackcurrant but yet was still charged.
Breakfast was nice and there was plenty to choose from.
Overall the hotel was nice and service was good. The doors banged very loudly behind them so may not suit light sleepers

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
I would sincerely like to thank you for having taken the time to complete your detailed review regarding your recent visit to The Croke Park Hotel. I certainly appreciate receiving all feedback which affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and services. I was however most disappointed to learn of the few problems you experienced during your stay with us. Your constructive observations have also been the subject of a meeting with our Senior Management, as I most certainly cannot condone any deviation from the high standards that have become synonymous with The Croke Park Hotel.

We strive to provide our guests with memorable luxury experiences, but it appears your stay with us was memorable for the wrong reasons. Please accept my sincerest apology once again for the shortcomings already highlighted by you. Again, I greatly appreciate your feedback, as it will assist my team in becoming better at what we do. As is the case with all businesses, the greatest advertising we can aspire to is that of word-of-mouth from satisfied customers.

It is my desire to retain you as a satisfied customer and I hopefully look forward to being able to restore your faith in us. Please contact me personally before your next visit to the Croke Park Hotel.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Both good facilities and service in central Dublin. However, would not recommend unless driving as extremely weird location unless going to sporting event at adjacent stadium.

Hotel was good at calling when left item in room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

I was disappointed to learn however that you did not find our location suitable. Located on the North side of the city allows for quick, easy access to Dublin Airport and is only approximately five miles from the airport. The hotel is close enough to allow easy access to Dublin City Centre and all of its attractions but also far enough away to guarantee a perfect, quiet nights’ sleep away from the city revellers. I would like to reassure yourself and other TripAdvisor reviewers that The Croke Park Hotel has an excellent transport network, with several Dublin bus routes stopping nearby. These bus routes service both Dublin Airport and city centre attractions. There is also the touristic Hop-On Hop-Off bus which has a shuttle service stopping directly outside the hotel. Taxis to or from the world-renowned Temple Bar district should cost no more than €10 each way.

Our guest feedback is very important to the overall running of our hotel and affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Dublin and the Croke Park Hotel in the future.

Gomel, Belarus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed at the Croke Park Hotel in June 2013 for 6 nights for business and in general I have a very good impression about it. Thanks very much to the stuff of The Croke Park Hotel!

Some details which might be helpful:
- Maybe this is something common but first time for me: during check in warm wet towels were offered to clean hands. It was so nice :).
- WiFi is free. Check out the booklet on the table in the room for more info on this.
- We used courtesy bus to East Point Business Park in the morning which is free of charge. You just need to book it in advance (ask a receptionist).
- I used safety room to leave my laptop while I went outside in the evening. It's free. One note here: the procedure was different depending on who of the receptionist did this :). One of them asked for my room number, packed laptop into plastic bag and asked to leave my sign. Another asked for the room number and gave me a counterfoil. Another one just took my laptop, asked the room number and that's it :) There was no any problem to get it back in any case :).
- What I liked is that bath room has bathtub and shower. It is very convenient as you have a choice :)
- On the breakfast: Sometimes newspapers were offered on the entry. It was kind of new for me as well and very nice :) You asked for what kind of coffee you wish and if you want toasts.
- On the Bar: There is a nice fire place there. You can ask to prepare cocktail if you know the recipe. Ask for Irish Flag Shot. It is something :) See photos.

Hope it will be helpful to someone and you will enjoy your staying in this hotel and will love Ireland and irish people :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I cannot thank you enough for your most humbling review. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was in perfect order. It means a great deal to me and the team to read such good reviews and has given us all a great boost.

Please feel free and visit your home away from home at any time!

It would be a pleasure to personally look after any further bookings.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I booked this as a surprise for my boyfriends birthday in January off the website 'Secret Escapes.' I think it was around £89 a night but it was absolutely brilliant. We were placed in an Executive room with access to the executive lounge which had 24 hours refreshments.
Totally worth it, and we had a lovely stay. Only problem would be that although it has a brilliant location for Croke Park, it is a good 15 minute walk to the centre, we didn't mind though and would 100% return as the room and staff were lovely.

Room Tip: executive rooms are definitely worth it!! rooms on the west side have a view of the train tracks tho...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time and effort to record your valued comments regarding your recent stay at the Croke Park Hotel. I was truly delighted to read that all fourteen of you had a most memorable stay with us.

Our Executive Floor is definitely a great option as guests benefit from exclusive access to the lounge where complimentary refreshments are available throughout the day. Guests can also available of a complimentary evening drink. All executive bedrooms and the Executive lounge have access to complimentary wireless Internet access and turn down service. All bedrooms are well-appointed with plasma TV screens, stereos and under floor heating in your 4-piece bathroom suite.

I look forward to hopefully being able to personally welcome you back to the Croke Park Hotel in the future.

Warmest Regards

Dublin 3

Been to The Croke Park Hotel? Share your experiences!