“Excellent hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 177 hotels in Dublin
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights on a girls break away. Rooms were beautiful and clean, the food excellent and the service spot on, even down to waiting for a taxi in lobby we were offered a hot chocolate while we waited and a box of chocolates on our last night with the friendliest of staff, would definitely recommend and will be returning soon.

• Stayed November 2012
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review on trip advisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and please let me know of any future visits to Dublin - I would be only too happy to look after your reservation needs.

Thank you once again and I look forward welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel.

2,150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is my third visit to this hotel and i love it.Rooms are very comfortable with large bathrooms.All the staff are very good and food is excellent.The hotel has free underground parking and is only 5 mins the city center

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
It gave me great pleasure to read your most kind review, thank you so much and I am delighted to hear that we have continued thus far to provide a service that you consistently enjoy throughout the hotel. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to the rest of my team and I`m sure they will be very appreciative and hopefully next time your experience will be even more enjoyable !

I hope that we will be welcoming you back very soon, please let me know if I can help with future reservations or in any other way.

St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We booked based on reviews, and were not disappointed. From check in to check out, it was very efficient. The desk staff were very, very helpful - booking taxis, morning wake up calls, giving directions, even changed up 100 euro notes when we couldn't get them changed elsewhere. The bedspread was a bit stained, I called and it was changed. One night there was some confusion with the taxi driver as to who booked it. The lady at the front desk actually came out to talk with the driver to get it sorted for us.

We were on the 4th floor, and the continental breakfast was included, lots of choice and delicious.

Did the green bus tour, took the shuttle from outside the hotel (one pick-up time, 9:30). Bought the ticket at the hotel, cost less than buying on the bus.

This had a boutique hotel feel (not like one of the larger impersonal hotels) and was not intimidating the way some better hotels can seem. Also felt secure, you need our key card to go to any floor in the elevator, and when we came back to the hotel a bit late one night, a staff member checked that we were guests (politely though).

Had no trouble with location, I didn't mind walking alone in the daytime and even after my husband and I left a pub and walked back.

Overall the hotel was great, the staff make it excellent, would highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

It may be next door to a massive sports stadium, but in Dublin that a big bonus as all the followers of the Gaelic games will tell you. This is a smart hotel hotel with friendly helpful staff and nice relaxed feel. Modern in style comfortable, with a nice ambiaence you soon slip into comfort mode. The food in the sideline bistro is good and the sideline bar is a great place to hang out. I can't wait to go back!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My father and I stayed here for 6 nights and enjoyed our stay. I would say it s a 3/5 stars.. rooms are of good size and we had a large bathroom with a soaking tub and separate shower. The bar staff is friendly and the food is decent at best. The desserts are great and the wine list is solid. Breakfast gets old after a few days. Concierge Stephen is great. The hotel is about 10-15 minutes walking distance so if you don't want to hoof it then be ready for a taxi. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to record your valued comments regarding your recent stay at the Croke Park Hotel. Firstly I was delighted to read that our team in both Concierge and Food & Beverage took such good care of you and your father.

I was also most disappointed however to learn that you felt we were only worthy of a three star rating and would gladly welcome the opportunity to discuss these in more detail. I can personally assure you that the constructive feedback you have provided us will definitely assist my team in becoming better at what we do.

Located on the North side of the city allows for quick, easy access to Dublin Airport and is only approximately five miles from the airport. The hotel is close enough to allow easy access to Dublin City Centre and all of its attractions but also far enough away to guarantee a perfect, quiet nights’ sleep away from the city revellers. I would like to reassure yourself and other TripAdvisor reviewers that The Croke Park Hotel has an excellent transport network, with several Dublin bus routes stopping nearby. These bus routes service both Dublin Airport and city centre attractions. There is also the touristic Hop-On Hop-Off bus which has a shuttle service stopping directly outside the hotel. Taxis to or from the world-renowned Temple Bar district should cost no more than €10 each way.

I look forward to hopefully being able to personally welcome you back to the Croke Park Hotel in the future.

Warmest Regards

Plymouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, well maintained, good service. The location is not perfect but its only a 15 minute walk into O'Connell St. However during our stay we were disappointed by breakfast as it felt there were not enough staff - we waited ages for someone to take our coffee and toast order and in the end I went to find someone. The plates were not very clean either. In addition we had a defective shower and it took three attempts to get it fixed, so two days with barely luke warm water. Lastly beware Gaelic match days when the stadium empties into the hotel after the games - it then becomes extremely difficult to get bar food and drinks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete our online review regarding your visit to The Croke Park Hotel. We most certainly appreciate receiving all feedback, be it positive or negative, thus affording us the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel.

As you rightly mention, the hotel does indeed become very busy on match days, this however we feel creates a great atmosphere in the hotel as Croke Park holds a special place in the affections of the Irish people. It is the spiritual home of our native Gaelic games. It’s a place where mighty sporting warriors contest for the most coveted trophies in Irish sport and where legends of our games have made their claims to immortality. And located next to this great sporting shrine, The Croke Park Hotel plays its own unique part in Irish and Dublin life.

I note that there were however, a few points mentioned in the review that you felt were below par, please kindly contact me on the contact details below to discuss further should you so wish. We strive to provide our guests with memorable luxury experiences, but it appears your stay with us was memorable for the wrong reasons. It is my goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future..

Tipperary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The Croke Park is a great place to spend a weekend in the city. They enjoy an enviable location overlooking Ireland most iconic sports stadium and are close to both the airport and the city center. A great place to enjoy the city while having some peace and quiet at the same time. the layout is quite modern and spacious, beds are very comfortable.

Room Tip: executive rooms are worth the upgrade ..