“Excellent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane

You added Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane to your Saves list
Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cardiff Lane, Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland   |
Ranked #32 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
UK
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip. The staff were really helpful, the facilities were good and the rooms were great. The location is great. Could be improved with better toiletries - not a fan of the squeezy soap bottle.

I did not eat here but the food was reasonably priced. If I ever come back to Dublin, I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
conorokane, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear tankgirl2008,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent stay with us here at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff were friendly and helpful. I hope your business trip was a success. Thank you for your recommendation regarding the toiletries, please be assured I will pass them onto the team here. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Conor O’Kane,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Polish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I had a 1 night stay at the Maldron as part of a CIE Tour. Clean, comfortable rooms with nice bath, free Wifi, and friendly desk staff. The service in the bar was very slow, but our group was large, and I believe the wait staff was doing their best to keep up. The food in the carvery was outstanding- wonderful Salmon with a lemon cream sauce and fresh vegetables. Great value. I highly recommend as central location for touring lovely Dublin.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Eurogirl 454,

Thanks you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am glad you enjoyed your visit with CIE tours and I trust you enjoyed touring Dublin with them. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the food in the carvery and please be assured I will pass your wonderful comments to the Chef. I am sorry that the service was slow in the bar for your drinks unfortunately with large groups, sometimes it is not possible to attend to everyone as quickly but thank you for your feedback and I will pass it on to the manager to be utilized constructively. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel on your next adventure in Dublin.

Conor O’Kane,
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I had my friends visiting from Cork , for the weekend and I booked them in for two days, they have enjoyed the stay and said breakfast service was excellent, room was large, clean and bright and the location is obviously excellent for entertainment!
I live and work in the area myself love coming to Maldron hotel either for my lunch break or after work drinks with friends, nice atmosphere, professional staff.
I'm a member of Club Vitae , witch is the only fitness and health club around that has swimming pool, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi and is family friendly! prices reasonably good.
Thanks to the staff who makes the experience exciting, great variety of fitness classes too, where getting fit is fun but not easy! Thanks to all great people there, Ciaran, Ciaran R, Niamh, and others! They obviously know what they doing , good job

Room Tip: Go for corner suits!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
conorokane, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear V C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted to hear that your friends enjoyed their stay and that you continuously enjoy coming to Club Vitae and Vertigo bar. Please be assured I will pass on your wonderful comments to the team. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the gym in the very near future.

Zoeterwoude, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Perfectly located for business as it is only a few minute walk from the heart of Dublin, this is one of the best hotel I have been. Large rooms and comfortable beds. Great breakfast.
But the added bonus is the gym which is much better than most hotel gyms. Cardio, weights, swimming pool, sauna and even aerobic classes are not the common thing in an hotel. Add a very friendly gym staff to the picture and you know why this is a first choice hotel!
Well done!

Dear gscaramelli,

Thank you for giving feedback on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here and that you got to make use of our leisure facilities. Please be assured I will pass on you wonderful comments to the Club Vitae team. It is so wonderful that you enjoyed your stay and we helped make your trip to Dublin a memorable one. All the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Partry, County Mayo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We are the Rocks 'n' Roses choir from Castlebar, Co. Mayo. We won free tickets for our group with irish rail and we chose to use them to visit Dublin. We decided to book for West Side Story and therefore stay at the Maldron on cardiff lane just next to the bord gais theatre on the 8th of november 2013. Little did we know that the pre theatre dinner in the hotel restaurant was a show in itself!!!

We took our seats in the restaurant stalls and were entertained throughout by Anton, who had us all conducted with perfect precision in each movement of our courses. He was a jovial chap who had us all doing the hands up to quickly ascertain which diner required which dish in lightening blitzkrieg fashion.

A friendly banter between Anton and the group ensured an enjoyable dining experience for all. He had his staff trained in a Napoleonic battle strategy of brisk efficiency and without Anton we would never have made it to the show on time. We work on mayo time and thank goodness Anton does not.

Myself and my friend asked for an alternative to a sugary dessert and Anton kindly proffered a fresh fruit salad. As I am a wheelchair user, my friend and I had to leave early, thus Anton kindly promised to serve our fruit salad after the show.

The show was a resounding triumph of story telling, songs, music and a stunning display of lightening choreography.

We all headed back to the mezzanine bar at the Maldron and low and behold, Anton brought our dishes of fresh fruit salad to our table with a flourish as promised.

The whole evening was showtime for our group and looking back, Anton was truly the star turn!! Since arriving back in mayo, I had to write a story of our trip to enter a competition to win 500 euros for our choir. I wrote alternative lyrics to Bernstein's score of "America" entitled "Amayochoir" and Anton is featured in the 4th verse of our song. We will be singing about Anton for evermore in mayo.

A BIG THANKS ANTON FOR A JOB WELL DONE!!!!!!
Rosie Lowe and the Rocks 'n' Roses Choir of Castlebar

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Rosielowe,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent experience at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I was truly delighted reading your review. It is wonderful to hear such lovely comments about Ante and the team. I am thrilled that you enjoyed Wicked, your trip to Dublin and that we managed to give your trip an extra flare. Please be assured that I will pass on your great feedback to Ante and the rest of the team here. We all look forward to welcoming you and your choir back to the hotel on your next adventure in Dublin.

Bangor, Co-Down
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We recently stayed at the hotel as part of my parents' Golden Anniversary celebrations. 11 of us arrived at various times and on various days and the staff were able to provide rooms which were near to each other. The hotel was approx 10-15 mins walk to O'Connell Street and close to The Bord Gais Theatre and the O2. It was also about 10 mins walk from Connolly Station. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and some of us got balconies. The staff were very helpful, particularly Ian, who assisted with organising our meals and even e-mailed the rest of the staff to ensure everything went smoothly. Martin (O'Kane) also was extremely considerate, ensuring my parents had everything they needed. I can recommend this hotel and would certainly return. A very enjoyable stay!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
conorokane, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear JOOLS72013,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am very happy to hear that your parent’s anniversary was a success and that we were able to help provide a memorable experience for you all. Please be assured I will pass on your wonderful comments to Ian, Martin and the team. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next time you are in Dublin.

Warm regards,
Warsaw, Warszawa, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Slept in Maldron Cardiff Lane during my business trip in Dublin. It was a long stay and I really enjoyed it; big room with balcony, good dinners at the restaurant, excellent service (couple of time I had extra requests for the room and they were fulfilled without any problem). On top of this, there is the swimming pool with Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna which is absolutely amazing (including the blonde lady at the reception ;) ). Breakfast is good and big but if I were to improve something, I would provide a bigger offer of vegetables and fruit. The hotel is on walking distance from Temple Bar and Grafton street and by the Liffey, so you can easily enjoy your nights out and weekends.

Room Tip: I would go for a room on the 3rd floor or higher
Dear Martino S,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent experience at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and made us of all the facilities we have to offer. Please be assured your lovely comments will be passed on to the team. Thank you for making the recommendation regarding breakfast and I will bring it to the attention of the kitchen. I hope the team and I can welcome you back to the hotel on your next trip to Dublin.

Warm regards,
Conor O’Kane

Been to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane? Share your experiences!