“was good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane

Save Saved
You added Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane to your Saves list
Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cardiff Lane, Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland   |
Ranked #31 of 175 Hotels in Dublin
Ireland
“was good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

we stayed here just for one night wasnt a great location unless going to the o2! rooms were lovely, balconly was lovely to go outside and have a look about! pool is class a girl called axlander i think thats her name was lovely i forgot to bring my swimming hat and she was more than helpful and got me a spare one! lovely girl :) dont no if i stay again as i like to be closer to the city but in all a great stay

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
conorokane, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Hello Denise C,
Thank you for your review of Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay and I will ensure your great feedback is passed on to our staff.
Conor O’Kane,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Polish first
From the UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Nice hotel in a good location in Dublin. Room was clean and comfortable (and quite large) and ticked all the right boxes. Restaurant and bar were quite good but expensive. Breakfast was included and was very nice. Service seemed very good as well - we didn't have to wait long to be served. Overall a very good couple of nights at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hello Horli34,
Thank you for your review of Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am very grateful to you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am delighted to see your stay was enjoyable. I will ensure your feedback is passed on to the team.
Maynooth, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Stayed there fora girls night out. Went to reception to check in and then told to go to the other person. I as checking in at 6.00 andI was then told that my room was not ready as a lot of people had checked in at the same time (this was a bit annoying considering the time it was and the fact that I was going out at 7.30 and had to get ready), I highlighted the fact that I had dinner booked for 7.30 and I needed to get ready. The guy checking me in made me feel like I was bothering him. He then offered me a smoking room, I declined as aI am a recent non smoker. He then offered me a double and I had booked a triple and highlighted the fact that I did not really want to share a bed with my firend. At this stage I was gettting a bit annoyed. I was then asked to wait for my room and sat in reception with out being offered a drink of any sort.

About 25 minuted later our room was ready, my friend and I got ready in quite a hirry as we did not have much time to get changed. The next morning the breakfast was also a let down. You had to queue which was a suprise for a 4* hotel, then the food was sub standard in my opinion very little choice, bad quality and it too so long for the toasted I didn't even bother with toast. Overall not what I would expect from a 4* hotel and I would not consider it value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Rosemkildare,
Thank you for taking your time to review Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am saddened to see you did not have an enjoyable stay here with us. Thank you for bringing the above issues to my attention, and please note this is far from our regular standards of customer care. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues that arose during your time here. I would be very grateful if you could call me on my mobile, +353 87 968 2123 to discuss the above.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Was there in a business trip. Unacceptable room.. Very cold, with only a small heater (no one in the bathroom). The bedroom was too cold and the bathroom even worse. All the rest was acceptable but you can't stay in a cold room in December. Very disappointed. Askex my company to change hotel

• Stayed December 2012
Hello StPats0203
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay in Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am very sorry to see that there were issues with your stay here. Thank you for bringing the above to my attention. I would be very grateful to you if you could call me on my mobile, +353 87 968 2123 to discuss this. Please accept my sincerest apologies as this is far from the usual standard of customer care in Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane.
Winchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Management - if you are reading this then pay careful attention, this is one of the most uniformly mediocre stays I have had in a hotel from arrival to departure in quite some time. You need to step up everywhere. Go and spend a night as a secret shopper in Crowne Plazza Blandchardstown and see what you should be doing. Compare the price, rooms, service, quality and think carefully about your offering.

Very disappointed with this visit. I have been to the Maldron for coffee and various meetings in the past and found it quite good. This is the first time I have stayed and it was very poor.

No WiFi in the bedrooms, iPads don't have UTP ports.
Room was boiling on arrival.
Room smells musty and a bit damp
Rather than four star I woould describe the room as similar to a PremTravelInn at best.
Shower has little pressure making it a slow process
Big crack in the enamel in the bath
Bath plug would not seal rendering a bath no option
Base of bath curved making standing for a shower less comfortable.
Hairs (personal) in bath from previous occupant
Mine still in bath next day suggesting poor cleaning
Bedroom door does not self close fully (Rm 235) as I found out next morning to my alarm as it had been unlocked all night, and possibly the whole first day after I left expecting it to close itself.
WiFi Internet access in public areas slow and poor coverage
Rooms do not appear to be air conditioned so will be interesting in summer it is in the middle of town so if you open the balcony door to cool the room it will be noisy.
Breakfast average quality, bacon appears to be crossed with shoe leather

Checkin was less than friendly and welcoming with staff not looking up to acknowledge people on arrival or having a smile on their face. Where they are busy they do not observe you and say they will be with you in one moment. Staff in the restaurant pretty much the same. Reasonably efficient but not making you feel welcome. Borderline surly. Evening food was acceptable but not exciting. Very few of the staff asked me if everything was okay at any stage.

Can I say anything nice.
The coffee tastes nice.
It is well located for a lot of business and facilities.
Trip to airport from M50 tunnel is quite fast for downtown.

When someone finally asked me if my stay was enjoyable on departure I gave them an answer they seemed surprised to hear. The manager offered to knock 20€ off each day taking it to €100 per day for room only. If I had to peg the value I would say it was worth at best €70 a night. If you are going to try and apologise to a customer for such a poor stay then don't insult them by taking only €20 off the bill, you will only insult them more and end up getting a review like this.

This is not a five or four star hotel. If my room was representative then the rooms are at best three star, the price is four star+. I assume it relies on the close proximity of the O2 offices, arena, theatre and other businesses to remain busy.

I can only suggest this is a last resort.
Poor value for money.

I will not stay here again.I do not recommend it.

Room Tip: It will be in another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hello neverarest,
Thank you for taking your time to review Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane, and thank you for bringing the above issues to my attention. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the problems you encountered, this is far from our regular standards of customer care. I would be very grateful to you if you could call me on my mobile, +353 87 968 2123 to discuss these matters.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Our room on the 5th floor was excellent, lovely big bed, fluffy dressing gowns and slippers with fruit and water. The breakfast in the dining room was a bit chaotic, but in fairness the hotel was very busy.

Room Tip: we were on the 5th Floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
conorokane, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Hello Pfi513,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback of Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. It is a pleasure to read your feedback and to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will pass on your feedback to all of the staff. We look forward to your visit again in the future.

Conor O' Kane,
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The hotel was very clean and nice. We ordered room service, and the food was not very good. All of the staff was friendly and accommodating. The location was a little out of the way. We had to take a taxi most of the time to get to areas such as Temple Bar. To get to Temple Bar or O'Connell Street is about an €8 cab ride. Paulie's Pizza is within walking distance of this hotel and I HIGHLY reccomend going there for delicious pizza, pasta, and appetizers! Overall, we would stay at the Maldron Cardiff again.

• Stayed December 2012
Hello Kimberly R,

Thank you for taking the time to review Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted that you fully enjoyed your stay here and that my staff were very helpful.
Keep an eye out on our website for fantastic deals on your next visit.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon the Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the near future.

Conor O' Kane,

Been to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane? Share your experiences!