“Outstanding customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane

You added Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane to your Saves list
Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cardiff Lane, Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland (Formerly Maldron Hotel)   |
Ranked #40 of 171 Hotels in Dublin
Frankfurt
“Outstanding customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I rarely write reviews, but we had such a great experience at this hotel. The hotel itself is very nice, with very comfortable rooms and elegant common areas. The breakfast was good, and a great value. But what really stood out was the amazing customer service provided by the friendly and helpful staff. When we arrived, my mother was given a room that was still being cleaned. A very small hitch, but the staff were totally on the ball- the manager was already calling my room before my husband even got back downstairs. They upgraded my mother's room, and called to make sure that she was comfortable. The day we left, we got word that a close family member had passed away unexpectedly. The hotel let us stay past check out in our room at no charge, which let my mother and I make phone calls in privacy- a real blessing given the circumstances. Every encounter we had with hotel staff, from managers to housekeeping, was great. I would definitely stay again, and recommend the hotel for anyone visiting Dublin.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank FrankfurtJames
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Hello Frankfurt James,

Thank you for taking your time to review Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane, it is a pleasure to see you all had an enjoyable weekend with us.

I will ensure that your feedback is passed on and utilised correctly.
We hope to welcome you all back very soon.

Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Went back to stay at Maldron, as we thought we would, since we were so impressed last time. Brought along two extra friends with the expectation of the same friendly service and high standards. Thank You! Thank You! for making our stay so cosy, comfortable, clean and convenient. This is the most convenient location for concerts and just what we were looking for - will be back again :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dolores M
Hello Dolores M,

Thank you for your review of Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane and thank you for your loyalty.

I am very happy to see that both you and your friends enjoyed your recent stay with us.
It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the friendly service and and the level of high standards you received during your stay.

I will ensure that your positive feedback is passed on to my team. I look forward to welcoming you both back again to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the very near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here last weekend - was booked as a treat but was disappointed.

Thought the price of the room would reflect the hotel room, facilities, service & spa but it was a let down. Price was of a 5* star but would rate it 3* nothing special.

Hotel looks much better in the photos.
Was booked as a relaxing weekend but didnt sleep well as could hear guests in the next room due to internal door. Spa was open to public, poor standards, cold showers, full of kids.

Best thing about this hotel was the location - walking distance from the Luas (tram) - 15mins from temple bar or a short taxi ride.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Najo83
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this review, October 22, 2015
Dear Najo83

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane has recently re-branded as Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane. We are currently reviewing all historic reviews both positive and constructive feedback so as to enhance guest experience moving forward. We hope to see you again soon at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane and once again thank you for your contribution.

Kind regards,
Conor O’Kane
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Once again I booked in for my weekend shopping trlp to Dublin with my two friends. From the moment we arrived the reception we received from the Manager and his staff was unbelievable. The room service was excellent, the food was first class, I will recommend this hotel to any of my friends who visit Dublin.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Annie M
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Hello Annie M,

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review of Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane and for recommending us. I am delighted to see that you and your friends were so well looked after by the staff here. I will ensure that your feedback is passed onto the excellent team I have here in the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Buenos Aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Prior to arriving at the hotel, I emailed the hotel manager asking for a quiet (and non-adjoining) room with strong internet as I was required to conduct business the day after arriving. I arrived late (around 10 pm) and the front desk clerk really wasn't too interested in my request nor did he mention the email I had from the manager confirming a quiet room. That said, the room actually was very quiet all night. That changed the next day when, right around the time I was starting my conference call, a group of workers (not part of the hotel) began drilling through metal sheets directly beneath my window, disrupting my call and creating quite a bit of noise. I brought it to the "Junior Manager's" attention immediately and then went out for a bit. When I returned, he told me he personally investigated and found no indication of noise - more or less making me feel like a complete fool who was either imagining the noise or making it up. I shot off an email to the general manager, who then called me later that night. He explained that the original desk clerk was new and apologized profusely for my situation. His kindness made what could have been a very bad perception of the hotel into a very positive one.

The noise issue aside, the hotel facilities are terrific. The rooms are large and clean; bathrooms have great water pressure and tons of hot water; and the bed was quite comfortable. Most hotels don't have air conditioning in Dublin and they do tend to get quite hot even in the winter, so during the day I kept the window open to cool the room down for the evening. The maintenance staff were great and even brought a small fan to my room as well.

The health club facilities were very impressive. The pool was very large, heated and very well maintained, and the jacuzzi tub was a nice treat after a day of walking in Dublin. The gym was also very well equipped.

I didn't have breakfast in my package but I did have an outstanding dinner in the hotel restaurant the last night. I started with a salmon tartare and ended with a sirloin steak that was grilled to perfection. On top of it all, the wait staff couldn't have been nicer.

The location is along one of the quays and about a 15 minute walk to Temple Bar or Grafton Street. I enjoy walking so this was good excercise for me, but I was told there is a trolley nearby that is an affordable option to taxis (which cost about 6-7 euro) to Temple Bar.

I think if the front desk staff were better trained and more service focused, I would have given this hotel a five-star rating.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Matthewfromct
conorokane, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Hello Matthewfromct,

Thank you for taking your time to review Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane, it is a pleasure to see you had an enjoyable stay with us, I am proud to see that even though a slight issue arose with your stay, this was dealt with in a prompt and professional manner.

I will ensure that your feedback is passed on and utilised correctly.
We hope to see you back very soon.

Marianne McSharry,
Guest Relations Manager
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed with my 3 young kids in this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed it. The room was a good size with a double, single, camp bed & cot. I ended up sleeping on the camp bed & I couldn't complain about it. Cot was very clean which i find isn't the case in most hotels. Free wifi in the room was great. Loads of towels as well.

The reception staff were very nice & gave little colouring in packs to the kids she they loved.

The leisure centre was lovely, spotless clean. The kiddy pool is a little small but it was quiet when we were there so it was fine.

Bar was nice, staff weren't as friendly as the rest of the hotel but were fine. We didn't eat in the hotel so I can't comment on it.

Parking is in the theatre across the road. If you intend checking into the hotel & then driving somewhere don't use the car park as the reduced rate is only for overnight (€12) I got charged €9 for 3 hours. You're better off parking on the street up from the hotel although there aren't many spots.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and intend to return in the new year.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank caoimdee
Hello Caoimdee,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am delighted to hear that you and your children enjoyed your recent stay with us.
I am glad to hear that my staff played a part in making your family’s stay a delight.
Do remember to check out our website for special family packages when making your next booking.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Maldron Cardiff Lane in the near future.

Galway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed in the Maldron for two nights in November 2012 as we were going to a concert in the Point. It's a great location for concerts there - or for a show in the Grand Canal Theatre, which is only down the street (and is over the car park that the hotel recommends using). Lots of nice restaurants on Grand Canal square too, even if you're not going to a show.

Car parking was 15 euro for 24 hours if you pre-book - but when we got to the hotel they mentioned that we could have got it for 12 if we had booked the parking through the hotel - so: lesson learned for next time!

The hotel itself is clean, bright and spacious, if a little dated. Standard breakfast buffet, served until 10 a.m., with complimentary newspaper. As we were just using the Maldron as a base for the concert and because it was a 5-minute walk from the excellent 'Luas' line tram, we didn't use the bar, restaurant or leisure facilities - so can't comment on those.

There was no issue with moving rooms though - the hotel were fine with that and gave us a room at the front (Cardiff Lane) side with a little balcony - much appreciated. Overall - no complaints, and anytime we're going to the Point or the Grand Canal Theatre, we'll be back to the Maldron.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DaveGalway
Hello Dave Galway,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. We are perfectly located for both the Point and Grand Canal Theatre. Keep an eye on our website for our special concert and theatre packages.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.