“Great Location Before An Early Morning Flight” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 20% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #73 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Tampa, Florida
“Great Location Before An Early Morning Flight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed there for one night before an early morning flight out of Dublin Airport. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very large and comfortable.

The night I stayed there was a bank holiday so the bar was very crowded. I would normally have eaten at the bar since I was traveling by myself, but I ended up eating in the restaurant. When I got there, there were only three other people in the restaurant and the service was excellent. As my food arrived, I over heard them planning for a party of 10 and planned to sit them where I was sitting. After that, I felt like they were trying to rush me out. No one asked me if I wanted another drink and they repeatedly asked me if I was done. Luckily, the food more than made up for it.

The breakfast buffet started at 6:30 and had an excellent variety of food. I would allow for extra time at breakfast. A large group arrived at breakfast the same time and there was a long line.

I stayed at 5 different hotels during my stay. This was the only hotel that charged me for internet access in my room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Erin 311,

Thank you kindly for your review.

First of all let me apologise for your experience in the restaurant. I am really sorry you felt like the staff was trying to rush you out and please rest assured that I have shared your comments with the Food and beverage Manager for further investigation and action. I am really sorry about the whole situation.

With regards to the Internet the charge is set up by Hilton standards however we provide complimentary wifi in the public areas. Your feedback is appreciated and I have shared it with the management team.

Dear Erin 311, I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future and if there is anything I can do for you please feel free to e-mail me eva.szakacs@hilton.com and I would be delighted to look after you.

Hilton Dublin Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed here in July 2013 for 1 night only before our flight back home.
We returned our rental car at the airport an then were picked up by the shuttle bus of the Hotel. (It drives everey ~40 min - u can find the location of the station easily on their website)
Our room was really big and had a huge TV-screen. It also was very clean. Staff was very helpfull and friendly. The food in the bar is ok and the waiter seemed to be a really nice guy.
The next morning we were brought to the airport by Shuttle Bus at 4:30 am.
Overall a really great place for your last night in Dublin/Ireland.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gerald W,

Thank you kindly for detailed your review. It looks like you had a great stay with us and found our facilities and services excellent.

Thank you for acknowledging our staff for their friendliness and helpfulness, they are indeed a great asset to our hotel and it’s great to know that you have been looked after very well.

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor and we are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had a lovely meal in the bistro and the selection of food for breakfast was very good. We appreciated that our dogs were welcome in the hotel and the staff were very pleasant. Our room was very comfortable, although there were noisy guests returning to their room during the night, which disturbed our sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you kindly for your review and thank you for taking the time to fill out also our online guest satisfaction survey.

I am really sorry to hear about your experience with the noisy neighbours, I totally understand your frustration. Unfortunately these situations are out of out control unless you let us know straight away and we can send our security staff up to the room. I am really sorry about your lost sleep.

I am glad you enjoyed the services at Burnells and I hope your little dog enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back for a much quieter stay and if there is anything I can do for you please feel free to get in touch with me directly and I will be delighted to assist you.

Cheshire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Travelled to Dublin on business and always use this hotel for the convenience of location - close to the airport and the availability of a shuttle bus.
Rooms are a good size, everything worked well and the furniture and décor is bright and modern.
Staff are very friendly and service is prompt and efficient.
Lounge bar and restaurant is well presented. Breakfast was very good & plenty of choice typical for a Hilton.
Overall a much better option than other hotels which may be closer to the airport but lack the quality of the Hilton.
A special thank you to the front of house staff who booked me into a complimentary taxi for my airport shuttle when the hotel shuttle was delayed returning from the airport run - much appreciated and epitomized that Hilton service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear MySuitcase,

Thank you so much for taking a time to write such a lovely review on us. It is needless to say that we are absolutely delighted with your comments.

Thank you for acknowledging our staff for their friendliness and I am glad the front desk staff managed to help you out on the day of your departure.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back for another great stay with us.

East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

A family of 5, International travel frequently for the past 7 years.
We booked 2 rooms, stayed 2 nights in this Hilton hotel on August 1-3, 2013. Never been disppointed for all the Hilton hotels we've stayed. Great rooms, great staff, and good access to transportation.
We took the Air Coach bus from Belfast to Dubblin airport. From there we took advantage of the HIlton free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. On the way back to airport, we paid 2 euros per person. It's best to reserve at the time of arrival if you plan to ride the hotel shuttle back to the airport for your departure. We forgot to do that until the night before. Hilton's shuttle schedules were full, but they were very nice to put us overflow to a taxi van. We would have to pay much more if we call our own taxi.
The staff were courteous and friendly. They were always willing to help when we needed them.
There is a Tesco, big super market across the street, very convenient.
To get to the town center is about 30 minutes; the bus station is just across the street.
bus tickets - About several stores down from Hilton (on the same block), there is another covenience store that sells the bus tickets, and you can busy or eat breakfast at a very reasonable rate if you are on a budget travel. We purchased day tickets for 6.90 Euroes per person; child fare (less than 16yr) is about 1/2 price. It worths more to get the weekly fare If you stay more than 3 days.
The Hotel is about 15 minutes ride from the airport, so allow 2 hours for departure.

Overall, we were very satisfied staying at this hotel. We prefer to stay closer to the center, but if the hotel keeps the reasonable rate they offer, we would stay here again if we visit Dublin next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear QPC326,

Thank you so much for taking a time to write such a detailed review on us.

We love to receive feedback from experienced “Hilton travellers” and we are delighted to hear that we did not disappoint you during your two nights stay with us with your family.

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Belfast and I am glad you found our free shuttle from the airport very useful. With regards to the booking it is indeed required in advance on the way back and I am really sorry the schedules were full the day you needed to go back to the airport. I am pleased to hear that our lovely reception team sorted this situation out for you and I hope you had a pleasant flight home.

With regards to our location I totally agree with you, our location is very convenient if you are looking to get into town or go to the airport. We provide excellent transport links and you can get great one day or weekly tickets in the Spar nearby. Thank you kindly for sharing this information with the other Tripadvisor travellers.

Dear QPC326, thank you again for taking a time to write this review and it is needless to say that we are very much looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Hilton Dublin Airport.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton and would revisit with my wife in the future. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Its very convenient with transport links to the city and the airport and would recommend this hotel for both business and pleasure.I would appreciate being advised of any special offers.

Dear John H,

Thank you kindly for your lovely review, it is highly appreciated.

I am delighted to hear that you found our staff very helpful and our location convenient, I couldn’t agree with you more. I am especially happy to hear that you are considering coming back to stay with us. This is the biggest compliment of all for us.

If you wish to receive more information about special offers I would highly recommend you to sign up for our Hilton Honors program on http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/index.html and you will be able to earn extra points for every stay and get the best deals online.

Dear John H, thank you again for your review and hope to see you back again. If you need any assistance with HH just drop me a line, you have my e-mail address.

Millburn, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

When I booked the Hilton on line I chose the hotel because I knew the name. It does not deserve to be called an airport hotel because of the distance away from Dublin airport. We passed many closer hotels. Then they had the nerve to charge 2 euros for the shuttle ride to the airport. You can do better elsewhere. I understand the shuttle from Dublin airport, while free, is inconvenient to reach and does not come often.

Dear Lynne C,

Thank you kindly for your review.

I am really sorry that our location was not to your satisfaction. As I mentioned in my e-mail last week we are located 7 km from the Airport and this information is displayed on our website and on all our third party websites as well.

With regards to the shuttle charge this has been implemented as of 1st January 2013 and again, we have displayed this information on the website as well as on the reception and in the guest rooms.

Thank you again for your feedback and hope to welcoming you back in the future.

Hilton Dublin Airport

Been to Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!