“Poor customer interaction” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 177 hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Poor customer interaction”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Generally I would not take the time to write a review for bad customer interaction however the service we recieved from 1 particular staff member (Michael at reception) was not acceptable. I requested the assistance of michael who responded in such a rude manner, of course answered all the questions i had but in a manner that made me feel that I was a burdon. He continued to check in another guest using limited eye contact with both. (I can only imagine how that guest felt) After spending alot of money in the bar on a family meal I was so disapointed with this reaction. I don't have much experience in the hotel industry but i do know that this is not it. I have visited the hilton alot but this reaction would make me think twice the next time. May I add the bar staff were excellent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Eva S, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Brianna,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor about us. All feedback is most appreciated and is used in a very constructive manner.

I hope you enjoyed your dinner at the bar and I am very sorry to hear about your experience on the reception. I am really sorry you feel that way and rest assured that we have taken your comment on board.

We take pride in providing expectional service in the Hotel and I hope you will give us a second chance to prove that to you.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Kindest regards,

1,006 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Did an overnight here to catch an early flight the next morning. Room comfortable with all amenities. Good size bathroom. Had an evening meal wiith 3 others in the restaurant. It was pretty standard fare and none of us were very impressed with the quality - best described as 'just satisfactory'. Staff professional and friendly. Airport shuttle good. Altogether, a pleasant experience in a nice hotel. Would visit again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear JJWals,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear that overall you had a pleasant experience here at the Hilton Airport and you would visit us again. I hope next time you will enjoy our brand new bar menu as well.
We are looking forward to seeing you back!
Kindest regards,
Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for only one night. However, we were allowed to check in early. Because of the hotel's location on Malahide Road, we were able to catch a bus in front of the hotel and visit central Dublin. The hotel itself was a pleasure. The reception staff were extremely personable and helpful. Our room was spacious, spotless, and equipped with all the necessary amenities. We had dinner and breakfast in the hotel, and both were excellent, in terms of quality of preparation and service. The driver of the courtesy shuttle had a great sense of humor and was extremely attentive and helpful with our luggage. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone flying out of Dublin.

Room Tip: Can't say. But most rooms have a good view of the surrounding area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Railman,
I would like to thank you personally for leaving such a glorious review on Tripadvisor, it is highly appreciated. I am glad you found our location convenient, the room spotless and our staff extremely personable and helpful. It is our pleasure to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We cannot wait to welcoming you back in the future!
Warm regards,
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Hotel is good to stay ...Nice Gym ....no Complimentary Breakfast....No swimming pool..Stayed for almost 3 weeks...

In house food is good. Good Staff Behaviour.

Hotel is Cheap to stay compared to other Hilton Hotel in the City.

Room Tip: Rooms are good on Higher Floors
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Husainbaj,
Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor. It's nice to know that overall you enjoyed your long stay with us and thank you for your feedback. With regards to the breakfast, please feel free to send me your reservation details so I can have a look on your rate & find out why the breakfast was not included. My e-mail address is eva.szakacs@hilton.com.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Warm regards,
Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I usually stay at a Marriott but none close to the airport and my husband had Hilton points that need to be used !!
Early December I traveled from Belfast to Dublin airport by bus arriving 6.30pm and had great difficulty in finding where to pick up the hotels shuttle bus in the dark, but as a previous reviewer has stated this is due to airports lack of signs rather than the hotels fault.
It was a busy night so the wait in the cold was rather long ! and I was rather surprised to find that instead of the hotel being on the airport perimeter we were headed back up the motorway I'd just come down !
However despite the 15- 20 min ride the drivers are very professional and friendly and will advise which shuttle to book for a return journey depending on your flight time.
The check in was fast and welcoming and they sorted out a phone query I had for international codes graciously. (there was no phone book in room.)
King bed and huge room , wonderful view 4th floor , Very pleased with the accommodation. Clean and large bathroom.
I ate in the bar as the dining room was fully booked,(the hotel appeared to be full of overseas athletes )
Fish and chips plus Guinness was excellent and plentiful. The bar manager asked if there was a problem with the meal as I had not eaten all the fish and seemed concerned and asked if he could replace with anything else despite me assuring him that the food was very good. ( I'd had a large lunch )
I had an early flight the next morning and as I was flying to USA ( you have to clear customs as well as security and this adds to the normal time you need to make your flight, allow at LEAST two and a half hours ) I hate the alarm connected to the TV as I am always worried that it won't work ! so I called down to reception for a 4.30am call
.At 4.30am exactly the call came and it was the receptionist not an automated call....very impressed ,wish the Marriott would take note!
Driver waiting to load luggage in reception and the shuttle left promptly at the advertised time
( I believe they now charge for the return journey,be aware if you are low on euros !)
All in all I would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear bbduncan,
Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and I am delighted to read your comments. I am happy to see that overall you had a very nice experience here at the Hilton Dublin Airport and we are very much looking forward to seeing you back in the near future. Kind regards, Eva Szakacs
Jersey, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed on business recently. Tried it instead of Radisson at airport which is poor. This is a better than average Hilton. The hotel is a couple of miles from the terminal, but there is an efficient shuttle bus with friendly staff on both trips. 10 minute drive. Pick up point took a bit of finding adjacent to T 1, but that's due airport signage, not the Hilton

Good and spacious room, €95 for B and B with newspaper mineral water and chocs in room. Good breakfast. Comfortable bed, good bathroom

Would recommend

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Jerseyman1,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor. It goes without saying that we were thrilled with your comments. I am glad you found a great deal and everything was to your satisfaction. We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards, Eva Szakacs
Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

coasting along on the name recognition. The underground pay parking was hostile, you had to park the car and get out of it, in order to contact reception by intercom to open the gates to let you in. The signage down there for the hotel entrance, and then again for the exit was hard to find and poorly lit.

The superior room was large and overfurnished, but the bed looked cold and uninviting, covered as it was just with white sheets We had to snuggle under the supplied dressing gowns to feel cosy. There was only one easy chair. It took up loads of space with its footstool but there was only room for one person on it.

The bar food was lacklustre. I thought you couldn't go wrong with a Beef and Guiness pie plus cooked vegetables. The pastry was good, but the meat tough and the gravy very thin and overly greasy. The cooked vegetables were cold and crisp.

On the plus side, the bathroom and toiletries were nice and the staff friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!