“Really happy with my stay at this hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley

Save Saved
You added Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Liffey Valley Complex | on the M50/N4 intersection at Liffey Valley, Dublin 22, Ireland   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #111 of 177 hotels in Dublin
Galway, Ireland
“Really happy with my stay at this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I just spent a few nights at the Clarion Liffey Valley and I was really pleased with it. First of all a big thank to all the staff but in particular Victoria who made my stay so much more pleasant by her friendly and helpful manner. I also loved the location of my room on the first floor close to the conferencing centre which was very convenient for me plus it was really quiet even though the hotel was very busy. The breakfast was lovely and in a nice bright setting. Being so close to the Liffey Valley shopping centre was a nice bonus. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are attending a conference ask for a room on the first floor. I had one facing the lobby and...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Roman H, Manager at Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear MRB22,
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay and even more that you'd recommended it to others. We hope to see you with us again soon.

1,034 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Greek first
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I recently satyed in this hotel for a bit of a midweek break with my partner. We got the hotel at a great price but after reading the reviews i was a little worried. I have to stay some people will complain about anything. we parked in the underground car park although a cost was involved the car was secure. on entering reception we were checked in within a few minutes. No Wait.
we were on the lower ground floor which again i was worried about until i got into the room. The rooms are a good size, comfortable and had a few greats night sleep. shower over a bath which was just ok, was hard to get the temp right but no complaints about the bathroom in general. The tv had a good selection of channels but we just used the free wi-fi and watch what we wanted on our tablets. The room had a safe which was easy to work. Alos had a fridge whcih was very cold and great for putting a bottle of wine into.we had food one night in the hotel which was lovely, ther service was a bit slow but they were busy. we never used the leisure facilites so i can not comment on them but they seem to have people coming and going all the time.

This is a busy hotel, alot of business people staying mid week any way.

There is a shopping centre located within walking distance of the hotel that has verious places to eat. Would recoommed eddie rocktes. and a very large number of shops. It is also has a large cinema which was great for something to do.

We never ventured into Dublin so not sure about the travel into the city centre.

I have to say i was very please with my stay here and I will be returning.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Katey-882,
Thank you for taking time to write such nice review. It's nice to see that our effort and hard work don't go unnoticed. I sincerely hope you will choose us for your next visit and maybe even take advantage of our leisure facilities which could make your experience I little bit more special.
Antrim, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

There were 4 adults and 3 children staying in this large appt. Two king size rooms, one ensuite and a bed in living room for Two boys. Cot provided for toddler. Loads of space.
Excellent breakfast and lovely meal in evening in Kudos bar, service very good.
Helpful staff at swimming pool.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Antrimsean,
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you here with us again soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Where to start. I have been staying in the hotel for 4/5 years now and it was the only place i would have stayed great location great value service and food but after last nite 19/01/14 i don't think ill be back.
1. I used to never pay for my son when we booked room only but this time we were charged for him.
2. Room service has gone down hill couldn't get a few chips for my son after 11pm why have it on room service menu if i cant order it.
3. No breakfast in the room didn't do it anymore come on.
4. I have a disabled parking pass and ALL the parking spaces were used by work vans last nite i had to park at the far end of the car park in standard space and to make it worse when i went to my car this morning a pr*ck had park so close to my drivers door i had to ask someone else to climb across my seats and drive my car out so i could get into it. And when i spoke to the guy at the desk last nite he really didn't seem to care to be honest real let down.
5. Breakfast oh my god €25 for two dry tasteless breakfasts no need to say anymore about this i don't think.

As i said i have used this hotel for years and to find it this bad this time was a shock it is not the same and i feel it is such a petty as it was for me a perfect location up to now.

• Stayed January 2014
Roman H, Manager at Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear MMurphy300,
Thank you for taking time to write this review. I am extremely disappointed to read about your issues. Even though our room service menu states what time we stop serving hoot food, our chefs could have been more flexible and for that I apologize. We're trying our best to deal with the car park situation and are looking to introduce clamping company. I sincerely hope this experience will not discourage you from coming back again and maybe even take advantage of booking your breakfast in advance, which makes it considerably cheaper. If you'd like to discuss this in more detail, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at rherynek@clarionhotelliffeyvalley.com

newtownards,n.ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

i stay here quite often,its good value,the rooms are clean and a good size.the breakfast room is very good but the quality of breakfast is poor,the usual large chain offering -totally bland-just have tea/coffee and toast.the staff vary,the most annoying thing is that the check in staff also answer the telephone as well,so when they are dealing with you they are often interrupted by the telephone -it really is rude and something i have never seen before,they need to invest in a call centre to handle bookings by phone! also make sure your room is near the entrance or you will have a long walk.the pool is a nice bonus.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Roman H, Manager at Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Tigerdw,
Thank you for taking time to write this review. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with the exception of check-in. For that I apologize and hope this wont change your opinion about us as we hope to see you here again with us soon.
Lisburn, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Room wasn't serviced, we had to wait 45 mins for extra duvet as we were only given a single duvet for 2 people! Slats on the bed were broke, we had a room beside the lift and fire doors that we had to listen to all night with people coming and going. We booked a suite for a family trip for my husbands birthday and were bitterly disappointed. No tea and coffee supplied in the suite and the 2nd bed was a pullout sofa. They ran out of plates at breakfast, had to wait 20 mind for a cup of coffee and ended up getting it ourselves, cleanliness of dining room terrible as was the service and attitudes of staff.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sian H,
Thank you for writing this review. I am shocked to see how bad your stay was. I passed your notes to my superiors to make sure this will not happen again as it is our aim to make sure that all our guests are leaving our hotel are happy that they chose us. I am sincerely sorry that your stay wasn't to your full satisfaction. If you'd like I would be happy to discuss your stay in detail. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly on rherynek@clarionhotelliffeyvalley.com
Longford, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night & I have to say it wasn't great, firstly it took about 30 mins to check in by the slowest person EVER!! I was very tired & in the time it took the receptionist to check us in, 3/4 other people were checked in by someone else! Then you have the LONG walk to get to your room once you're out of the lift, the room looked lovely, but the bathroom was a TOTAL let down, the bath mat was full of blue mold & the tile grout was absolutely filthy,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Roman H, Manager at Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Jill-i2013,
Thank you for writing this review. I noticed that you stayed with us in the beginning of the summer 7 months ago, which was very busy period, so I apologize for the long wait at reception. Since than all the rooms went through thorough deep clean and not once. All bath mats have been replaced with new ones and are stored different way to prevent the mold build-up. I sincerely apologize for the experience and hope to see you here with us again soon. Should you need any assistance with your future booking, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at rherynek@clarionhotelliffeyvalley.com.
Duty Manager

Been to Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley? Share your experiences!