“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley

Save Saved
You added Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Liffey Valley Complex | on the M50/N4 intersection at Liffey Valley, Dublin 22, Ireland   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #111 of 177 hotels in Dublin
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The room was gorgeous. It had a balcony where we could see the whole liffey valley area. It was so gorgeous. The hotel was clean and the room service was excellent. Ive never had fried rice that good before! It was quiet and i enjoyed my time there so much. The staffs were really friendly and helpful. The cinema and mall were just a short distance away so it was a big plus. I even wanted to extend my stay but the hotel was fully booked the next day (go figure why it was so good!). Thanks to the staffs for making my stay so enjoyable. Definately would stay there again n yes, if ur thinking whether or not to stay there..do it!u wont regret it!

• Stayed May 2013
Andrzej P, Manager at Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Adele,

It gave me great pleasure to read your review, thank you so much and I am delighted to hear that we continue to provide a service that you enjoy throughout the hotel. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to the rest of my team and I`m sure they will be very appreciative.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future

1,035 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Greek first
Limerick
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Room needs a deep clean. Chair in room was filthy! Breakfast was disappointing. Pastries had obviously been baked day before. Were not fresh. Had booked 2 rooms through booking agency but only one booking had transferred to hotel. Thankfully was room for second one but could have been a disaster! Sloppy!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Andrzej P, Manager at Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Daer Anne D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with your feedback.. I was most disappointed to learn of the issues you encountered during your stay with us and would gladly welcome the opportunity to discuss these in more detail.

I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me on aplatek@clarionhotelliffeyvalley.com or on 01 625800 to discuss your stay in more detail.

Limerick, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

stayed here for 1 night b&b with my partner and toddler june weekend! really disappointed with this hotel. We were never told checking in we needed to have a "reservation" for eating in the restaurant, we were guests so clearly we thought we could walk in and pay for it then! in all fairness they would of made more money with people walking in paying for their dinner rather than it being included in your stay! but no we were told we needed a reservation and were told half 8 we could come back...am no not with a 3 year old hungry toddler it was six o clock! we got breakfast up to the room the next morning which was a disaster, half the breakfast was missing i ordered for 3 people and got basically 2 sausages scrambled egg and bacon and got charged €15! absolute joke would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

we arrived to find that we were upgraded to an apartment, which was briliant, the place was massive, huge kitchen, huge sitting room, the food for the breakast was lovely.. home away from home!! the reception and restaurant staff were all so friendly! we will be defo back again soon to relax in the great hotel/apartment.

Room Tip: we stayed in the apartments and found it very quiet in the apartment block..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear JoJoyce,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with your feedback. I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and I will be passing this onto the rest of my team.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the future

Andrzej Platek
Meelick
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I'm a business traveller and as such, amenities like pools etc don't concern me, all I want is a clean and efficient space.

Check-in was fine, nice friendly staff and no waiting. My room, 307, was stinking of some cleaning agent/deodouriser, a smell which was noxious in the extreme. I thought opening a windoe might help, but the window only barely openens, and was in fact already open. This is when I noticed cigarette burns in the curtains. The smell was probably masking the tobacco smell in the room.

Usual battered old TV with the wrong aspect ratio (I work in tv, sorry!)

I rang down to change rooms and this turned out to be no problem, thankfully.

Dinner was average, no actual problems, but it came quickly and was well presented... No problems with breakfast either.

There was a 21st in the hotel on the night I stayed so it was overrun with luminious dresses and fake tan! Hardly a fault of the hotel, but some of the younger (local) clientele in the main bar were a bit rough.

I did not book this hotel, and I would not choose to stay here, ever, nor would I recommend it. Cleanliness is paramount in a hotel stay, and the rooms are obviously abused and not maintained well, and really let the rest of the hotel down.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
San Jose, Costa Rica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The room itself was nice. The internet cable was too short and had to buy a longer one. If you don't mind sitting at the desk surfing the net, then it's okay. The speed was great. The room was clean. There wasn't a mini bar, but there was room service (3 euro fee).

Here's something to remember: When you arrive in the evening around 6 or so, everyone and I mean everyone is in line waiting to check in. The hotel restaurant was on reservation only (book ahead). However, the bar was open and lots of places to sit. The food was okay too. If you eat first while everyone is checking in, by the time you're done, everyone is either in their room or trying to find a seat in the bar. It worked out really well for me this way.

This is a kid friendly hotel. There were about 30 or so children in the place when I checked in. I wasn't really happy about being in a hotel with that many kids. Here's the good news. This place is huge, and they put families in a different section of the hotel. I couldn't believe how quiet it was. There's also a little play area for them. I don't think kids really use it, unless they just built it. It looks new.

The room was clean but remove the decorative pillows and decorative top on the bed. These things don't seem to be washed. I watched the maid toss them back on the bed. I never saw any of those things in the housekeeper's laundry bag. The other things were clean, even the duvet cover was washed. The pillows were a little to flat for me, but there are six in the room. The room was HOT but there was a fan, which helped. I found out that a lot of places in Ireland don't have air conditioning because of the weather there. I was there when it was warm. There is a gym and a pool that was well kept. Remember to bring a swimming cap if you want to go in the pool. There is a sauna and whirlpool.

Don't get the breakfast! I read the other views on this site about it and they are right! Ten euros isn't worth it. I got sick and I know it was from that because I was fine until then. Most hotels have a free breakfast and this should have been one of those places. The food is way too simple and stay away from the meat! There is a restaurant next door, go there!

There are only two people at the check-in counter. I think the stress of having so many people come at them at once hinders their ability to be friendly. Not a lot of happy faces behind the counter. I had problems charging things to my room and when I asked about it, she was very short with me and raised her voice. I wasn't to happy. She proceeded to tell me that it was a deposit for the room. I told her that it wasn't. I shouldn't have had to do that. I don't deal with things like that very well. I did mention it when I checked out, and it was as if this wasn't something new. I got a simple sorry about that.

There is a Hopper bus that drops you off at the hotel and picks you up about every other hour or so. It's 7 euros each way, which was very nice. There's also a mall nearby and there are buses that go into Dublin near there as well. The last bus back is about 11.

I wish this was a nicer place. I would go back, but I didn't feel I got the best service. I waited an hour to get a hairdryer. I had to eventually go to the front desk (wait in line) and ask for it a third time. If you have kids or in a large group, this might be a good place to stay for a night. I saw a few businessmen/women, which this would be an okay place to stay if you had some business to do in the area. I wouldn't recommend this place if you wanted to feel pampered or on a vacation where you didn't want to feel stressed out.

Room Tip: If it's warm, ask if there is a fan in the room. You should also check to see if your room has a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Galway, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The hotel itself was nice, staff are fantastic, really helpful and friendly. We had dinner which was lovely but when it came to breakfast things went down hill rapid, queuing for up to ten minutes across the lobby for a table and then when you got to the table the staff had only half set it, no tea cups and never offered tea of coffee-not the staffs fault, there was just too many people for them to cope with. The food it wasn't all that edible. They really need to improve the standard of the cereals and they need to seriously improve the quality of the meat. We left most of our food behind.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley? Share your experiences!