“Excellent bar staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley

Save Saved
You added Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Liffey Valley Complex | on the M50/N4 intersection at Liffey Valley, Dublin 22, Ireland   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #111 of 177 hotels in Dublin
“Excellent bar staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Came for a long weekend at this hotel it was a good laugh the location is not that bad its a 20 minute bus ride into centre anyway was always in the bar due to how polite and nice the bar staff was, they were always doing their best to make everything okay especially warren the man always had a smile on his face!

• Stayed May 2013
Andrzej P, Manager at Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Billie94

It’s very kind of you to take the time to share your positive comments with us.
I was delighted to read that you had a enjoyable stay and I will be sharing your kind comments with my team. I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an enjoyable experience have been appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon as it is my goal to retain you as a satisfied customer.
If there is anything else I can be assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

1,034 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Greek first
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed one night after a business trip to Dublin, then we went to Phoenix Park the next morning which was nearby. Good reception service, express check out using the in-built electronic system via your room t.v that was fantastic. I think the car park should be free of charge! The room was spacious, but could have been cleaner. Variety of food available until late.

• Stayed April 2013
Andrzej P, Manager at Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Mojahid,

It’s very kind of you to take the time to share your positive comments with us.
I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and I will be sharing your kind comments with my team. I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an enjoyable experience have been appreciated.

Doire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Location is probably the only thing that lets this hotel down. It is on the wrong side of the M50 if you want to do Dublin nightlife. The hotel was very busy with a conference crowd when we arrived Friday evening but the very efficient staff had our party of four booked in with little delay. The rooms were well sized, spotless and comfortable. A pleasant bar and restaurant were inviting but as we had eaten earlier we didn't have a meal just snacks. With the Liffey Valley shopping centre less than 10 minutes walk from the hotel, it is an ideal base for that shopping trip. The hotel does offer deals and we will probably avail of some of these before the end of summer.

Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Our company uses this Clarion quite alot. Men are very happy with hotel & amenities, very important to us is safe, secure parking which is provided & booking is very simple with a quick e-mail. Reservation staff are a pleasure to deal with.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Fiona C

Cork2008
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Booked this with AXA and for what they charged it was very good value. I had stayed here before and it was a bad experience; this time the location suited so I gave them another go.

On arrival receptionist was anything but interested and later on the same “local” lady wasn’t too helpful when we enquired about the restaurant etc. Despite this the rooms were typical 4 star and the pool facilities were very good. The food in the restaurant was good if hard to find the price!! Our waiter was again a bit distant but did attend to our requirements

Over all our stay was good value but we also stayed at the Stillorgan Park Hotel this same weekend; same 4 star rating, same price but streets ahead in every way.

Room Tip: request away from main door area
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cork2008,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with feedback regarding your stay in the Clarion hotel Loffey Valley. I was most disappointed to learn of the issues you encountered on your stay,Our aim at The Clarion Hotel is to consistently ensure that we surpass our guest expectations, but it would seem on this occasion we failed, and for this I sincerely apologise. Rest assured, I have passed your comments on to our Reception and Restaurant Team who will ensure that this is not repeated as this is a poor representation of the very hard work our team across the hotel do on a daily basis to ensure that every aspect of your stay is flawless.
I do hope this doesnt stop you from returning to visit us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley in the future

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for bank holiday weekend, I would definately stay here again & would recommend this hotel. Good choice for breakfast. Rooms are nice and clean, spacious. No shampoo or shower caps but can't expect extras if your only paying approx 60 euro for the room. Car park is only €4 per night & is very safe & well secured. Staff are polite & efficient. Close to Phoenix park & shopping right next door at Liffey valley shopping ctr!!

• Stayed May 2013
Andrzej P, Manager at Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments, which I have shared with all of our staff. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon as it is my goal to retain you as a satisfied customer.

Andrzej Platek
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley is located in West Dublin, and is about 30 minutes from downtown Dublin by city bus and 35 minutes from the airport by bus. The fare from the airport is around 7 Euros and departure schedule can be found on-line. This bus brings you right to the hotel and can return you to the airport for return travel. The purchase of a round-trip ticket when boarding may be discounted.

The hotel is fairly nice and consists of a main building and an extended stay building. My family of four adults were provided two rooms in the second building which was showing the wear of past months use. Our suites had a kitchenette and sitting area adjoining a small bedroom with a clean bathroom, but the rooms lacked freshness and there was hair on one bed and the carpet showed stain-marks. We complained and were moved to the main building and provided two very nice Junior suites on the 5th and 6th floors. These rooms, located one above the other, overlooked the highway and provided a nice open view of the landscape. The beds were comfortable, bathrooms clean, and very pleasing overall. We used the internet in the lobby and eat breakfast served at the deli. We also enjoyed dinner in the Asian restaurant. The deli and the bar staff were cordial; other staff including front-desk were professional, but not necessarily friendly.

The Liffey Valley Mall is located about 15 minutes walking away from the hotel; it offers many nice stores, eateries and a movie theatre. Buses to downtown Dublin must be caught outside the mall. Travelling on the city bus, we experienced very friendly fellow riders, and found that the Irish are generally quite friendly people. Temple Bar is a fun area of downtown with interesting buildings, bars, restaurants, shopping and tours. Tax-free items can be purchased at some downtown stores, but we also found one store at the airport that offered items on sale, a most unusual site at airports, at prices that were less than they were downtown.

We plan on returning to Dublin and will likely again stay at the Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley

Room Tip: Ask for accommodation in the main building, unless family size or length of stay dictates a need for...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Cobcop,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with your feedback on your stay in the Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley. I am delighted to read you intend on coming back to the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back and ensuring a great stay. To avoid any disappointment book directly with the hotel`s reservations department to ensure you recieve the required rooms. Once again thank you for your feedback and I will see you in the future

Duty Manager

Been to Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley? Share your experiences!