“Good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley

You added Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Liffey Valley Complex | on the M50/N4 intersection at Liffey Valley, Dublin 22, Ireland   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #103 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Cork, Ireland
“Good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Excellent reception staff. Patient and willing to answer any and all my questions. All the standard facilities. My shower curtain is so creased and screwed tho. Perhaps this is the style. If so its awful. But thats just my opinion :)

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Greek first
Galway, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is a nice hotel and the room was very clean which is a major bonus these days! However, when I arrived, I was very annoyed to be left waiting for 15 minutes to check-in as I needed to be someplace. The food was decent. I used room service for dinner and breakfast. Both times, they forgot something but otherwise it was decent. I found the porter and the room service attendant very friendly but not the front desk. My room was very cool when I returned and after trying to figure out the heat, I was told that the heat was off in the entire hotel (it was 7 degrees outside) and they brought me a small electric heater which took a significant amount of time to heat the room. The bed had a dip in it so it was extremely uncomfortable and, although I would've told the front desk this info had they asked at checkout, they didn't ask anything about how my stay was! However, due to the cleanliness of the rooms and the food being quite decent, I would chance it again and would change rooms if I got another bed like that!

Room Tip: Lie on the bed before you unpack as mine had a dip and was lopsided and was very uncomfortable and...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Took my boyfriend away for his birthday to dublin and chose to stay in this hotel because it looked really good and reviews were mixed so thought I would give it a go! First of all you have to pay 4 euro for the car park if u are there for over 4 hours in a day. It is really hard to get a space in the car park outside the hotel as people are coming and going all the time to use the gym and swimming pool. You are better using secure underground parking. The room we were first put in was ok but it was on ground floor, felt like we were in a dungeon. We asked to change rooms which was no problem, this was a much better room looking over the car park. The staff in the hotel arnt great.The nicest staff we came across were in the breakfast hall. The swimming pool is used as the local leisure centre as it is 1 euro a day for people to use, so kids are everywhere and a good bit of the pool is closed off for swimming lanes. Lockers are 2 euro to rent. You are better going to the pool early in the morning. Breakfast served was ok, could of had more hot food but was ok. Location is out of the city but if you have a car, you will be ok. The liffey Valley shopping centre is very close by and is really good. Has loads of shops in it. The restaurant across the road called the Arc Cafe is lovely and serves food until 10 at night. I would stay here again but only if i was at a concert in dublin, not for a relaxing break with the boyfriend. Definatley not 4 star anyway.

Room Tip: ask for one off the ground floor and not on the motorway side.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This hotel is close to the airport, and that's where ANY positive feedback ends. The hotel is a behemoth, and it was a labyrinthine trek to find our room. We were greeted by a large bag of garbage in the hallway next to our door, along with a broken child's play pen. While we waited - at least 25 minutes - for our meal to arrive in the lobby restaurant (restaurant staff were curt), I stood in line at reception - at least 20 minutes - to report the trash outside our door. The receptionist was mildly interested, and after dinner, guess what? Yep, all trash was still there. I'm the one who moved it into a nearby common area. It seems that because the facility is gigantic, management tries to pull in families with children for overnight get-aways. Each time we walked through, the lobby area was swarming with apparently unsupervised children, careening here and there. (I DO like children - just not when they behave like that - and in public!) Our toilet did not reliably flush, and there IS a trick to getting the electric on in your room. And this "great" stay ended predictably: when checking out in the morning, we paid for the overnight parking. (Yes, you pay to park overnight in their lot.) Reception gave us all small denomination Euro coins - they "had nothing bigger." So we returned to the States with a pocket full on small change. It was our final, annoying "gift" from this dismal stay. What a sorry way to end a wonderful trip in Ireland.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sligo, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed there with my daughter on 19 and 20 July. A very nice hotel with good food, service and accommodation . The only disadvantage was if was a long way from city centre and we had to get taxis. It was very near the Liffey valley shopping centre, a good centre to do all your shopping under one roof. There was also a cinema.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

stayed here for one night and have to say the staff where unbelievably rude never seen anything like it... the paint in the room was flakin off the walls the bins hadn been changed in the bathroom the lifts wasnt working when i rang to complain they didnt care i had to pay deposit on the room which they left me waitin for the next morning for like and hour to get it back.. the restaurant in the hotel closed..!! absolutly disgusted with the place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights with our infant. They did provide a crib (cot) for the baby. When we arrived the room was hot and we were told that NO rooms have AC; the previous reviewer said they had AC, so that is confusing. The sink leaked and water got all over the floor; it was fixed the next day after I complained. There was not enough soap in the dispenser in the shower, so that ran out the first morning. We were not told that breakfast was included with our stay so we almost missed it, if we had not happened to ask on our way out. Parking is 4 Euro/night; the front desk told us to "pay for parking on the way out"; we had assumed this meant pay at the gate when you leave, but it actually meant pay inside the hotel before you leave. So we had to turn the car around and return to the hotel to pay for parking. We were overcharged (incorrectly charged) when we checked out, and we had to have them fix it. I cannot say we would stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley? Share your experiences!