“Excellent customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beacon

You added The Beacon to your Saves list
The Beacon
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Beacon Court | Sandyford Business District, Dublin 18, Ireland   |
Ranked #21 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Corralejo, Spain
“Excellent customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

We found the Beacon Hotel to be most comfortable and fit for purpose. Staff were obviously well trained and were courteous and helpful at all times. The hotel is elegant and represented very good value for money. I have recommended it highly to my friends and colleagues.

Staff are to be commended as items left behind in error were available when I enquired.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

I really love this hotel and it has very few down points. The rooms are very clean and with modern design, particulary the bathrooms! The room is definitely a high point. For a business trip this hotel is completely ideal, the room service is very quick, I never waited more than 10 minutes for my meal and the customer service level is very high. The only down points is that it is a little way out of the centre of Dublin and you need to take a Luas to get to the main shops. Also the hotel really only has rooms and a restaurant, no gym/swimming pool etc... However what it does have is of such a high standard and I would definitely stay here again. Definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
tipperary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

stayed for one nt here and would love to have had longer,from the min i booked it over the phone i was dealt with as if i was the only one stayin there ,and when i got there i was blown away by the decor ,and for me if the hotel is lovely id put up with the menu iffy but that was amazing served by kim who couldnt do enough for us in the beautiful restaurant and unlike most restaurants of this calibre he had a joke with my son and us ,also the price including wine and soft drink ,60 euro ,you wouldnt get it in the american diner rest that has to remain nameless for that.i read a few of the trip advisor comments and all i can say is go see for yourself it is fab,they have a cocktail bar and a tom cruise that can make a cocmopolitan like no one else ,i would have stayed in the foyer all nt,and the pics on the site is exactly as you see it ,the room was huge even with a spare bed in it spotless ,we were in room 711 ,and a huge breakfast,top class all around and as my husband can verify i allways feel if you pay for a hotel stay you need it to be special or else you mt as well stay at home ,and have been known to go bk to reception and say a room isnt acceptable and wont apologise for it,just cos your getting a good deal you dont compromise on cleanliness ,were not well traveled but weve stayed in a lot of irish hotels and allways 4 or 5 star and that doesnt meen anything if it doesnt come up to standard.one member of staff to be horrible is enough to put me off,but you wont find that here .dont mind the neg comments go see this place for yourself and if your not amazed with the foyer and it gets better from there,hope your stay is as enjoyable as mine

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

I stayed at the Beacon Hotel on business for a number of days at the end of July. The Hotel is lovely, quirky in its decor, but very clean with the friendliest of staff. The rooms are spacious and well laid out with great bathrooms !!

I ate in both the restaurant and had room service, both were excellent. I would definitely recommend a stay here !!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

I have booked a package Stay Out - Dine Out at Beacon Hotel in Dublin, Ireland on 18th Aug 2010 for myself & my husband. The stuff were extremely friendly and attentive to details, the room&bathroom were very simple, but stylish and most important very clean. Hotel itself is fabulous, would definitely get back there again. The food at hotel's restaurant My Thai was delicious, the only minor minus there was the time we had to wait for our mains after we finished starters, but it didn't bother us as we had plenty of time. Hotel is outside Dublin city centre, but easy accesible by Luas. Dundrum shopping centre (the best place to shop at) is close. We had breakfast served to our room as well. It was delivered on time and taste was great. Would definitely go back ther if needed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

We stayed at this hotel on the 'it's a couple thing' offer. In general it was ok, however room service took an hour when we arrived. We made a booking for dinner with reception but the restaurant didn't have it. Breakfast arrived on time but was missing half of the items ordered. One small pot of coffee for two people and some of the cutlery was dirty. It felt as if the hotel is very under staffed. Trays littered the halls from breakfast and we didn't check in till after 7pm. All in all though we enjoyed our stay as stay were friendly and the rooms are modern, comfortable and clean.

• Stayed August 2010
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

This Hotel is beautifully designed both inside and out, stylish, elegant & chic yet not overindulged in intimidating luxury - exactly what is needed for a busy weekend whether on business or pleasure or both!

I loved the inviting lobby/reception area, fashionably changing from daytime city chic to a cool night time vibe with subtle lighting and cool music…which flowed round through the contemporary cocktail bar to the My Thai restaurant where we had a delicious dinner from the sumptous menu selection on both evenings.
Every staff member we encountered was pleasant and helpful and every effort was made throughout our weekend stay to ensure we were looked after and every request was accommodated.
Our large Deluxe suite was spacious and light by day then ambiently lit by night to relax into the evening... a full wall window offered views of the coast line to the right and the urban areas to the left - a well stocked mini bar for instant refreshments and not forgetting the large bathroom with its heavenly rain shower, huge deep bath, fluffy towels, bathrobes & slippers … pure luxury!

I was really looking forward to our stay at the hotel, I love travelling and am fortunate to stay in many hotels around the world for both business and pleasure trips and l certainly wasn't disappointed as The Beacon Hotel really exceeded my expectations for atmosphere, style and most importantly, standards of service which was second to none.
I can thoroughly recommend The Beacon Hotel and look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Been to The Beacon? Share your experiences!